I want you back.

Desperate

"Get out! I don't want to see your face anymore!"

Sunny yelled  at Jessica as she pointed her finger to the door of her room. 

"Sunny, let me explain, it is not what you think it is. His just a friend." Jessica pleaded to the brunette, convincing her to listen to her story.

"I said, get out! I have already seen what I saw and that explains enough!" Sunny retorted making her tears fall. Her anger didn't let the taller one explain her side.

Defeated by Sunny's pride, Jessica bowed her head, and started sniffling back  her tears. She held her chest as pain slowly crawled up to it. She slowly walked backwards and turned to face the door. Looking downward, Jessica opened the door, leaving her angry friend who didn't even followed her through her gaze.

Sunny meanwhile, just left standing at the center of her room shivering because of her anger. Even the vine of sympathy for her friend was scared to crawl over her because of her wrath because what she saw.

Hours have passed after the fight, Sunny realized that what she did to her friend was just a big mistake. Why did she yell at her like that? They were not even in a relationship that she would act like that to Jessica, yet, with the taller's humble heart, she just let her scold and get mad to her like that. A flashback of their friendship suddenly appeared on Sunny's mind.

...

Jessica was Sunny's best friend since they met in high school. They first met in the school grounds under a tree where Jessica found Sunny crying because she was being bullied. 

"Hey!" Jessica called with a poker face, she knew who made this little girl cried and she felt guilty about it. It was her friends, it was her own friends that made Sunny tearing silently.

The shorter brunette looked up to source of the sound. Then she averted her gaze immediately from the person she saw, for she also knew that she was one of them. "Happy? How many more times would you want me to see crying?"

"No, I am sorry, look, I came here not to tease you nor bully you. I came here, because I feel guilty on what I and my friends had done to you." Jessica convinced.

"Is this just a part of your bullying? I don't believe in you!"

Jessica combed her hair with her hand and tried to explain that she really wanted to apologize to the turmoiled brunette.

"Then prove it." Sunny asked.

The next thing that happened was Sunny got her eyes widened when suddenly, Jessica, kneeled before her and begged to be forgiven.

"Please, forgive me and my friends, I promise I'll try to stop them from bullying you." 

On the other hand, the short brunette was still in the pillar of shock when arms started to cover her whole body. She was drowned into a hug. Jessica's scent climbed up to Sunny's nose and registered to her brain. Chills came suddenly to bones when a warm air, touched her ears saying, "I want to be your friend." 

The two young ladies became friends that day, Jessica tried preventing her other group of friends from bullying Sunny. Since then, Sunny also became friends with Jessica's. 

Years have passed, and they graduated college, until, they both decided to go into a University. They are unaware that they both chose the same University, but chose different courses. Still, their friendship grew and became closer.

It came to a point that Sunny decided to go independent and to just want to live alone by herself. With that, she rented an apartment which is closer to the University so that, it can be less hassle when going there.

"Really? Since when did you moved there?" Jessica asked excitedly. "I better take a visit at your new apartment."

"Just, the other day. Oh sure. When do you plan to go?" Sunny inquired.

"How about tonight?" 

"Well, I think someone's going to be busy tonight." Sunny said smiling.

Sunny proved to be busy. She have to prepare a dinner for her and her friend whose going to visit at any moment now. Then the doorbell rang!

Ding dong!

Sunny, dust off her hands after all the dinner is set. And averted her gaze at the door. Oh she's here already. She then decided to walk towards the door and open it.

"Hi!" Jessica greeted her friend with wide arms open ready to offer her hug to Sunny. Since her both hands have something being held, a paper bag of snacks on the left, and a bottle of wine on the right. Sunny got near instead. Then she pulled away immediately and lets Jessica in. 

"Come on in. Dinner's ready." She squealed.

"And I brought this." Jessica lifting the bottle of wine in her hand. Knowing that the younger got the talent to control her mood even when drunk.

"Oh, let's enjoy that after the dinner."

Hours have passed and the two enjoyed their fiesta of chitchatting and eating and drinking. Even there were only the two of them in the apartment, it was still like they are a big group of friends who renders loud and big laughs to each other.

