Final

Christmas Morning

 

 

Two days before the most anticipated holiday of the year, North Pole is getting more bustled and bustled. Everyone's trying to make this year's Christmas Rush as smooth as possible. Santa Haraboji was teemed with thousands of motley letters kids from around the world sent him, sorting those written wishes of nice kiddos out from naughty ones in two separate unexpectedly grand boxes.

 

Mrs. Claus who's just as plump as his hubby was busy making cookies and hot chocolate enough for hundreds of working elves. She soon demanded for a break for everyone and served them her specialties telling them to relax even for a while. The elves were working ceaselessly for straight ten hours now, but nobody from them seemed to be worn out. Maybe because of their love on doing their jobs. Nonetheless, Mrs. Claus's not convinced herself, she averred every single elf to sit down by some big rectangular tables and have a taste of her never-ending holiday treats they deserve, including Santa Haraboji.

 

Thud.

 

Thud.

 

Everyone was startled from the sudden clamorous bangs, they deemed were from the main factory. Santa Haraboji fast-tracked to where the sounds arouse only to see a green-clad elf plopped down on the hard floor, face first. Mrs. Claus who trailed him with the other elves squealed at the sight.

 

"Oh my dear Taeminnie, what happened to you?" Santa's wife asked worriedly as she trekked to the said elf's spot. She lifted him up, placing his tiny body on her arms.

 

"I- I'm so sorry, Mrs. Claus, I was just trying to turn the machine on so our work keeps up while everyone's taking a break. I- I just wanted to help but I ended up annihilating stuff for the nth time," Taemin uttered, tears trying to escape from his puny eyes as he glanced to Santa, whom in return gave him a weak smile. "I'm sorry Haraboji."

 

 

Taemin's the smallest and the youngest among Santa's sidekicks, the diminutive elf who almost ruined the whole Christmas spirit since the very first day they started manufacturing toys, for every move he make, it causes knots. Taemin had made useless and kaput toys. He had busted the enormous toy-making machine disrupting the whole operation for three consecutive days. They were just reclaiming and starting anew and it happened again. Thank you very much Elf Taemin.

 

He tried insisting to just do reindeer stable duties-- including mucking out their stalls. Maybe he could do better there. But Haraboji fettered fearing he'd injure the christmas caribous for worse.

 

 

 

"Hey, Elf Taemin!"

 

Taemin's slothfully plowing the soft, white pieces of frozen snow, creating a path along the workshop's vast door when he heard someone or rather something calling him. He stared for seconds at the talking reindeer, standing a bit far-off from him. The little elf's eyes trailed the bovid as it comes closer to him, only depicting that the reindeer doubles his height with those antlers. Not that he's ashamed of his height, but the reindeer is ludicrously towering him.

 

"Hey! Taemin!"he repeated.

 

The elf frowned at the sight, not just because he never deemed that reindeers could talk and enthrall to some conversation, but also because the said creature is somewhat-- has semblance with something else. He looks like a -- frog. A chucklesome crossbreed of a toad and a caribou.

 

Taemin wanted to laugh at the eerie countenance of the reindeer but he knows better and chose to shut off.

 

"Hi. I'm Minho,"the reindeer-who-looks-like-a-frog acquainted, "I'm one of the old man's sleigh-pulling reindeers."

 

Taemin didn't understand how reindeers could smile or simply if they could smile, but he surely saw him did, plus those big brown orbs of him glowed, complementing his fuzzy brawn. "But I've never heard of Santa's having a reindeer named Mi-Minho? I know Mr. Dasher, Mr. Blixen or Mr. Rudolph, but I've never heard of you... Anyway, I'm Taemin, the youngest elf here."

 

"Don't worry, I've never heard of you as his elf, too," the frogdeer spat slightly offended, "well, just yesterday." Taemin sat at the nigh wooden bench, a little baffled and Minho tramped him. "I've witnessed the whole scene yesterday inside the factory. You've delayed the system again. Tss," he continued, shaking his head.

 

"I didn't mean to,"the elf said dolefully, hand unconsciously caressing his right pointed ear. He really just wanted to be a part of this season that makes all the kids out there happy after receiving holiday-packages from Santa. He didn't mind if he'd earn brunt of those demanding kids, stray kicks to the shins or sticky candy canes hands in his hair. Their smiles are worthy of. "Is Santa Haraboji mad at me?"

 

"Of course not. He'll never be. No matter how much of a walking-disaster you are.~ He's the best dude ever!"he crowed.

