Arrival

Defiance
 

arrival

chapter ost: Forever Young - GOT7

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" this," Bam muttered to himself in Thai as he watched people either board or leave planes to whatever destination they had in mind, smiles on all of their faces. Twisting and untwisting his plane ticket repeatedly, Bam kept glancing around for anyone who could be looking for him.

 

Scoffing lightly, he whispered, "What people would be late to picking up the new addition to their family?" He shook his head, silently telling himself not to shed a tear. He'd just have to find a phone that could make international calls, so his social worker could take him back to Thailand before he got stuck in Korea.

 

However, Bam couldn't bring himself to stand up and ask around for a phone. He could speak well enough Korean to do so, but he didn't want to. Though he did everything he could not to get his hopes up, when his social worker told him that she'd found him an actual family to adopt him instead of just taking him in for a while, he'd becomed relieved and even a bit happy. But now he knew that he was being stupid for believing in this new family from Korea. They'd obviously changed their minds since they were nowhere to be found.

 

After a few moments, Bam finally has the courage to stand up. He blinks a few times as he looks around, trying his best to keep the tears from falling. "Be a man, Bam," he whispered to himself repeatedly until he noticed a guy about his height, staring at him from only a few meters away. Despite Bam's slight scowl in the guy's direction, the other merely gave a cute smile as he waved Bam over. 

 

Bam looks on in confusion as the guy looks down at his phone before looking up at him again, smiling even wider this time. Before Bam could react, the guy walked up to him and hugged him close. "I found you!" The guy sighed in relief. 

 

Turning a light red, Bam pushed the unknown intruder away from him. "I've seen Korean movies where Korean men touch and grab inappropriately, but I didn't think it would happen to me as soon as I got off the plane!" Bam huffed in nearly fluent Korean, causing the other to stare in shock.

 

"You can already speak Korean so well!" He exclaimed, clapping happily. Then he must have realized what Bam accused him of, and he laughed, shaking his head quickly. "I'm not a molester. I promise. I'm your new brother!"

 

Was it just Bam's imagination or did his heart just skip a beat? "W-What?"

 

At his new brother's look of confusion, the guy simple gave a sweet smile. "We were waiting when you walked off the plane, but the picture that we were sent must have been from a while ago because you look much more mature in person." Holding up his cell phone, he showed Bam the picture he'd taken not long ago: he still had his baby fat in his cheeks, a bit shorter, and with strips of pinkish-blonde in his hair. His was thinner, taller, and his hair was pitch black now. 

 

"You didn't change your mind about adopting me?" Bam asked cautiously, not wanting to form any bonds if he was just going to be given away once again.

 

Raising a brow, the guy looked at Bam in confusion. "Why would we? I'm Park Jinyoung by the way." Taking Bam's hand, he led the younger male to where he'd left his parents. "My parents are gonna be so thrilled I found you! We were worried that you'd gotten lost or something. How do you pronounce your name, by the way? Is it Koon-pee-mook or Kuhn-pee-mook? Or do you–"

 

"Just call me Bam," he answered, cutting Jinyoung's rambling off as he follwed the older male. "That's what everyone calls me."

 

"Bam? I love it! Everyone calls me JR since I've the same name as my father. But you can call me hyung! You know what that means, ne?"

 

Before Bam could even answer, Jinyoung called out for his parents to join them near the front entrance of the airport. "Umma, Appa, this is Bam. That's what he likes to go by."

 

As Bam looked Jinyoung's parents over, he immediately noticed how beautiful his mother was. If Bam had a mother, he'd definitely want her smile to be as bright as Jinyoung's. Technically, she was his mother now, but Bam wouldn't let himself believe that it will last. His eyes traveled to Jinyoung's father, smile just as handsome as Jinyoung's. No wonder Jinyoung was so handsome. His parents were absolutely beautiful, and they both looked so sweet. Still...Bam couldn't let himself believe it was real.

 

"A-Annyeong," he muttered, looking down and rubbing his arm in slight embarrassment. 

 

Jinyoung's father's smile widened and he replied, "Hello, Bam. My name is Jinyoung, and my wife is Yoosung. But, we'd love it if you called us 'appa' and 'umma', as Jinyoung does. In your own time, of course."

 

While Jinyoung, the father, put his hand on Bam's shoulder lovingly, Yoosung leaned forward and took Bam into her arms carefully. "I'm sorry, but this family loves to hug. And if you ever need someone to hug, I'll be there, okay?" Her words were soft, careful almost as if she didn't want to break Bam.

