1/1

It Will Never Change (me & you)

 

It Will Never Change (me & you)

 

“No, you can’t do that.” Baekhyun spoke sternly, feeling as though he was speaking to a child instead of the boy he had just cuddled and made out with over an hour ago. He couldn’t believe they’re going through this again. It wasn’t the first time Sehun’s acting like such a child over such a small thing.

The taller but younger boy shook his head stubbornly, faking a look of disbelief that he threw at his boyfriend. “Why not? You go out with Chanyeol hyung all the time. Why can’t I do the same? Why can’t I bring Tao to that bulgogi stall we always go to?” Sehun scoffed, his lisp heavy from his attempt to sound ignorant and smug. He rolled his eyes at Baekhyun before focusing back onto his phone, fingers tapping the screen to show that he was already texting Tao.

Baekhyun lurched forward to grab the younger’s phone, failing when Sehun pulled his hand back and hid it behind him. Baekhyun huffed, “Because that’s our place, Oh Sehun. You’re not allowed to bring other people to our place. Zitao’s no exception!”

There’s an infuriating grin that played at Sehun’s lips, eyes turning crescents from his teasing smile. He pointed an accusing finger at Baekhyun, shaking it slightly. “Are you jealous of Zitao? Are you? Are you? You are jealous, aren’t you? Aww, you’re so adorable.”

Heat spread at Baekhyun’s cheeks from Sehun’s torments, feeling like a child caught with a hand in the cookie jar. The thing is, even though they’ve been seeing each other for a year (and have known each other for more than two), there is no way in the world either Baekhyun or Sehun would ever admit to being jealous. They’ve made some sort of agreement when they had first kissed – something along the lines of ‘we’re both idols and we have fans and we need to do fanservice with other people so I hope you understand and won’t get jealous or anything’ and something else like ‘yeah, of course. Why would I be jealous? It’s not like we’re official or in love or anything’.

Of course back then, Baekhyun had deemed it ridiculous for him to ever really be in love with Sehun, their maknae, of all people. Sehun’s a total brat and he cares more about his face than anyone else but Baekhyun had actually seen things no one else had noticed but he had. Like that one time when Sehun snuck into his room because he knew Baekhyun had caught a cold, came only to offer a night of cuddles even though he knew it would risk him catching it too. Or that other time when Baekhyun forgot to bring his jacket and Sehun had taken his off so Baekhyun could have it.

It was because Baekhyun noticed these little things that he began to develop genuine feelings for the maknae. Sehun denies it every time he was questioned by the rest of the members, rolling his eyes and always coming up with a snappy comeback. Sometimes his denial bothers Baekhyun too much but he himself was in his own denial and he refused to think of falling in love with Sehun. (It’s a bit late considering how adoringly he stares after Sehun these days and Jongdae may or may not have noticed it). The maknae frustrates him more times than he could breathe in a day.

Baekhyun wondered why they were even (unofficially) together to begin with.

It could have just turned out a one night stand kind of thing when they had kissed (was it Sehun who leaned in? Baekhyun isn’t sure), but instead of walking away they ended up coming to an agreement. Baekhyun realized just recently that maybe Sehun had liked him all along, thus why he had been the one who initiated the agreement. The realization gave him a rather odd but good feeling.


“No, I’m not!” He lied, hating how his voice cracked a little whenever he does. The annoyance that was building up his spine was slowly turning into anger and he wanted to smack Sehun with the nearest stool but that would cause some serious damage (also he would feel terribly guilty for hurting the boy he dreams of at night when he sleeps). So Baekhyun only rolled his eyes, pushing past Sehun to head out to the living room. He was sure he might go insane from dealing with his ‘boyfriend’.

The maknae followed him out, flopping next to him on the couch. For a second or two, Baekhyun wished there were other people in the dorm, but Chanyeol and Kyungsoo had gone off for dinner outside and the rest were out doing whatever they can in this very rare free time they were granted with. Originally, he had planned to go out with Sehun, maybe to that bulgogi stall he loved so much, but the maknae wanted to stay home (it’s always what Sehun wants, goddamn it). They had probably spent about five minutes cuddling in the room when the conversation got heated and Sehun’s blaming Baekhyun of spending too much time with Chanyeol and saying he can do the same with Zitao.

