Thief

The Witch

“The witch once again caught polices off guards! After sending the invitation to Art Gallery at 12 pm, this famous thief fooled the police and successfully took the blue diamond. It has been over 5 months since a thief with red cloak, black outfit and a mask appeared and apparently this thief called the witch had stolen things worth over 50 million won!

The police had yet found the clues about the witch. Stay tune for the other updates!”

 

Wendy sighed exasperatedly as she turned her head from the big TV screen in the café. She ruffled her hair, feeling frustrated about this whole thing.

“You know, you really need to give this case to another team” Her cousin said, bringing her the caramel macchiato that Wendy ordered.

“Why should I?”

“Because you can’t catch the thief, and you didn’t have enough sleep lately.” The taller girl said sitting across her while sipping her hot chocolate.

“I just can’t do that Seulgi, this is my responsibility and I need to catch whoever the thief is”

“Do you have any clue of who the thief is?”

Wendy took a sip of her drink before sighing again, “She never revealed what she looks like”

“It’s a she?”

“Yes, it was pretty obvious don’t you think? What kind of man wears those outfits?” Wendy shrugged.

“True.”

Suddenly Wendy’s phone rang and after seeing the caller, Wendy immediately stood up. “I need to go Seulgi, I’ll contact you later!” She said running out the café with such a hurry.

Seulgi sighed, “I have to pay for the freaking coffee again?”

In the police station

From the set of the Scorpio till the dawn of the bow sign, when the clock without a second hand strikes on the twelfth, I will come to get the shining yellow diamond. –Witch”

Wendy read as it was written in English. After explaining it in Korean, the room was filled with silence, each of the police was thinking about the riddle.

The brunette excused herself to take some walk since usually she could think a little bit more logically if she’s not inside the stuffy room.

Scorpio... Bow sign? Twelfth...” She mumbled to herself after buying a coffee, again.

She ruffled her hair when suddenly someone bumped into her, just leaving a slight impact. Wendy caught the red color of the clothes but when she looked up, she found no one in front of her. She turned her head everywhere but she didn’t find anyone in the sidewalk since usually it was pretty quiet in front of the police station and it was midnight to begin with.

She frowned. All the shops were closed and there was no alley here. Weird

She then shrugged the thought because the case is more important than someone that magically disappeared.

Wendy groaned as she took a sit on her couch. She rummaged through her coat and put her gun on the table.

But suddenly she stopped when she felt something like a paper in her right pocket. Did I put the bill here? She tilted her head in confusion.

She picked the paper and widened her eyes when she saw the familiar color red.

Catch me if you can, Wendy said out loud even though she was alone in the room. She was.

The brunette gritted her teeth in annoyance as she threw the card on her table, right beside the gun. It was silent for a few seconds, until…

“I see you’re reading my letter there”

Wendy turned her head immediately to the voice and she almost got a heart attack when she saw a figure, wearing a red cloak, a black mask covering her eyes and nose and a matching black outfit standing right in front of her window. It’s an apartment and she was in the freaking fifth floor! How the heck?

She stood up, took the gun and pointed it at the criminal in the speed of light.

“Put you-”

“Oops! Wait a minute detective” The girl said smirking.

“Wha-”

“You know, it’s not fun if you shoot me here isn’t it?”  She said taking a step forward.

“Don’t move!” Wendy said glaring at the thief. She observed the girl carefully as this is the first time that she could see the Witch up close.

“Chill Detective Son Seunghwan, or Wendy?” The girl laughed, putting both of her hands in the air.

“How did you know my name?” Wendy asked, now she was the one who took one step closer.

The Witch laughed again, “Isn’t it obvious that I had done some researches on the people that wanted to catch me?” She said showing her lopsided grin.

“Anyway, have you solved my riddle?” She asked, taking a step closer.

Wendy didn’t answer the question, because, she didn’t want to embarrass herself.

“No? Well no fun” She said still grinning. “It’s easy though, let me tell you”

From the set of the Scorpio till the dawn of the bow sign, Scorpio is a zodiac sign. The people who have this sign were born at Oct 23rd until Nov 21st. For the bow sign, it was the sign of Sagittarius, and it was at Nov 22nd until Dec 21st. The set of Scorpio till the dawn of Sagittarius meant the date between them, so it was between Nov 21st and Nov 22nd.

When the clock without a second hand strikes on the twelfth, I’m sure you know what does it mean, but well I’ll explain it anyway. The clock without a second hand, you know clock has 3 hands, one for the hour, one for the minute, and the other is for the second. The second hand is definitely the hand that shows minute, and it said without a second hand. Basically it said that the second hand was covered by the first hand. Strikes on the twelfth. Obviously at twelve o’clock. No more, no less.

So the point is I will come at midnight between those dates. Easy peasy right?”

Wendy watched with hung open, she almost forgot that she was talking with a criminal here.

“How did you- *cough* of course I know it” Wendy said hoping that her pink cheeks didn’t abandon her.

The girl in front of her laughed heartily. Wendy hated to admit that her laugh was really melodious.

“You’re cute.” She said smirking.

Wendy’s cheeks turned pink once again and she shook her head, reminding herself that the girl in front of her is a criminal. She was just flirting with her to get her off guards.

“You better turn yourself in, it’s better because you’ve stolen a quite amount of money for yourself” Wendy said seriously as she took the last step closer to the girl. She pointed her gun to the girl’s chest.

 Wendy must be imagining things when she saw the girl’s sad smile before her smile turned into a smirk.

“You know? It’s quite rare for me to visit someone’s house because the risk of me getting caught is bigger. But well, see? You’re the exception.” The girl said, her tone was not as confident as what she used earlier.