Jessica was now totally drunk and she could not even manage to stand up. Her mind started to create imaginary stars, the place where she was, started to turn as if she was riding in the most dangerous ride in the Disney land.

"Hey, Sica, are you alright?" Sunny asked as she noticed that the taller brunette was beginning to laze her eyes. Obviously, Sunny knew that she was already drunk. "Ahaha! You're drunk already, I better put you to bed."

Sunny pulled Jessica's arm and put it in her shoulder, when Jessica's other arm swang to Sunny and making them hug each other. Then, she leaned her chin to  the shorter's shoulder, moved next to her ear. "Thunny, mmmm...hehehe." she said, shocked Sunny giggled when she heard Jessica giggled. "I want to... I want to be your....hehehehe..." Jessica then stops as the word sleep climbed up to her. Sunny then sighed when Jessica hadn't finished her sentence. 

The shorter brunette then placed the older to bed and seated beside her. She studied Jessica's features. Tracing her face with her finger. It is the the only time, that she had Jessica to be observed while sleeping. Her thoughts filled her mind with her love for the sleeping beauty. Because of it, she could not help but murmur a speech of love for her, "From the first time I saw you, I thought, you were the same like them. But I was wrong. You befriend me, and I became comfortable with you. Thank you. And for that, you don't know how much you mean to me. You're cold sometimes, but always warm. That made me like you. And to not just like you, but to Love you." 

Sunny sighed at the point that even she confesses, still, it makes no sense, because, her friend was asleep. She just chuckled silently at that act. "If you only knew Jessica, how much I love you." She continued.

Jessica was too cute to resist and that made Sunny kiss her on the forehead and whispered. "Goodnight."

...

Please pick up the phone. Sunny said to the air, while she repeatedly dials Jessica's number. She called the older many times now, and she never even planned to answer. She types a text message saying:

I am sorry. I regret it. And I admit that I don't have the right to get mad at you because of that guy. Sorry. ㅠㅠ

She keeps on looking at her phone to see if a message would come, but no reply from Jessica alerted her smartphone.

What have I done?! Sunny groaned to herself as she starts to regret what she did to Jessica.

....

"Donghae Oppa! Thanks for helping me with the project." Jessica uttered as leaned forward and kissed Donghae on the cheeks.

On the other hand, Sunny saw such a sweet act, her body stiffened and wasn't able to move. Jessica saw her with her wide eyes. "Sunny?" She said stunned at the younger's reaction.

Sunny went home to her apartment, locked the door and went upstairs to her room and locked herself inside. Crying. Heart broken. Since Jessica always comes and goes to Sunny's apartment, she even have a duplicate key to the apartment. And the younger forgot about that.
The door swung open. Jessica was panting. Surely, she never want to miss a second to not let her friend agonize over her act of sweetness. But she was wrong. She was too sweet.
The two met at Sunny's apartment and had a little argument. But that little argument turned into a heartbreaking cease of friendship.

"Please listen to me. Sunny, it is not what you think it is. He's a colleague. He just helped me."  Jessica explained.

"Get out! I don't want to see your face anymore!"

Sunny yelled at Jessica as she pointed her finger to the door of their room. 

"Sunny, let me explain, it is not what you think it is. He's just a friend." Jessica pleaded to the brunette, convincing her to listen to her story.

"I said, get out! I have already seen what I saw and that explains enough!" Sunny retorted making her tears fall. Her angriness didn't let the taller one explain her side.

Defeated by Sunny's pride, Jessica bowed her head, and started sniffling back tears. She held her chest as pain slowly crawled up to it. She slowly walked backwards and turned to face the door. Looking downward, Jessica opened the door, leaving her angry friend who didn't even followed her through her gaze.

...

Weeks have gone after their fight and still, Jessica hadn't made contact with Sunny. She maybe too, was heartbroken. Sunny now, stands alone. She never thought that life would be so hard not seeing Jessica by her side. She's so downcast. But despite her turmoil because of that fight, she found comfort in a bottle. It's a green bottle filled with white sweet yet pinching taste that every time she pours to her thirsty mouth consoles her from her agony.

...