“Leave me alone, maknae.” Baekhyun muttered, taking the remote and turning on the TV. Initially he could always let Sehun’s threat pass; pretend as if him bringing Zitao to their place didn’t bother him and they would probably still be cuddling right now. But he couldn’t help the disturbing feeling he was getting in his chest at the thought of Sehun even going out with other people. He’s pretty much aware that this thing that he has, this heavy feeling or whatever is jealousy, but Baekhyun will not admit to such a thing. Sehun is only going to grin at him as if he’s won the lottery or something.

Despite his protest, Sehun circled an arm around Baekhyun’s shoulders and pulled the older so close Baekhyun had to adjust his head so it rests perfectly into the crook of Sehun’s neck. He sighed in content, biting back the smile that threatened to graze his lips. He could feel the slight anger slowly dissipating, replaced with the bubbly feeling that was constantly visiting him whenever Sehun holds him like this. Often he wonders how it would be possible for him to stop himself from falling.

They were quiet for the next ten minutes as they watched whatever that was on the TV – well, as Sehun watched the TV and he watched Sehun. He couldn’t help leaning back just a little so he could study Sehun’s features, smiling to himself as he noticed the moles he never saw before. There was one on the skin of Sehun’s neck and he found himself leaning in to place the softest of kisses on it. Sehun tensed and so did Baekhyun, but it went unnoticed and he grinned when he saw Sehun’s lips curling into a similar beam. Baekhyun took it as an invitation, sneaking a hand underneath Sehun’s shirt to splay out his fingers against the younger’s toned stomach, lips continuously pressing kisses onto Sehun’s neck.

For the next three hours or so, Sehun ended up lying across the couch, Baekhyun in the same position in his arms. He was grateful that the couch was big enough to fit the both of them and he was so close to falling asleep, chest pressed against Sehun’s and nosing the line of Sehun’s neck when the door opened and the rest of EXO members filed in (although ‘filed’ isn’t the proper word to use). He’s sure Sehun felt it when he tensed, but instinct had him closing his eyes shut and tightening his grip around Sehun’s waist. He knew Sehun wanted to jump apart from him when the rest of the members came in, not ready to be teased by the older hyungs, but Baekhyun wanted acknowledgement, to be showed off to, and he knew if he was asleep, Sehun wouldn’t push him away, and he didn’t.

So he stayed and pretended to be asleep, even when Jongdae started whistling at them and Chanyeol kept teasing Sehun about it. Baekhyun was glad, however, because Sehun didn’t so much make a sound of protest, only tightening his arms around Baekhyun, and they woke up when the sun rose.

 

Sehun is acting like a kid again.

Baekhyun sighed for about the nth time that night as he watched Sehun sulk in a corner, the younger boy acknowledging everyone else except Baekhyun. He realized he had “offended” Sehun when he accused the maknae of being jealous (note that Sehun was always the one saying Baekhyun got jealous). It started with Baekhyun’s ‘selca time’ with Chanyeol that afternoon, spending almost a half an hour just snapping pictures after pictures of themselves, of which only one or two was shared on Chanyeol’s instagram – the reason why Sehun’s sulking like a baby that he is.

Apparently, those pictures became most liked in less than a minute, followed by reposts after reposts by fangirls and shippers and non-shippers alike. Sehun, being as active as he is on the social networking site, found out about it and made a big show that he didn’t like Baekhyun taking too many selcas with someone that’s not him (Chanyeol laughed at this). Baekhyun was so close to tearing his hair off his scalp with the frustration of dealing with Sehun. It was always okay if it was Sehun and a big mistake if it was Baekhyun instead. There was a strong urge to strangle Sehun by the neck.

