Final.

Home

[It is all in Sunny's POV]

 

Nov. 21, 2014

 

I woke up early in the morning to start my very long day of schedules. My manager will fetch me up from here in the dorm. I came back here yesterday to get some clothes that I can bring with me to China.

 

We have a fanmeeting in Nanjing so the girls and I will be flying later. Actually, some already had left. I need to stay to record my radio show first. Its already past 6am and here I am sitting on the sofa waiting for manager oppa to come.

 

I dont know why but suddenly the silence of the room made me lonely. I looked around and saw the dorm that served as our home for almost seven years already.

Seven long years. That was how long the nine of us had been together. Nine.

 

Nine.

 

I dont know how it happened so fast. We were just planning how to manage our schedules just to keep the group whole. How could it resulted to this?

She was hurting as we are. But everyone is afraid to talk to each other, afraid of worsening the situation. The picture of us nine hanging on the wall caught my eyes. That was one of our group pictures during our first album.

 

I looked straight at her who is smiling beautifully like a princess. I wonder if her smile is still as carefree as that. Had it changed? Because I myself had changed too. I used to be full of aegyo but now I began to act my age. I hope its not yet too late to fix the damage.

 

"You seem so lost in your thoughts, you didn't hear me knocking," my manager suddenly spoke behind me.

 

"Oh oppa you're here already. Are we ready to go?" I said trying to change the topic.

 

"I should be the one asking you that."

 

There was a brief silence. I just smiled faintly and started picking up my bags to put inside the van. My manager gathered up my other luggage and then we silently went down the building.

 

We didn't speak to each other until we were inside the van and already on the road.

 

"Is this the end of your long years of friendship?" he spoke. My eyes were watching the road thinking if someone.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"You know what I'm talking about."

 

"Oppa. How? I called her many times but she doesn't answer the phone."

 

"Have you tried talking to her in person?"

 

"Not yet. I don't know where is she now. I don't have much time in my hands, I have full schedule."

 

"Don't play dumb to me. By any chance you didn't run to each other at the office?"

 

I bowed my head. I agree that I didn't do my best to reconcile with her. But what can I do? I'm afraid of facing her. She might be angry at me, at us.

 

I realized that we had arrived at the MBC building so I got off the van. My manager will wait for me until I finish the broadcast and we will go to the airport.

 

Before I got to close the door of the van my manager spoke. " We all know Jessica. I've been a witness of your fights for seven years. No matter how serious it is or how hurt she is, she doesn't hold grudges. She loves all of you as much as you love her. Its never too late to fix it."

 

I kept thinking on his words until I arrived at the studio. I wasn't like my usual self this day, I hope the listeners wouldn't notice.

 

The minutes became hours until I had to close the program already. One of the last songs I played was Roy Kim's Home. This song had been close to my heart because I can relate to the lyrics.

 

 

I see your sad back hidden

behind the flashy lights and busy schedules

For your heavy shoulders as you worry

about what you want to do and what you have to do

When I hear your footsteps,

greeting you with a smile

That is the only gift that I could give you

Are you feeling sick anywhere? Was it hard?

 

Don’t worry about me,

I just need you to be okay

When your heart is aching,

when no one is there for you,

just come here

 

This song touches the deepest part of my heart. I remember my family, my home where I grew up everytime I hear this song. But recently, this song had became the theme song of our reality.

 

"To be honest I get lost in my thoughts whenever I listen to this song..." I told the listeners. "...I think it sounds like my story, and...its something I want someone to listen to. I can relate well to the lyrics."

 

I know that my words would soon be a hot topic to the people. There would be different understanding to my words but I hope that someone would feel my honest thoughts.

 

"I know you're not listening but I want to say, if you are tired or feeling like there is no one around you anymore, you can always come back home. That was just something I want to say to a friend." I finished my sincere message and then started to play the last song.

 

I hope the my message will reach you... I miss you my friend.

 

 

 

Somewhere around the world, her words spread among the sones who had been brought to tears by the heartfelt message and song. Somewhere there, someone cries while looking at a photo of nine on her phone...

 

 

_Aby