When Wendy blinked her eyes for second, the figure in front of her had disappeared.

She looked around her room frantically, trying to search the criminal she had lost. She groaned as she threw her gun to her couch.

She then noticed another red letter on the floor.

Let’s meet again, detective.

Wendy watched as her room was now filled with a group of polices, trying to look for at least a trace of the Witch. She sat on the couch, thinking back at the night before.

Why would she tell me about her riddle? She must’ve known that I would tell the answer to the police station and the risk of her getting caught is now bigger. Why would she visit me anyway? And what about her smile that time? Wendy ruffled her hair in frustration.

“Did she say anything more? Or did she leave anything?” The inspector said asking impatiently while writing something on his memo.

“Nope, just a red letter I found in my pocket” Wendy said picking the red letter and gave it to the inspector.

“How?” He narrowed his eyes at the younger girl.

“I don’t know, I just arrived here and I found that. It was weird but it’s expected from a famous thief anyway” The girl said standing up and walked to the window where she showed up last night.

She picked up the other letter when everybody was busy with their own work. I had lost my mind… I had lost my freaking mind…

She groaned as she put the letter back in her pocket.

What the heck is wrong with me? I’m a detective for God’s sake.

November 21st at 11:50 pm

Wendy went back and forth nervously as she saw polices were starting to fill up the building where the yellow diamond was at.

Every hallway was guarded by over 20 polices wearing a bulletproof vest, a helmet, and carrying a gun.

Wendy didn’t know why she was so nervous about all of this. She didn’t know, she really didn’t know. She had caught a lot of criminals, from a light one to a heavy one, yet she never felt this kind of nervous.

It’s not the kind of nervous that made you sweat, but it’s the kind of nervous where you felt butterflies flying wildly in your stomach. Nervous? More like excited.

Wendy sighed as she walked to the main place where the yellow diamond was. There were 2 polices guarding outside the door. There were a lot more outside though. The inspector was long gone since he was observing the building from the CCTV here.

The brunette then walked away to an empty room and sat down on the bed, still trying to calm the butterflies down.

Suddenly a strong wind blew her hair.

She turned her head to the source and found the same figure wearing the exact same thing as what she saw a few days back. She walked inside the room and closed the window for now, since the wind was pretty strong, it would be obvious if someone saw a window opened.

This time Wendy stood up but she didn’t take her gun.

“We really meet again no?” The Witch said showing her signature smirk. The confidence that was once gone, now came back.

“Why are you here?” Wendy asked, feeling a little bit scared if someone found out. She didn’t know why.

“Don’t worry, there was no guard outside, and there was no CCTV camera here” She shrugged.

Wendy unconsciously sighed in relieve.

“Now you care about my whereabouts? You know, you could go in jail if someone found out you’re trying to hide me” The girl said grinning.

“I’m not trying to hi-”

“Then why are you so worried about me though? You didn’t even bother to take your gun like a few days ago” She said walking closer to Wendy.

The girl stopped when she was just a few inches away from the detective.

Wendy gulped, she felt the butterflies went even crazier and her heart was now beating erratically out of control.

“I…”

“By any chance Miss. Son” The girl smirked, she leaned in to the latter’s ears, “have you fallen for me?” She whispered, sending shivers down Wendy’s spine.

Wendy her dry lips. “I… don’t know…” She answered honestly, feeling confused by her own feelings.

The girl took a step back and stared at Wendy’s eyes. She then slowly took off her black mask and Wendy almost lost her breath when she saw the girl’s beautiful… gorgeous features.

“My real name is Bae Joohyun, better known as Irene if you want to know” The girl said smiling softly.

Wendy watched in amusement at how the girl was like having a different personality off her mask. “Irene…” She whispered, still couldn’t look away from the slightly taller girl.

“Did you remember you said that I stole money for myself?”

Wendy nodded.

“I’m not” Irene grinned, still that lovely lopsided grin.

“Y-you’re not?”

“These people looked good on the outside, but a wicked person inside” Irene said, her tone was full of hatred. “They were the true criminals. All these people are filthy, they used the country’s money to buy this diamond. It’s not even legal to begin with.” She sighed in frustration.

“Where did you put all those things you’ve taken?” Wendy asked carefully.

“It’s safe somewhere in this country” Irene smiled, she then took a step closer to Wendy and the girl started to feel nervous again.

“You know why I decided to visit you?” She asked, looking at Wendy’s eyes.

Wendy shook her head slowly like she was hypnotized by the beauty in front of her. Well, she was.

“Because…” Irene cupped Wendy’s left cheek, and she swore she felt spark when their skin touched.

She leaned in slowly until their lips were just an inch apart.

“You’re the hottest detective I’ve ever seen” Irene whispered before slowly capturing Wendy’s lips.

Wendy’s eyelids started to drop slowly, so does Irene’s.

It was slow and hesitant at first, until it started to get passionate and rough.

Wendy’s hands were around Irene’s waist, pulling their body close to each other.

There were mewls, whimpers, moans and groans everywhere until they abruptly pulled off when they heard a few knocks from outside. “Miss Son? Are you there? It’s almost the time…” Wendy stared at Irene frantically.

“Miss Son?” One of the police took a peek and found Wendy on the balcony, staring at the distance.

Wendy then turned around and raised her eyebrows when she saw the police. “Oh is it the time already?” She asked smiling.

“Yes it is Miss Son”

“Oh okay then” Wendy said walking out the room.

Wendy walked away with a smirk on her face.

Irene is a thief, for sure.

_____________________________________

A/N :

Another random shot from me.

Please give me some recommendations on what pairing I should write next?