 

Taemin winced just when he saw another reindeer beside Minho. He was too busy being so crestfallen that he didn't even notice it. How long has been he staying there, staring holes at him? The elf stared back, and really, this time he badly wanted to laugh. So he did. Minho was abashed and the other reindeer has despised look on his face.

 

"I'm sorry,"the elf said after successfully desisting from his laughter. Albeit, still giggling for he can't help it, because right after his eyes were a reindeer-looking-frog and a reindeer-looking-dinosaur.

 

"Um... Hi. I'm Jonghyun, Minho's cousin,"the dinosaur or reindeer introduced cagily. He's inches smaller than Minho and has an antic whopping nose which resembles with a dinosaur's but his eyes is somewhat identical to a puppy's. Another reindeer Taemin had never heard of.

 

The elf smiled, realizing the dinodeer's quite cute. "Nice to meet you. I'm Taemin."

 

The three mirthfully talked about how they love this season, being the most impeccable event of the year.

 

Taemin being a novice elf was really anxious charting his experiences since his first day at the workshop. The pioneer elves gave him a warm welcome, despite the inclement weather, specially the Clauses. Those green-red clad and pointy hat they made him wear that matches with his pointed ears. The catastrophe he made on his fifth day was a total hitch and those mountain of conked out toys he made, (the old man even referred him as an elf with magic-hands) but none from them got fumed. Everyone there was nimble and amiable. He told the reindeers how Mrs. Claus told him about his income that's just enough to support himself up in the Arctic, but insufficient to retire on. Unless he didn't care about the moola, he loves his job and that matters the most. How he's cute face shines while taking a bite of Mrs. Claus' delish cookies when he heard a free travel for them after Christmas, all-expenses-paid! He already planned where to go, maybe to some tropical country, and what to do.

 

The reindeers, in return, told him with pride how awesome it'd be to fly and help Santa to deliver those presents in a lightning-speed. They even shared him their secret on doing so, as Taemin promised them to keep it.

 

"Onew-hyuuuuuung!"

 

The three turned to the direction of the voice, seeing a modish elf (though he's in his uniform, he looks swankier) half-hollering at the elf-supervisor making snow-angel. They cackled when they saw him holding a chicken leg. A chicken-maniac indeed.

 

"Hyung, Santa convoked for a final call. We have to whisk. It's Christmas Eve, and we have to make this wondrous!"Onew hurried up and took a final seize on his lovely chicken.

 

"You three!" Key gazed at them, "hurry-scurry and do your tasks!"

 

Taemin nodded and sent goodbyes to the reindeers as he trudged the posh elf and the supervisor.

 

"Merry Christmas, Taemin," he grinned hearing the reindeers bellowed as they paced to the sleigh.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Merry Christmas,Maknae!!"his hyungs touted in unison as they entered Taemin and Minho's shared room.

 

"C'mon! It's Christmas, get your bum out of your bed! This day calls for a celebration!" Minho cheered only receiving a hoarse grumble from Taemin.

 

Jonghyun and Onew held the maknae's both wrists coercing him to sit up, whilst murmuring something about he's still dozy and whatnot but the hyungs still palmed over him.

 

"I had the weirdest Christmas dream ever hyung,"the maknaedawdlingly confessed, shifting from his bed and hands running through his bed-hair. "You'd never imagine that."

 

"Let me guess," Key chuckled, checking himself at the lofty bedside-mirror. "Hmm... We are part of North Pole elites, and you're one of Santa's elves who almost ruined his factory with your magic-hands?" Taemin scowled at the accuracy of his hyung's daresay. "Um- Onew-hyung is the archon of the elves who sure is a chicken-maniac."Onew was not sure how to react but he grinned with the picture of the delicious fried chicken in his mind. "Minho and Jonghyun-hyung are weird-looking reindeers..." The mentioned guys wanted to protest but knowing Key, they'd just be ignored. They did nothing but made faces. Key turned around, facing the other four who were sitting sluggishly on Taemin's bed. "And of course... I'm the ritziest elf in North Pole! Isn't it?"

 

They all guffawed at their bragging bandmate, and soon Key joined them imposing his signature hilarious laughter that made them laugh even more.

 

Taemin clutches at his tummy trying to curb his impeding stomach cramps from laughing so hard. "You're highly improbable hyung."

 

 

"Best Christmas morning so far."

 

 

~```~

 

Thank you for reading! Please do comment. hihi~ :))