Chapter 7

Flight of the Phoenix

Celestia's POV:

 

    When he kissed me I wasn't expecting how good he would be at it. He deepened the kiss after a little bit and when his tongue brushed across the seam of my lips asking for entrance I opened my mouth. As our tongues tangled together I could feel the mating mark starting to appear on my face. Some are different depending on the species. Some peoples appearance also change to accommodate their clan also.

 

    The mark on the face for the Phoenix is depicted as a vine climbing up the side of the face from under the cheekbone and goes to curve just under the eyebrow and curve around the eye. Then it would start to twist in and around itself and go up into a flame near the temple. It is usually on the right side of the face and the colors at red as the has for the flame and black for the vine. There would be blue and orange tints to the flame to cast an ethereal look to it. That wasn't the only change I could detect though. My hair was changing also.

 

    My bangs were lengthening to cover my mark and my hair was growing longer. Once it had stopped I could feel his hands starting to fist in my hair. Once everything was done we broke apart and I noticed that my hair had changed color to a deep crimson red hair color from my natural black. My bangs had grown to actually cover the right side of my face.

 

    "I noticed the hair and mark but your eyes also changed. They were blue before but now they're a vibrant blue with gold in them. It is very pretty. So I guess that this means we are mates."

 

    "Yes. And now I am very curious as to what is going to happen to us no that they know we are mates. More specifically the Phoenix clan mates. Another thing. My brother can never know about my markings. I am not sure how he will take it."

 

    "Okay. I won't say. But I do have a question. Are you ever gonna tell him?"

 

    I was getting ready to tell him when we heard screams from outside of the room. V moved in behind me so that should people see my back they wouldn't get a clear view because of him. I prepared myself for a fight when the door opened but I was surprised to find my brother there on the other side.

 

    "Hey, everyone! I found them!" He turned back towards us and handed me my jacket. I put it on and waited for the others to get there.

 

    "I wanna know something. What exactly took you guys so long to get here?" I asked.

 

    "We were held up by something."

 

    "What exactly do you mean?" I asked when he didn't elaborate.

 

    "Some people were caught up in traps laid about the place when we were trying to get in. We had to get them out without causing commotion, so we had to go with a slow pace. That is what took forever."

 

    "Okay. That explains that. Did you find my weapons that they took?"

 

    "They're looking for them now. Apparently they expected this situation so they hid your weapons."

 

    I turned to V because he might have seen where they had put my weapons when they stripped me of them. "Did you see where they put them?"

 

    "I saw the room but don't know where. Is that of any help?"

 

    "It's better than nothing. Why don't you show us the way then."

 

    He nodded and led us out of the room. Everyone met us out in the hall and stared at me for a while before I just shrugged and kept walking. I knew why they were staring at me, I just didn't care. He showed us to a side room off of the area where we were tied up at. Hr opened the door for us to see a storage room filled with boxes.

 

    "Great. Just what we needed. Boxes. Everyone better help or we won't get anything done here."

 

    I walked away to check the box closest to me and opened it up. I saw a bunch of chains and ropes plus bottles of chloroform. I moved away because I had an image in my head for what it is for. I moved over to the next box and found various bottles of alcohol.  I moved over to check another when my foot rammed into something and made it skid a few feet. I walked over and knelt by it. I opened the wooden box to find all of my weapons and pictures of me training myself the Phoenix techniques. I quickly disposed of those under all of the boxes and stood up with my weapons.

 

    "We're done here. How 'bout we go to village so we can all rest. It is actually quite close I believe."

 

    "It's located somewhere in Brown county which is two counties away. It is farther than what we think," said Xavier

 

    "Just so you know everyone, I'm not very good with directions. Now let's get going."

 

    "If we move fast we can be there in about a week at the most."