(Except if he tried he would only end up kissing that long, pale neck again)

Baekhyun will not have any of it this time, though. He’s pretty tired and it felt like he was babysitting instead of being in a relationship. So that night he cornered Sehun in his room while JoonMyeon was out in the living room, making the youngest sit down on his bed. “We need to talk.”

Sehun had looked up at him almost innocently, slight fear in his eyes as he bit down onto his lower lip, fingers fumbling with the hem of his shirt. Baekhyun almost couldn’t do it, but he knew he had to even if he didn’t want it. He sighed, hands on his hips like a mother ready to reprimand her child. He stood for about a minute or two, just staring at the silent Sehun, suddenly wordless.

“I think we need to break up.”

It was straightforward and maybe a little harsh and Baekhyun felt guilty when Sehun gasped.

He sighed again, “I don’t think there’s a point in our relationship. You don’t claim me as yours and you pretend as if it’s not jealousy that we’re both feeling whenever we do feel that way. It’s like I’m just another guy you get to kiss. You don’t even act like we’re close out there, which we are because if we aren’t close then how do you explain those marks on your neck and mine? How do you explain our crumpled bed sheet from a night’s worth of cuddling? How do you explain –”

“But hyung,” Sehun interrupted, his confession too soft and Baekhyun almost missed it. “I love you.”

What? “What?”

Pink colored Sehun’s cheeks like wildfire, eyes avoiding Baekhyun and fixated onto his fingers. He rolled his eyes in an attempt to look as if he was annoyed at being asked to repeat himself, but he said it again anyway. “I said I love you.”

“You’re kidding me, right?” Baekhyun snapped, suddenly angry for whatever reason he wasn’t sure. “Don’t with me, Oh Sehun. I ing hate you for messing with my feelings. off.”

Except he doesn’t hate Sehun (because the right word is ‘love’) but he left anyway.

 

They didn’t see each other for two weeks after that night – impossible since they are in the same group but it was as if the management knew Baekhyun needed time away, thus he was sent along with Jongdae and Chanyeol for a show they were going to guest-star in. He had lost his vibe ever since the break-up, Sehun’s voice saying the three words repeating in his head over and over again. He feels that it shouldn’t hurt this much, since they weren’t committed into the relationship but why does his heart weigh a ton? Sehun wouldn’t leave his mind either, be it in his wake or his dreams.

As soon as he returned to the dorm, he heard Sehun had acted differently. Kyungsoo said he ignored almost everyone, Zitao whined about Sehun not following him out when he shops anymore and YiXing sounded scared when he said Sehun refused his bubble tea treats. At all this, Baekhyun tried not to show any reaction, shrugging his shoulders as if he could care less. In truth he wanted to see for himself how Sehun is doing. He hadn’t seen the maknae when he reached the dorm and he found himself secretly waiting for Sehun to come home from his now ‘constant disappearance’.

When the front door opened and the tall maknae walked in, Baekhyun’s first reaction was to stare. He was halfway towards the couch and he took a second or two thanking whatever force there is that the rest of the members are either out or already asleep. There were about a thousand expressions that coursed through Sehun’s face in those five seconds that they stared at each other, but soon it settled one of gratefulness, lips spreading into a grin as he moved.

Baekhyun had no time to register what was happening until he was down on the floor, his back hitting the wooden flooring with a loud thud and hurting rather badly when he finally noticed Sehun on top of him. The maknae had tackled him down, and he wanted to hiss out a string of vulgar at the boy but was stopped when Sehun’s lips found his. His eyes were blown wide with shock, although it lasted for less than two seconds before he was kissing Sehun back, arms winding around Sehun’s neck to keep their lips close even after they parted for air. Their breaths mingled and Sehun was grinning as his gaze scanned Baekhyun’s face, causing a burning heat to spread at the older’s cheeks.

“I missed you so much,” Sehun started, leaning closer to press kisses all over Baekhyun’s face. “I was afraid I wasn’t going to see you again.”

Baekhyun couldn’t help but roll his eyes, speaking a little breathlessly. “That’s impossible, though, unless I file a lawsuit and leave the group. But hey, who allowed you to kiss me? We were over.”

