final

Flashback

 

 

 

Going on to twitter, became one of daily routines for Jonghyun ever since he first started to use that social networking site. It's fun, Jonghyun would say when someone asked him. Whether it's for updating with what's happening on that day or just scrolling through his timeline, not to mention the amount of loves Jonghyun gets everyday from his fans around the world. Okay, maybe he doesn't understand half of the tweets he gets every time but seriously, at least he understands what "love" means and seeing how much the word appears on those tweets, brighten up his days.

On other times, twitter also the source of him finding out what's happening on the SHINee world (after all, he's a SHINee World himself). Just like today, when the tweets he got mostly contain #SHINee1styeardaesang in them he knows it all too well what they had meant by that. It makes him shiver down to his spine, reminiscing how he felt back when he held the trophy in his hand.

     *****

Lately, he's been addicted to instagram. Posting pictures and short videos with captions that he hopes it'd brighten people's day. And from the comments he's getting, he is pretty sure he did it well. It is nice to see their fans around the world would always shower them with lots of love.

There's also times when their fans would remind him of something special on a certain day.

Just like today, while he's scrolling through his comments and finds out, a year ago today was the day they got their first ever daesang. Unbeknownst, tear comes streaming down to his face. Sighing, he wipes it hastily before getting out of his room.

If Kibum is going to cry, he's not going to cry alone.

   *****

Jinki rarely goes on twitter, it's because he thinks, his phone is another device to play games. So instead of socializing with everyone on his social networking site with his phone, he plays game.

Today is one of those days he feels like going on twitter. Thinking of tweet some mysterious but somehow encouraging tweet (encouraging to twisting the reader's mind to solve the puns he puts on the words, of course). But when he notice he got exceptionally more tweets today, he becomes curious. SHINee doesn't perform Sherlock for nothing, he thinks while he's trying to find out what is happening.

Then, he sees those pictures of the five of them hugging and crying and clinging to each other then he realizes, the fans are commemorating their first daesang last year.

The leader then puts his phone, then burying his face on the pillow. He thinks this is the best way to stop him from crying (but he ends up breathless then he decides to just wash his face and join the commotion on their living room)


 *****

Minho and Taemin are the clueless ones. They never bother to sign up on any social networking site at all. Even though their fans would come to the two youngest of the group asking (and almost begging) them to just pleaaase oppa, sign up on twitter.
 

Jonghyun walks hastily and flops down to the already cramped -by -two couch, earning protest grunts from the two. Minho glares at him, "what is wrong with you?"

"hmm? Nothing" jonghyun answers, bringing his legs up to the couch and buries his face on his knees.

Taemin watches the lead singer amusingly, "are you crying, hyung?" in which Jonghyun instantly denies. "no you are crying. Why? What happened hyung? They finally fired you from blue night? I knew it, you should've-"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY FIRED ME? MY BLUE NIGHT FAMILY, THEY LOVE ME OKAY SO NO I AM NOT FIRED AND I AM CERTAINLY NOT CRYING" Jonghyun barks, getting up from the couch and glaring at the two youngest.

That smirk, that sly smirk on Minho's face which makes Jonghyun furrows his eyebrows "yes you are crying hyung" the tallest of the group stands up in front of Jonghyun and spreads his arms. Pouting, he buries his face to the younger's chest anyway "it's okay, hyung. If you're fired we'll always love you."

Jonghyun wants to protest but gives in, it's hard to argue when you're in the state where you just want to cave in as the memories hit you hard in the ko- I mean heart. Yeah, heart.

"I can't believe they fired you though, there's nothing wrong with-"

"you shut up okay! I maybe the president of your fanclub but I'm still your hyung" jonghyun warns Taemin which Taemin smiled in return.

"where is Kibum and Jinki hyung by the way?" Minho asks.

The sound of door opened and closed could be heard then the slim figure appears. Hair still damp from the shower, but the swollen eyes couldn't be hidden. There's already three people on the couch, but Kibum flops down anyway, ignoring the shoves and the grunts from his bandmate.

"guys you won't believe what day is today" Kibum says, his eyes look lost in thoughts.

"hyung, are you drunk?" Taemin places one of his hand on Kibum's forehead and the other on his forehead "you usually get really sick the morning after you got drunk" Taemin reasons. Kibum shots him a glare.

"It's exactly the first day since we got the awards you guys…" Jinki joins them on the couch, shoving Minho in process.

Taemin, being (as usual) the clueless one "what award?" Minho rolls his eyes which, weirdly rings a bell to the maknae "oh- ah that award. Oh okay, then what?"

