Change of Schedule

Notice Me

Yongguk headed to the campus library to study just like every other day. A black canvas bag slung over his left shoulder, a paper bag in his right hand, headphones in his ears and his school ID in his pocket. He wasn't rushing like the other students around him but he did move with a purpose. Climbing the stairs he headed toward the back of the library and sat down in one of the large egg shaped chairs by the window.


Taking off his hat he ran his fingers through his jet black hair before setting up his personal study space. Laptop on the table, phone on silent next to it, drink next to his feet, bag under the table and food in his lap. He let out a deep sigh before he took bite of his burger. Everyday was the same thing but, he was content with it all.


Especially when he saw her. Every day as he sat and ate she came by on her lavender bicycle, always at 12:45 never earlier or later. The more he paid attention the more he noticed about her. When her skin would become bronze in the spring or when she'd be lighter in the winter. Her hair changed often whether it was style or color. Sometimes she'd have it straight or she'd wear it naturally curly. She'd been a blonde, a red head, a brunette and almost every color of the rainbow. Now she had long braids to her back with a mix of maroon scattered amongst them.


The edges of his lips curled up into a slight smile everytime she passed. It was a joy to look at her. He took in every detail as she went by today. Her braids in a high bun, big shades on her face, a bright blue romper and the numerous tattoos on her legs.


Once she was out of sight he sighed again before finishing his lunch. As he began to study his mind started to wander back to the girl. Thoughts of introducing himself and talking to her swirled around in his head. It got to the point where he gave up on studying and decided to head back to his apartment. He'd try to study tomorrow.


THE NEXT DAY...
He sat there his things in his bag and his lunch untouched. He couldn't eat or study. The clock above him read 12:55. She hadn't come by the window yet. Something like this shouldn't bother him so much but he had a strange feeling in his stomach...something wasn't right. Making up his mind he stood up with his bag and went out the back exit of the library.


"I'll just walk the direction she normally comes from. If I see her I'll speak, if not maybe she got sick." He said to himself.

As he walked he saw three guys up ahead surrounding someone. He recognized them as Jun, Allen and Will. They were infamous for harassing the girls on campus. That's when he noticed a lavender bike laying on the ground. Yongguk could feel his heart pounding in his chest as he moved a little quicker. He got closer and could hear a girl's voice.

"Back off..." She said

"Why don't you give me kiss huh?" Jun said trying to lean in.

*SLAP*

She slapped him across the face. Slightly stunned he turned back and slapped her just as hard.

"Then how about I get a quick squeeze." he said before reaching his hand toward her backside.

She quickly grabbed his wrist and suddenly...

*WHACK*

She headbutted him in the nose and sent him staggering backwards.

"Don't touch me!" She yelled.

Allen and Will quickly shoved her, knocking her to the cement pavement. Yongguk's eyes widened and he felt his face get hot with anger. They pinned her down and were about to punch her when he ran up.

"Get off her!" He said before grabbing Allen by the collar and throwing him off to the side.

"And just who the hell are you?" Will asked, clearly irritated.

"Her friend. Now get off her you !" Yongguk said in a rage before swinging his heavy backpack at Will's head.

The blow sent him backwards. The three quickly regrouped and took off up the street.

"I'm reporting them to the cops and student conduct. That's ridculous." The girl said as she rose up. Her face was a little red where she got slapped.

"Are you alright? Did they hurt you?" Yongguk asked.

"No. I'm good but, thank you for helping me. That was pretty convinient."

"It was nothing. I'm just glad you're okay. I'm Yongguk by the way." He said as he offered his hand.

"I'm Violet. Nice to meet you. Usually when I come this way there is no one out here, they're always in class. Were you going somewhere?" She asked while picking up her bike

Yongguk could feel his face growing red. He nervously scratched the back of his neck.

"Y-You might think I'm weird for this..."

"I don't judge people it's not cool. Walk and talk." She began walking her bike back towards the library and Yongguk stayed next to her.

"Actually, I usually sit in the library window right there." He pointed at the window where he usually sat.

"I notice you go by at the same time every day. You were late so, I wanted to check and make sure you weren't hurt or something. It was a gut feeling."

His face grew even more red as he kept talking.

Violet stopped in her tracks and looked at him.

"So because, I was late you came to check on me...without even knowing me?" She asked looking him directly in his eyes.

Yongguk nodded sheepishly

'Smooth move. Now she thinks you're weird and will never come near you again!' He thought nervously.

"You've got a good heart."

"What?"

"Yeah. Your gut said something was wrong and you acted. You basically saved me. Thank you."

"So you don't think I'm weird or strange or anything like that?" He asked, shocked.

"No it's not my place to judge. Besides it's not like you were stalking me or anything." She said.

He was at a loss for words.

"Well I've got to go. I'm meeting my friends for lunch. See ya." She gave him a smile before hopping on her bike and pedalling down the street.

"Wow...that went way better than I ever imagined." He said before heading back to the library.