Final

In Your Arms

Slapping his hands over his ears in an attempt to drown out the noise, Kyungsoo squeezed his eyes shut and sunk lower into the bed. The screams of his parents seemed to become louder and louder with each shout, every syllable bouncing off the walls.  Crawling out from under his blankets, he threw on a thin jacket, navigating through the mess in his room. Carefully opening the window, he slipped out of the house unnoticed, running through the soft grass as it tickled his feet. Picking up the pace, he began to sprint through the neighborhood, desperate to get to his destination. "Take a left here, make a right, third house on the right," Kyungsoo muttered, guiding himself through the maze of homes. Arriving at a plain white brick house, Kyungsoo immediately jumped onto the towering tree, climbing it branch by branch until he reached the window he was looking for.

With a shaky voice, he quietly began to sing, barely a whisper in the night. Halfway through the verse he heard rustling from the window, and upon looking up, a messy bundle of brown hair appeared in the darkness of the room. The old window creaked open and a tan boy with a smile on his face appeared, head resting in his arms as he listened to the melody of Kyungsoo's voice. Kyungsoo sighed a soft "Jongin" and the tan boy only smiled more at the mention of his name. "What can I do for you princess?" Jongin spoke, breaking the silence. Gazing intently into his dark brown eyes, Kyungsoo exhaled, softening his grip on the tree.

"Take me away."

With that, Jongin just smiled his soft smile, holding his arms out. Without a second to waste, Kyungsoo leapt into his arms through the air, holding on tightly as he was spun around the room and gently laid onto the bed. Jongin joined him seconds later, wrapping Kyungsoo in a tangle of his limbs. Kissing Kyungsoo's forehead, he whispered stories of nothing into the darkness until Kyungsoo drifted off to sleep, wrapped in the safety of Jongin's arms.
 

------

a/n: this is probs one of my more favorite fics i've written, and i know i tend to write really really short stories but i hope you guys like it. happy kaisoo!