"what do you mean "then what?"" if gazes can kill a person, Taemin would be sliced and chomped and thrown into a pacific ocean "of course it matters. It was our first ever grand award in case you hit your head somewhere and make you forget of the day we cried so hard in front of the whole world"

The Key umma is long gone, Taemin thinks. Getting up from the cramped couch, the maknae stands up in front of the emotional elder. He watches them thoroughly. Jinki has this same exact blank expression he had while the other said their winning speech. Kibum leans on Jonghyun, there's no tear on their face, even though Taemin finds it funny how the two have the same expression; the faces they make when they are lost in thoughts, he keeps him inside. Not wanting to anger the already so emotional hyung. And Minho, the ever steadfast one also seems like lost in thoughts. His eyes glossy, Taemin worries whether it's because he is so close to crying or because he hasn't blink for almost a minute.

That's when Taemin realizes, the award really has some sort of power for the group.

Vaguely, he recalls everything that had happened on that day. They had their goodbye stage for everybody promotion on Mcountdown that day, he could remember they had to sing two songs that time; One Minute Back and Everybody. To say they were tired would be an understatement, they were drained and exhausted and they just want to go home quickly and probably have party of their own a little. A celebration of finishing another successful promotion.

But wishful thinking would be a wishful thinking. After finished the recording for both of the songs, they had to go to the saloon and fixed into another high class clothes for Melon Music Awards red carpet. They were nominated for several nominations. The thought of bringing home some of the awards was probably the one of few reasons they had in mind with smiling faces even though their bones were aching. They didn’t dare to dream about taking home the artist of the year award, albeit people were literally putting their money for SHINee's winning.

When they accepted the awards for top 10 artists, they pretty content with it. Thanking their fans for stick with them through thick and thin, and thanking their parents and possibly everyone they could remember. As they thought it was probably the last award they were going to brought home that night.

Beside attending the shows as the nominee, they were also performed. As usual, they had given the audience 100% hearts and soul performance, bringing joy to everyone who watched them.

Okay, they did hope to win the daesang; it'd be lying if they said they didn’t hope even the slightest bit. But they didn’t put their hope too high, they know how it feels to be crushed down. And no, they didn’t have any plan to feel that again.

"And the artist of the year goes to..SHINee!"

And that was the last thing Jinki heard before everything went blur. He only stood silently while the other cheered and hugged, it wasn't until someone had pulled him into a hug that he realized, THEY WON!

Taemin remembers them all now, he also cried that night. They all cried. It was one of his favorite moments in life. It was beautiful and precious.

"Taemin?"

He doesn’t aware that he's been lost in his own thought until Minho's deep voice luring him into a real world again "Yes hyung?"

"nothing" minho retorts cheekily, oh how he just wants to pinch those high bridged nose of Minho and tells him to stop teasing him.

"hyungs" Taemin calls, and the whole band look at him. Their confused gazes, Taemin knows it from the back of his head. "I get it, you are being emotional because of what happened a year ago today, I do remember them all. But don't you think instead of sitting around the living room, staring at nothing while your thoughts are wondering to places where we were a year ago, we could do someth-"

"we're on day off Taemin, I'm not going anywhere" Jinki cuts in, Jonghyun, Kibum and Minho nodding in agreement.

"well, okay then whatever." Taemin shrugs, "or, we could do our fighting right now and move on and probably get something to eat" he suggests

"I like that" Jonghyun agrees, already on his feet and arm stretches in the middle. Taemin joins him immediately "guys?"

Jinki and Minho join them as well, bright smile plastered on each faces. "Kibum?" Jonghyun calls the only guy still sitting on the couch, watching them in slightly amuse and slightly disgusted "want to join?"

Reluctantly, he stands up, putting his hand above the others hand "why am I in this group of weird people anyway?" but anyone could see he is smiling all along, even his dimple is showing.

"leader?" Minho signs to the leader to lead their usual cheers.

"hmm" the leader clears his throat before saying his short speech "That award is probably one of the best thing that has ever happened to our group and I couldn't be thankful enough for it. And I also want to say, I am so proud of each and everyone of you guys. Jonghyun I hope you would stop being such a cry baby, and please don't cry on our tokyo dome performance.."

"can't promised it" Jonghyun shakes his head.

Jinki sighs but continues "and to the other, for everything we've done and every hard work we've been putting on every single thing we've done, I am so proud of you guys. And I love you guys so much, you are the best in that has ever happened in my life. Okay okay I'm done before any of you would cry again one..two..three"

"we are coming! We are coming! Ultra SHINee Transformation!!!"

("uhm but hyung I really think we should change our cheers" "I know right! It's so tacky!"  "others have cool cheers while us.." "do they win daesang with their cool cheers? No? I guess so" "but what should we change it?" "I don't know you're the one who came up with it" "let me sleep on it then" "so you don’t want to eat?" "ugh hyung I don't mean literally!" "I'm hungry" "me too. Kibum hyung why don't you cook for us?" "go starve yourself. I'm going to post another selca today")

 



 

exactly 2015 words for the sake of another daesang on 2015 yay!!! anyway its really rushed. too many gramatical errors and typos. 

 

and to my sweet sweeet ot5, I am so proud of you!