Chapter 1

Winter Formal

“Don’t forget our first winter formal lands on December 6! This is the time for the ladies to ask the gentlemen!" I heard the MC say over the loudspeaker as the bell rung for lunch. I wasn’t planning on going, winter formals were those times when all the couples would get together and be...couples with each other, making all the single people feel lonely. Kinda like me. Dresses weren’t my forte anyway.

 

I walked out of class and headed to the cafeteria to grab my lunch. “Are you getting lunch for Jungkook too?” The lunch lady asked me. I nodded and took his tray of food and didn’t forget to thank her. This is what I found so great about a friendship like ours. Jungkook and I switched off every day on who would get who’s lunch, and today was my day. I walked over to our usual table and Jungkook was sitting there on his phone.

“Hey,” I said then placed his tray in front of him.

“Well you were quick today.” He replied as I sat next to him.

“Who are you texting?” I asked.

“You know how they announced the winter formal last week? Now that everyone’s been reminded my phone blew up with a bunch of text from these random girls. I have no idea how they even got my number.” He threw his phone to the side and focused his attention on me.

“Well you’re popular aren’t you?” I nudged his arm and laughed. “Were you planning to go with any of them?”

“I told them I’d get back to them...Has anyone asked you?” He asked.

“We have to ask the guys you dummy. No, plus, I thought of not going, I have better things to do too. But I don’t know. It depends on how I feel.”

 

When Jungkook asked me if anyone asked me I suddenly got pushed with a random thought. What if I asked him? I stared into the distance and ate my food, silently thinking to myself. I kinda didn’t want him to suffer with all those girls, plus by seeing his face after his phone blowing up with texts, it seems like he wasn’t really fond of them. Before I opened my mouth I got interrupted. “Hey Jungkook, I was thinking, do you want to go to winter formal with me?”

I looked at him and he immediately said “I’ll think about it.” She flashed him a smile then walked off, hoping he would say yes to her. “What were you going to say?” Jungkook turned and faced back to me.

“Nevermind.” I continued to eat. How was I going to ask him?

“I swear all the girls in the whole junior class have asked me already,” He said, burying his hands in his face from the frustration that seems like the female species.

 

I haven’t asked you yet…

 

“Why aren’t you asking anyone?” He asked me again.

“Once again, Jungkook, the girls are asking the guys, is that so hard for you to process? Plus, I should be asking you, why is everyone asking you?” I glared at him.

“Maybe that’s because I’m good looking and you’re not.” He just smiled like the stupid dork he is and before I exploded at him the bell interrupted me. The two of us walked to Physics and as class progressed, I picked up my phone and opened up to our chatroom. Jungkook sat on the other side of the room, so this was like a daily routine for us; to be texting in the middle of our Physics lesson.

 

I’m bored.

Seconds later, he replied,

You’re weird.

Says the one who has thousands of girls asking him at the same time.

Why aren’t you asking me?

My heart almost leaped out of my chest. That was the most ridiculous question he’s ever asked me.

Jungkook please. That’s because I don’t like you.

Min please. You know you do just admit it ;)

I put my phone down and decided to pay attention to the lesson and ignore him for a while. My heart was still beating from his curiosity as to why I wasn’t asking him. Maybe I was nervous?

 

I got bored of the lesson and picked up my phone once again.

 

Jungkook.

What miss I’m-not-asking-you-to-winter-formal?

Do you…

Want donuts after school? Are you treating?

No you idiot you’re ruining a moment.

Say it then :)

I glanced over at Jungkook across the room and he was just smiling at his phone screen. Such an idiot.

Who do you want to go to winter formal with?

Chickened out again. Great going.

Well there’s this one girl that asked me…

Oh...well…

Min. Step up your game. Just ask him already. Before I could send my message, I got another text from him.

Dammit Min will you go to winter formal with me, is it really that hard for you to ask me?

I put my phone down and I could feel my world crumbling into pieces. We’re just friends, but why was it so hard for me to ask him? I suddenly get hit on the back of my head, “You’re an idiot.” I just looked at him. “Well?”