One night, as Sunny was drinking her favorite soju, she walked to her balcony, looking to the street. And turned her head up to the night sky. Stars are shining. She hopes that a shooting star would pass by so that she can wish to make Jessica come back. But her stargazing moment was stopped when she heard a car engine stopped in front of her apartment, her eyes widened when someone familiar came out of the car. The younger then slowly moved backward so that she can't be seen by that someone. And an idea knocked her mind! She ran downstairs. 

And at the exact time the lady was closing the door the time that Sunny got down to the living room. The girl, slowly closing the door and when she turned around, she was jolted by the image that suddenly appeared in front of her.

"Jessica!" Sunny cried running to the taller one with her arms wide open. She then locked the Jessica with her strong arms making the older unable to move. The taller brunette struggled to get out from the younger's tight hug. "Jessica, I am so sorry. I don't have the right to get mad at you. I am sorry if I acted as if I own you. Please forgive me." The moment Jessica heard Sunny's words, she calmed down but still she stand firm. A weight suddenly increased when the shorter's body slump and her chin hung to Jessica's shoulder. She fell asleep because of tiredness and soju. Jessica struggled to walked and tried to push Sunny but still her arms are tightly locked around her body. The older then walked with sleeping Sunny still hugging her. She can't manage it anymore so they fell to ground and ended up Jessica being on top of Sunny.

"Aw!" She winced. "This Punk wouldn't really want to let me go!" She murmured behind her pissed face. The younger's hand finally slid loose from Jessica's body and that made her got up.

"Ah! You got me even some work to do huh?" She said to the sleeping girl on the floor. Jessica then pulled Sunny upstairs by her hands hooked to the shorter's armpits. It may look funny, but Jessica was getting pissed off by the person she pulls. She then ended with a sigh when Sunny's body was delivered now to her bed.

Jessica sat beside Sunny. She looked at her cute face. Her gaze started from the eyes, to the nose and to the lips. That she wished she had kissed, but don't have the courage to do. A memory once flashed back in her mind, she was the one dunked. When Sunny confessed to her while she was sleeping. Not sleeping actually. She heard all of the words the younger brunette told her. So, she shook her head. And went downstairs instead to boil a water. 

Hot water started to be poured to a small stainless basin mixed with alcohol and a cold water. She checks if the water's temperature is not too hot nor too cold. She brought it up upstairs and and placed it in the bedside table. She looked for a soft cloth inside Sunny's cabinet, and she found it. The cloth was dip into the lukewarm water and Jessica started to wipe it on Sunny's face. "Mmm." Sunny moaned. Jessica smiled on the shorter's reaction. The older wondered. What is she dreaming of? Or is it a moan of wanting to get out of the grief she's in right now? She's not a mind reader, but whatever it is, she still cares for Sunny. She came back for a purpose of returning for things that she left in the apartment. But she didn't expected that Sunny drowned in a grief that turned her into a drunkard. 

Jessica's hand now moved to Sunny's collar starting to it so she wipe her neck. When suddenly a hand took a grip on her wrist.
"Ya! Let.....go...." Jessica's free hand which holds the cloth suddenly let go of to push Sunny's hand. But before she can do that, the younger's other free hand hooked around Jessica's neck that pulled her closer to Sunny's face. Jessica was more shocked when her lips landed on Sunny's. She has now lost her strength to fight it. Instead, she just gave in to the sudden amazing move made by Sunny. 

"I Love you, Jetthi." She said while their lips are still in contact. The younger immediately rolled making Jessica be under her. Sunny pulled away and started to stare deeply on Jessica's eyes. The older also stares back deeply to the sad eyes looking at her. 

"I don't know, if it's the right way to bring you back. But I am desperate to. Please forgive me."

"You really caught me there by your good acting skills." Jessica smirked. 

"Apology accepted." She continued as she pulled Sunny's collar to let there lips meet once more.

 

And That's it for SunSica. Hope you liked it.

I think This Song Best suits the Two.

Kyeo Ul (Winter) - As Jessica because of her cold personality.

Haeundae (a beach in S. Korea "If I am not mistaken, it's in Busan") - As Sunny, represents her name Sunny.

 

 

 

 

*The Caharacters' name, and materials used in this Fanfic are not mine.