Chapter 1

Love Is Weird

English  &  Thoughts  Chinese

Subscribe and comment your thoughts on this chapter


There was one thing Lee Hyura hated about her life. It was the constant changing of her part-time job. It was hard for a high schooler to find a job these days, most of them wanting a high school diploma.

"Here's your pay, Miss Lee." her boss said and gave her an slightly thick envelope before patting her shoulder, "I wish you good luck."

Hyura sighed to herself for the umpteenth time that day. How many part-time jobs had she done and got fired? She lost count. Reaching her apartment door, she unlocked the door and went in. She lived alone for awhile now. Her father passed away when she was young, her older sister was studying in LA and her mother worked as a housekeeper for some rich people so she has to live there. Hyura sat down on the couch and counted the money she just received. It wasn't much but she could manage. She divided it in half, one half in her wallet and another in her mini safe with her other savings.

"What did I do to deserve this?" she said out loud, shaking her head.

She ran a hand through her dark hair in frustration. It was times like these that she hoped a miracle would happen and all her hardship in life would disappear. Just then her phone rang. She pulled it out from her jeans pocket and checked the caller, her sister was calling from LA.

"Hello?" Hyura answered it.

"Hey, I have to make this quick. They charge a lot of money for long distance calls." Her sister responded.

"Then why didn't you just SNS me?"

"Didn't think of it." Hyura rolled her eyes at her sister's forgetful memory, "Anyways, I want you to come to LA."

"WHAT?"

"I want you to come to America." And before Hyura could reject, her sister added, "I already mailed a plane ticket. I won't take no for an answer. Well bye!"

"Unnie wait." Too late, she already hung up.

Hyura sighed to herself. Her sister was so demanding. But then a thought crossed her mind. Los Angeles. Have my prayers been answered? She could use the vacation. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea.

 

 

Science 1 High School is the most pretigious high school in Seoul, where only the smartest and richest kids could attend. It was a really famous school, most probably because most of the heirs and heiresses attended there. Park Hyunmi was one of them. The heiress to JK Entertainment, the second in line to the company, but she has her share of money. The school's princess, a nickname given to her by one of her childhood friends.

She and her gang of friends, you could say, rule the school. Well their suppose leader does. Cho Seungyeon was feared throughout the school because he was a bully. His sidekick was Li Wenhan. But Seungyeon was more scarier. Then there was Il Yeomi, but she was rarely with them since she was busy with her journalist club. The trio were inseparable. People wonder how they stuck together when they had different personalities.

Hyunmi, the youngest of the group, was more livelier and cheerful. She is blunt, she could tell you the harsh truth without hesitation. But she was also secretive and possesive. She had her fingers wrapped around Seungyeon and Wenhan, never letting them get away. This was because she lost a friend before and she didn't want to lose another.

Most people would think that Seungyeon was the cheerful one in the group because of his cute face and dorky smile, but no, he is a bully. He wasn't like this before though. The leaving of one of their friend left a scar in all of them. He became a cold, heartless jerk. He hated him, the friend that hurted them, especially Hyunmi.

Wenhan was more reserved and quiet. He is Seungyeon's best pal and always stood beside him. He wasn't as heartless as Seungyeon but he has his terrifying side. He was the only one in the group that still had hope and trusted the friend that left them. Not that he told anyone that. If he did, he was dead meat to Seungyeon, best friend or not.

 

Hyunmi opened her locker and found another love letter from her admirers. Why can't they take a hint? She thought to herself while grabbing her books for her next lesson, as well as the letter. She'll read it later. To be honest, she was sick of all the love notes and presents from her admirers. It's not like they really love her, they usually fall for her looks and money anyways. She lost her faith in love. Her first love left her, for another. At least that's what he told her but she never saw the other girl. It's not like she cared. Sometimes she wished that she never met him.

She walked off to her class to begin her day of learning. It took her mind off him for a while. But there were times when she wished a prince charming would come and mend her broken heart. Maybe someday.

 


It's I know. I'm not so great at beginnings, where introductions of the characters are made. But I hope you enjoyed reading this. And it's short. Just great.