Realization Sinks In

It Hurts

Maybe today would have been better if I hadn't woke up with sharpie marker on my face, a pancake stuffed in my pants and a killer head ache. Not to mention back pain from sleeping on the ground, a hippo roaring above me;also known as my best friend Wonshik, sleeping like a dead log under his warm sheets.

 

Sitting up some an ignoring the almost unbearable pounding of my head I glance around, searching for my phone. My body feels numb, heaviness still there as I crawl to grab my jacket across the room on the floor, sliding my phone, compact mirror and rings from the pockets. I set them out on the floor in front of me, sliding the two silver rings into my fingers, the cold metal sending a chill up my knuckles and I smile at the feeling. 

 

A loud sound comes from behind me, making me jump, my right hand automatically flying up to cover my mouth. Quickly I turn around, fearing that I've woken my friend up, but he's lying still on his bed, the only visible part of him is bed head, black hair sticking out from under the blanket in which he's hidden.  

 

It takes a minute for my breathing to slow down a bit, but after it does I slowly scoot over to peek around the side of his bed. A cup, which was just previously on his bed side table, is now smashed on the floor, it's liquidity contents already getting absorbed by his carpet. I sigh, scooting back to where my stuff is and open the mirror, wincing at myself. My face is slightly puffy, my eyes bloodshot, black marker on my upper lip, the zit on my chin looking bigger than it had the night before. I let out a small whine before applying the dark powder foundation.

 

It took a long ass trip to many different stores, a complaining Wonshik, and a lack money to get this damn foundation and I'm gonna savour it the most I can. Finally after looking at my face and feeling satisfied, the zit and marker hidden enough, I carefully click the lid shut and grab my phone, tapping twice on the screen to make it light up. 

 

My heart drops when I see the time.

 

"Wonshik!!!!!" I yell, jumping up and stumbling to His side. He doesn't move, even when I shake him hard enough you'd think there was a 8.2 earthquake happening right now. Miraculously he doesn't move an inch, his hot morning breath slapping me in the face when I lean down to grab his shoulders. 

 

"Ewww" I groan, glaring at the younger. What the hell did he eat that made his breath smell like rotting chicken with a hint of vomit? Seriously you'd think him brushing his teeth last night would have gotten rid of that. But then I remember, he didn't brush them last night. Figures.

 

I cross my arms, remembering the burnt pancake shoved in my boxers. I will kill you Shik! I think to myself, pulling the crumbling smashed black "pancake", if you can even call it that anymore, and throw it at him. 

 

He shifts in his bed a little, but shows no other signs of life. 

 

"I SWEAR YOUR LIKE A FUCKEN DEAD BODY!" I yell at the top of my lungs, pouncing on him. His eyes shoot open, a smirk on his face after realizing the situation and pushes me off of him with ease. 

 

"Morning Kim Wonshik" I say with a small smile, his eyebrows raised slightly. I chuckle at a sudden thought and he smiles at me.

 

"What?" He asks, voice raspy from sleep.

 

"You know what's gonna be on my gravestone? " I ask, getting up quickly out of his reach.

 

"What? " he asks, a small smirk forming on his small pink lips.

 

"Cha Hakyeon, death by baby hippo snoring to damn loud" I say proudly, pointing at him with a chuckle.

 

"Ey! Shut up Turtle! " He yells with a laugh, throwing a pillow at me but it missed me by a lot. 

 

"I'm not that dark!" I yell, leaning against the closed bedroom door. 

 

"Ah... we're late aren't we?" He asks with a groan, looking at his pulled back curtains, the light shining into the room, bright and cheerful.

 

"Yeah, up now, school started an hour ago" 

 

"An hour?!" He yells, throwing his blanket and swinging his feet to hang off the side of the bed.

 

"Wonshik don't!" I yell, but it's to late. I can hear the crunch of the glass, his wail afterwards and him jump back on the bed, clutching his foot to his chest. 

 

In only a second I'm at his side, his mom's number dialing on my phone. He bites his shirt, tears rolling down his cheeks, falling onto his arms and bloody foot, large glass shards sticking out of his skin. 

 

"It'll be okay" I say over and over again, holding his shaking body against mine in a hug. The phone rings a few times before there's breathing on the other line.

 

"Hakyeon? " a female voice says into the speaker. 

 

"Umma, oh my god umma" I say, a hiccuped sob following my words. 

 

"Hakyeon what's going on?" She asks quickly, worry in her voice. 