“Well what?” I asked.

“Where’s my official ask from you?” He crossed his arms and leaned against the table behind him.

“Just be my date to winter formal okay?” I said quietly. A smile still rose on his face and he put his arm around my shoulder.

“You’re so difficult sometimes you know that right?” He looked at me. “Does that mean...you like me?”

“What! No!” I suddenly pushed his arm off my shoulder, feeling my face get hot. Jungkook. No.



I stared at myself in the mirror, shocked at the fact that I was wearing a dress. I wore a dark red sweetheart neckline dress with an A-line skirt that ran down to just above my knees. Was this even formal? I wore natural makeup and curled my hair. I think the last time I actually girl-ed myself out, was last Christmas. I open my door and I’m surprised by Jungkook standing there waiting for me already. His face changed so suddenly, I brought up something to change the mood, “It looks like you just watched a horror movie.”

“This is the first time I’ve seen you...actually dressed up,” He said as we started walking to his car.

Taken aback, he opened the door for me. “Wow I didn’t know you had this side to you,” I said as he got in the car and started it.

“You don’t know a lot of things,” He just smiled and pulled out of my driveway.

What was so fancy about this winter formal was it was on a cruise ship. Way to go school, you finally used your money for something useful.

  In the middle of the dance, Jungkook suddenly took me outside on the deck of the ship, where there was literally just us two, staring out at the water and moon’s reflection. “Why did you take me here?” I asked.

“I needed some quiet.” He just sighed. A long silence rung between us. “You know, I’m glad I went to winter formal with you.”
“Why is that?” I asked him.

“All the girls who asked me were way too much and they all tried to impress me when they tried to ask.

“I was too much too, I mean, I couldn’t even ask you.”

“You’re an idiot. But that’s what made it memorable.” He said as I stayed quiet to hear what he had to say. “What I mean is I wanted my winter formal to be memorable. I didn’t want it to be with someone I barely knew.” Silence. “And well, I was kinda waiting for you to ask.” Should I just keep listening or say something? Say something Min, say it. “The day we were talking about winter formal I noticed you were having a hard time just asking me. But I knew you couldn’t get the words out of your mouth.”

“Why me of all people?” Was all that came out. You’re an idiot Min. A full-fledged idiot.

“Have you ever thought of how it would be for us if we were more than friends?” Then I saw him look at me, “Like instead of being just friends who do friend things...what if…”

“Just get to the point already or I’m going to jump off this boat.” I was still looking out in the distance but I noticed he disappeared beside me.

 

A sudden pair of arms wrap around my waist and the same familiar voice speaks. “I like you Min.”

 

“Jungkook?” I said, still trapped in the backhug.

I could feel him laugh. “I’m so obvious.” Then suddenly rested his head on my shoulder. I could feel my heart beating all over and I was at a loss of words. “Well?”

“Well what?” I swear this had happened just before. “Oh, well, I don’t know what to say.”

“Min, just go out with me or I’ll throw you off the boat.” He suddenly picked me up and I began panicking.

“OKAY JUNGKOOK OKAY! I LIKE YOU OKAY! PUT ME DOWN PLEASE!” I screamed as he just laughed, and was finally put back down. He then turns me around to face him, taking my hands and just staring at me with a different stare he’s never used before.

“I never knew how beautiful my best friend was.” He smiled. “You know, knowing you these past few years have made me realize so much about you-”

“Yes.” I said, to stop him from the gross comments. I couldn’t take enough of him, I was probably blushing like crazy.

“What? I wasn’t done.” His shoulders suddenly dropped.

  “I’ll be your idiot if you’ll be mine.” I smiled. Jungkook smiled back and pulled me closer into a kiss, ending the first magical night of our new adventure.


AND I MAKE MY FIRST OFFICIAL COMEBACK AFTER FOREVER! I've been wanting to write more, and I suddenly wrote this....story thing yesterday...Well....this is awkward..

How did you guys like it ?