 

His weak smile almost showed the tears forming in his eyes at their kindness, but he did his best to swallow them back, as well as the lump in his throat. "Th-Thank you. Really, thank you."

 

Jinyoung took Bam's light bag in one hand, slinging onto his back before taking Bam's hand and leading him to the car. "Don't worry about clothes or anything, Bam Baby," Jinyoung told him, already nicknaming the younger lovingly as he walked close to him. "Umma filled your whole closet with clothes, even your school uniform. We are going to the same school, but I'm a second year and you're a first year."

 

Through the car ride, both Jinyoungs and Yoosung pointed out different places and things to Bam because they knew it was his first time in Korea. Though he tried not to look so stunned, he was happy to be in Korea. He'd been dreaming of running away from Thailand to the country for years, which is why he worked his off to learn the language. He knew the families that adopted in Korea were more likely to keep him than the families in Thailand would be. The proof was in the eleven families in Thailand that had taken him in and sent him back when they were bored with him.

 

When they arrived to the house, Jinyoung and Yoosung announce that they have to head back to work, but they give Jinyoung and Bam both a loving hug and money. "Take Bam out and show him around after showing him the house," Yoosung suggested before they left.

 

Jinyoung took Bam around the house so he would be familiar with everything. "We will usually have the house to ourselves since our parents work a lot. However, they've never missed a dinner. So, we'll see them every night before they go back to work."

 

Jinyoung hadn't put any emphasis on it, but Bam had heard him say 'our parents' quite easily, surprised since usually his foster siblings only called their parents 'my parents' or 'your foster parents'.

 

"Have you ever had your own room before?" The older male asked with a small smile, sitting down on the bed that now belonged to Bam.

 

Shaking his head, Bam looked around the seemingly large room. It was a standard-sized room, but seeing only one bed in it that belonged only to him puzzled him. "I haven't. This room seems...really big for some reason."

 

"Well, you can switch it up in any way that you want to make it more comfortable for you. And...if it's still uncomfortable, you can always come and sleep with me. I know you're used to sleeping beside others, right?"

 

Bam didn't want to insult Jinyoung by turning him down, but he didn't want the male to think that he was already relying on the family. Because he wasn't. He couldn't. He probably wouldn't even be there long. They'd end up sending him back to Thailand eventually. "I...can sleep on my own, Jin– I mean, Hyung. But thanks," he said quietly, refraining himself from sighing aloud.

 

"I know you keep trying to pull back." Bam turned to face Jinyoung, who was looking at him with sad eyes. "I don't know how many families have let you down, but this isn't the case here. We want you to be part of our family. Our family. We aren't just your foster family, Bam. We're your family. Or we will be when you let us in."

 


 

After a dinner of looking at his three new family members in admiration, Bam went up to his new room to change into his new pajamas. It was almost overwhelming how well everything was going. He hadn't been yelled at, insulted, or abused in any way yet. Don't be so confident. It's only the first day, he thought to himself.

 

As he tossed and turned in his new bed that night, Bam flung the blankets off of him. They felt too comfortable, too soft. He quickly took the new pajamas off and tossed them to the ground as well, much more comfortable in sleeping in his boxers than material that felt so...good.

 

Bam crawled to the edge of his bed and pulled the ratty old blanket that he'd had since he was a baby out, letting the rough feel of the blanket comfort him. Slipping out of the bed, he left his room as quietly as he could and went into the room next to his– Jinyoung's room.

 

As he closed the door silently, he made sure that Jinyoung was still sleeping. Keeping his worn blanket around him, he crawled under the blankets next to Jinyoung, curling up next to him, his face hidden in the older male's chest.

 

Though Jinyoung had looked to be asleep when Bam snuck in, the male wrapped his arms around the younger protectively. "Are you okay?" he asked sleepily.

 

"Yes," Bam whispered back, closing his eyes and hoping Jinyoung wouldn't kick him out or take advantage of him.

 

Instead, the elder merely kissed Bam's forehead and closed his own eyes again. "Good night, Kunpimook," he muttered sleepily, mispronouncing Bam's full name and causing the younger to chuckle lightly before he fell asleep himself.

 

cettenana's note

This story is seriously killing me, in a good way. While I outline it, I just wanna write it.

Well, I hope you guys like it! :) Comment your thoughts below!