 

"Its Wonshik.. he-he-he" I say quickly, the words breaking off after he every attempt I give it. Wonshiks hold on my shoulders tighten, my shirt drenched in his tears.

 

"What happened to my son, what's going on??" She asks, her voice rushed now.

 

"He stepped on glass he's bleeding a lot the glass it's still...still" I say, my body trembling as hot streams pour from my eyes, us holding onto each other like the other is dying. 

 

"Aren't you guys at school? " she asks, voice furious.

 

"No we woke up late we were just getting out of bed when it happened oh umma I'm so sorry" I wail into the phone, Wonshik's cries growing more sharp. 

 

"Hey Hey calm down. I'm on my way" she says before the line goes dead.

 

My head hurts, body tingling,

back throbbing, exhaustion taking over and there's no words to describe how worthless I feel right now. All I can do Is hold him until his mom gets here, but that's just what I do. 

 

*******

 

I sigh, face red, the foundation completely gone now, tapping my pen against the text book as the classes up roars of laughter and whispers fill the room. The good thing is, although my face is completely bare, the zit clear and the redness bright like a tomato contrasting my dark skin, the black marker was now gone. 

 

The teacher stands at the front of the class trying to get everyone's attention but is failing miserably. All I can think about is Wonshik. His mom drove him to the hospital from the house, them taking him down to the OR as soon as we arrived. After he went under his umma drove me to school, the ride silent, air cautious the whole way there. 

 

Now, sitting in whatever class this is, filled with noise and laughter, I grit my teeth and watch the clock, arms ticking slow as ever, teasing me in a way. I glare daggers at the teacher who tries to call on me to answer a math problem and girls at the front laugh as the teachers expression grows startled, him quickly choosing another student and not asking anything more from me for the rest of the class period. 

 

The bed blares overhead and in a few seconds flat the room is empty, all except the teacher, who is cowering behind his computer at his desk. I get up slowly, taking the four textbooks I checked out from the school library earlier and my binder in my hands, I make my way to the door.

 

"Bye Sunbaenim" I say quietly, pushing the door open only to get pushed into, knocking the contents out of my hands, everything falling to the floor.

 

"Hey! Watch where your-"

 

"I'm so sorry!!" A male voice squeaks, leaning down to help me with my stuff. Every paper in my binder has fallen out, the papers in the textbooks as well. He arranges my binder as I stack up my textbooks. There should be four textbooks and the binder, but there's an extra book laying at my feet.

 

"Ah that's mine, sorry again" he says, and finally I look up to see a boy, maybe a grade younger than Me, eye level with me. His dark eyes stare into mine, the corner of his lips tugging up into a bright smile. His expression is soft, eyes apologetic, and even after all of today's events I find myself smiling slightly.

 

"It's okay.." I say, standing up, and he does the same. He's taller than me, his body lean but hidden under a black and white jacket, his black skinny jeans and boots compliment each other nicely. His hair, black at the roots and blonde on the rest suit his appearance well. He's cute, to say the most.  

 

"I'm sorry again, I should have been paying attention" he says quietly, looking down at the ground. I smile at his voice, not deep but perfect and smooth, beautiful and graceful sounding in every way. 

 

"No really, it's okay, I bumped into you too so I'm sorry" I say quickly, and he looks up at me with a smile. 

 

"Hey, you better hurry if you wanna be on time to your next class" he says, pulling out his phone to check the time.

 

"Oh. Yeah huh, excuse me" I say, sliding past him and rushing down the hall. 

 

I settle into my seat, heart fluttering and face warm.

 

"Why are you so happy?" A friend of mine, Hongbin asks, but I can't stop smiling long enough to tell him.

 

The class gets started and I stare down at the text book, not seeing words but instead a face. His face. I smile to myself, cheek bones hurting. Suddenly realization sinks in and my smile falters.

 

I forgot to get his name. 

_____________________________________________

I wanted to :) lol. I hope you all like it! Sorry for any mistakes (idk if I used the term Sunbaenim right so please don't be mad at me I didn't mean to offend anyone if I did)

 

Also I make fun of Hakyeons dark skin in this chapter, please know that I love all of VIXX so much and don't mean to make people mad by making "fun" of him, I honestly love him so much. 

 

Thank you all so much for reading!  Sorry if u didn't like it. 

 

Please don't forget to COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE it means so much to me to see your kind words. GO CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES TOO. THANK YOU ALL!!! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<3