Chapter 1

Once Upon a Shooting Star

“ I’m sorry, I already have someone I like.”
------------------------------------------------------
Jieun’s P.O.V.

I sighed as I laid my head on my desk. I had been yet again, rejected by one of my many crushes. This time it was Lee Gikwang, captain of the soccer team. I already knew he had someone he liked – since it was so obvious. He would make goo-goo eyes at her whenever she passed by. He looks at her as if she’s a goddess. I confessed to him to get the feeling off my chest.

“ Rejected again?” My best friend, Suzy sat across me. Suzy is one of the school’s most popular girls – and Gikwang’s goddess. Oh, how I wish to be her. She’s beautiful and has a cute boyfriend(too bad Gikwang) girls would die for – like me.

“ Am I that ugly? Why can’t I get a boyfriend? Do guys hate me or something? Is it because of my height? Or is it the mole on my face?” I blurted out. ‘ She should be used to all the rejecting by now.’ Is what people would think about me but they are completely wrong. In fact, it hurts – like, really bad. Getting rejected means knowing he’s not the one you’re meant to be with ever and more nerdy guys that will likely be the one – not that I’m against nerdy guys but I wouldn’t want to wake up to that every morning.   

“ You’re pretty,  Jieun. Maybe you should lay low for a while. Boys don’t like girls that are easily swooned by hot guys. They need to know that they’re the only one in your heart.” Suzy told me. I sat up.

“ I just can’t help myself! There are cute guys everywhere! Everywhere I look, a hot guy appears in front of my eyes.” I said.

“ Like me?” The person I dislike hate most, Kim Jongin put his face near my face, our lips centimeters apart. I pushed his face away from mine as soon as I recognized that gorgeous ugly face of his.

“ Not at all.” I said in disgust. Jongin then put his arm around my shoulder and I pushed it away as fast as I could. Jongin or who I like to call ert, is the person I hate the most in the entire world. Sure, he’s handsome but he’s a freaking playboy! I mean, who would want to date a playboy??? Well, except for those really y girls, s and really y girls that are s – which I’m not(obviously).

“ What the hell is wrong with you? Not like there isn’t anything wrong with you every day, but today there’s something… off about you.” I said. Suzy looked at me, then Jongin.

“ I guess I’ll leave you two alone.” Suzy said and left before I could say a word.

“ Got rejected again?” He asked me.

“ What do you think?”

“ Let me guess. Lee Gikwang of the soccer team.” He said.

“ Oh so you’re a stalker now. Interesting… what’s next? A molester? Oh wait, you were one since you were born.”

“ Of course he rejected you. Who would accept a mouth that spits out spiteful remarks, a body without curves and a face as ugly as yours? Even a won’t go near you.” He said.

“ Hey you’re back to normal. Great.” I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

“ Let’s see… is you’re next target Nam Woohyun from class 2-C? Or is it Im Seulong, Mrs. Im’s son? Oh my mistake, you already confessed to them.”

“ I don’t have a new target.” I said with a poker face. The ert widened his eyes for a second before smirking.

“ It’s okay.” He patted my back. “ There are plenty of fish in the sea. Don’t be sad if none of them ever falls in love with you.” He said, which I think is supposed to comfort me.

“ Gee, thanks for… whatever it is you’re trying to do.” I stood up and walked out of the classroom. Sometimes, I wonder how I can endure all of his stupid comments. If I was a regular girl, I would be running out of the classroom in tears and a running nose.

I walked around school during lunch to clear my mind of hot guys but it didn’t work. Everywhere I went, a hot guy appears. I turned my head the other side to avoid and a hot guy was standing there. I wish Suzy was with me so she could see that I was not joking.

I skipped my taekwondo meeting since it’s the club that has buff guys and very few girls. It was the main reason I joined the club. Now that I’m laying low, I have to avoid places that have a lot of guys – basically everywhere, except the girl’s bathroom. My classroom is an exception since I already confessed to all the cute guys there.

I didn’t have an appetite so I just ate slowly, hoping it would make me hungrier. My mother noticed how quiet I was during dinner.

“ Are you all right? Did you get rejected again?” My mom asked me. Why does everyone assume that I get rejected every time I’m upset or not my usual self? Just because I confess to a lot of guys doesn’t mean I always do it!

“ Yeah. I’m totally fine. I don’t really have an appetite so I’ll go to bed early.” I said and went to my room. I didn’t have any homework so I just studied. Besides the whole confessing thing, I’m quite decent in my studies, which surprises most people. People think, “Oh, she doesn’t have time to think about her studies(Damn stereotypes).” Well they’re absolutely wrong – about me anyway.

While studying, my phone rang which broke my concentration.

“ Hello?” I answered without looking at the caller id. The caller didn’t say anything and just hung up. I checked the caller id – unknown number. My heart started beating really fast. Is it a stalker? This is like the movie,‘ One Missed Call’. I never really saw the movie, but I just got a weird phone call. How can I not think about ‘ One Missed Call’?!

I tried to get it off my mind when I saw something bright pass by. To be exact – a shooting star.

* A shooting star! Make a wish, make a wish!* I clasped my hands and closed my eyes.

* I wish my soul mate would come find me and confess to me.*

Once I was done, I opened my eyes. I didn’t feel anything. Was I supposed to expect something to happen? Oh who am I kidding? It was just a shooting star. My wish isn’t going to come true.

“ Let’s call it a night.” I said and stretched my arms.

--------------------------------------------------------
“ Jieun-ah!” Suzy ran to me, bumping into people on her way over.

“ Woah, what’s wrong?” I asked. She took a minute to breathe before talking.

“ Jongin’s looking for you. He said he needs to tell you something very important.” Suzy said.

“ What the hell does that idiot want?” I muttered and walked away to find him.

“ Hey  Jieun, Jongin’s looking for you.” Chanyeol, Suzy’s cute boyfriend, told me.

“ Suzy just told me. Where is that bastard?” I asked him.

“ He said something about waiting at the 2nd floor staircase.” He answered. I thanked him and made my way. I found him leaning on the wall of the staircase.

“ What do you want to talk about? Are you going to insult me again?” I asked him. He stayed silent.

“ Are you finally mute?” I said and walked closer to him. He suddenly grabbed my collar and pulled me.

All I can say now is that he, Kim Jongin, the person who hates my guts, just kissed me, the girl who hates him even more.

----------------------------------
Chappie 1 is out~!
Finally! I was able to finish this chapter!
It's not that long nor to short. I think I did a good job!

Please subscribe, comment and upvote(if you want)!