A frown formed on Sehun’s forehead as he captured Baekhyun’s bottom lip with his and nibbled on it playfully, releasing it only to kiss Baekhyun again. “I can’t help it. I don’t want us to be over; I want us to start again. Please let us start again. I’m sorry I was such a .”

“You don’t get everything you want, though. And you were pretty y, you little brat.” Baekhyun teased, unable to stop himself from leaning up so their lips would meet again. And , his stomach is churning in that good way he was almost bubbling with happiness or something.

Sehun has yet to lose his annoying habit of rolling his eyes, though he smiled. “But it’s not just what I want, though. I know you want it, too. We can make us work again and I promise I won’t be a about everything. I promise, promise, promise.” He said, punctuating every word with a kiss, to which Baekhyun attempted to return but ended up chuckling to himself.

When Sehun moved to get off Baekhyun, there’s a tiny whine that left his lips at the loss of warmth, but he lets Sehun pull him up to his feet. He took a deep breath, the whole thing having taken his breath away. “Why do you want us to work?”

Sehun’s answer was immediate, as if he had already thought it through many times before this, and it made Baekhyun smile. “Because I love you. Because my hands have forgotten what they did before they held yours. It seems like they didn’t even exist till the moment I got to kiss you.”

“Yah!” Baekhyun reached out and smacked Sehun lightly on his chest, cheeks burning from Sehun’s words and Sehun’s gaze. “When did you get so cheesy, Oh Sehun? Where’s the bratty one I was dating? Did you murder him or something?”

The maknae laughed, circling his arms around Baekhyun’s waist in order to pull the older male closer to him, lips meeting lips once again in continuous and lingering pecks. Sehun was the one who stopped for a second, sounding slightly mature now with his words. “I want you to know that I was jealous for all the times that you spent with Yeol hyung. I wanted to break his arm when he had them around your shoulders but that would be too much. But I’m just saying…”

It was Baekhyun’s turn to laugh, shaking his head. “And I was jealous of how close you and Tao are. I don’t like seeing you two together.”

“But we’re very close, pup.”

Baekhyun ignores the nickname for now, “But Chanyeol and I are very close too, pabo.”

Sehun rolled his eyes, planting a harsh peck onto Baekhyun’s lips to show that he was frustrated with Baekhyun’s reply, causing the older to chuckle again. Sehun’s arms around him tightened, and he ended up wrapping his arms around Sehun’s neck, pulling the boy down for another kiss. “Byun Baekhyun,” Sehun panted against his lips when they pulled away again, “I am so in love with you.”

 

Later that night, Sehun snuck Baekhyun out of the dorm through a little climb up the stairs to the rooftop of the building. Baekhyun’s a little afraid of height but Sehun kept his arms around him as they watched the stars twinkle and tried counting them. They laughed and they kissed and they continued counting the twinkling stars in the night sky and Baekhyun thinks it’s perfect.

But something felt missing as he lays next to Sehun, gaze studying Sehun’s features and lips unable to part from the soft of Sehun’s skin. He had his fingers splayed out on Sehun’s toned stomach underneath his t-shirt, breathing in Sehun’s scent as the boy continued rambling on and on about how his mother used to tell him stories about the stars. He sounded almost drunk despite the absence of alcohol, speaking with lesser and lesser sense as he began to include how Baekhyun is like his very own star, one that he would cherish forever and hold in my arms and love with all that I have. (Baekhyun made a mental note to get used to this version of Sehun, although he was glad that now Sehun no longer hides his feelings.)

He realized that the missing part of their beautiful new beginning was that he hadn’t said it. He blushes every time he hears Sehun say it to him, yet he hadn’t muttered those words and he knew Sehun wanted to hear them too. So as Sehun continued to ramble about the stars and his comparison of them and the male in his arms, Baekhyun shuts him up with a kiss, whispering against those soft lips that fit his so perfectly. “I love you, too.”

Sehun’s grin was priceless. 

 

A/N: I just realized the title doesn't have anything to do with the story. GDI. Anyway. I hope it's fluffy enough for you, DM. <3