Chapter 1: Him

Unrequited Love

"Minhee, oppa's friend is coming over today. Put on your best behaviour arraseo?"


Minhee nodded and continued playing with her toys. At the mere age of 5, she wasn't going to stop what she was doing just to doll herself up to impress her brother's friend. What were dresses and makeup? Barbie dolls and lollipops were everything to her.


"Ding Dong~" The doorbell chimed. She called for her brother but he motioned her to get the door while he dressed himself up in a decent blue tee with dinosaur-printed shorts. Minhee waddled over to the door and being the short girl she was, tip-toed to reach for the doorknob. She pulled backwards and landed swiftly on her feet.


Standing right in front of her was a taller boy cladded in a black printed tee and blue denim jeans along with striking red sneakers. His eyes, coal black irises set in pools of pure white, his nose, sharp and pointed, his lips, red and luscious. His brown hair gleamed under the sunlight like a halo and his gesture of having his hands behind his back showed a sense of gentleness.


Minhee froze. Like a petal of dandelion drifting away from its stalk, she too, was blown away by what she saw.


That, was the first meeting with her current crush, Oh Sehun.

 


< 12 years later...>

 


"Song Minhee!"


Minhee heard someone whisper her name again and felt a nudge on her arm. Her eyelids fluttered as she woke up from a deep slumber. She lifted her head up after much effort and rubbed her eyes groggily.


"Would you answer this question for the class please?"


As usual, Minhee wasn't able to answer the question. She was always dead beat after part-time jobs the previous day and would come to school often unprepared. Nobody in her class would be surprised to know that she was dozing off during lessons, but neither did they know why she was always so tired, apart from her best friend Youngji.


Minhee heard the school bell ring, and that signalled that classes were over. After greeting the teacher and saying goodbye to Youngji who was staying back for a project, she slung her bag over her shoulders and headed straight for the door, only to be stopped by someone.


Minhee saw the bright pink, gem-studded shoes of that particular 'someone' and immediately knew who it was. With long brown hair, facial features that of a doll's and a figure like a model's, there stood Jina, the school's 'beauty queen'.


"Always sleeping in class... What are you? A pig?"


Her girly sidekicks giggled like a row of chirping sparrows and stopped only to wave to the class 'gangsters' whom Minhee likes to call the 'badasses', led by Kim Hanbin, son of a wealthy CEO who owns an array of shopping malls. Rumours stated that his dad earns a million dollars a month, making Minhee wonder how long it would take for her to earn the same amount. Five years? Ten years? Who knows.


The 'badasses' consists of 6 members, each coming from wealthy familes, each having cool and nonchalant expressions all day long and each changing girlfriends as if they were changing clothes.


"Ya. Keep your eyes off MY Hanbin, stupid pig." Jina edged a finger into Minhee's chest, causing Minhee to wince from the long manicured nails that scraped her skin.


"Enough of your crap, Jina. Laugh at me all you want but don't waste my time. If you would excuse me." Minhee shove the girls away, creating an open path to the door.


She knew that shoving them away probably wasn't the best solution since they would come back to her with vengeance in mind, but oh wells, even if she didn't do that, they would still come back to make fun of her anyways.


--


Minhee had just finished her part-time job at a chinese restaurant and was now, in the changing room of a shopping mall, getting ready for her next part-time job. She slipped the blue and white-laced uniform on, grabbing a mop and a red bucket filled with water for completion of the janitor look.


The shopping mall was closed late at night, and Minhee was in charge of cleaning the supermarket. She dipped the mop into the bucket, drained the mop of some of its water content and proceeded to clean every nook and cranny of the supermarket. Already tired from serving close to a hundred bowls of black sauce noodles, dragging the mop to and fro wasn't helping Minhee at all. Her arm muscles were soon turning numb from the continuous motion and Minhee reminded herself to get a roll of medicinal tape from the convenience store after work.


Just as she turned around the corner of a rack displaying packets of potaato chips and biscuits, gaped open at the sight of a boy, back slouched against the glass doors of the refrigerators containing bottled and can drinks, his hand grasping an open can of cola.


He had a snapback over his rich black hair, a denim jacket matched with denim jeans and black converse sneakers with light blue laces. His seemingly kind and gentle eyes were darkened by the shadow cast by the bill of his snapback, his light pink lips set upon a thin line as he turned to look at Minhee.


It was Him.
 

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Wassup Readers! Its Kimbapnim!

We're glad to reveal the first chapter to our first story, so hope you guys like it! Please support the fic and give us lots of love~ ^^