candy machine

Cotton Candy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

  He sighed as he sat down at his seat in class, located at the back of the classroom. Ugh, school. He dumped his bag on the table and buried his head into it, drifting off into a slumber. His classmates have only just started to report to the classroom, one by one, and the once peaceful learning haven became noisy and irritating. Junhoe sighed as his light nap had been disrupted by the school bell, signalling that it was already 8 and time for lessons. 

 

  And... for the next 3 hours, Junhoe stared at the whiteboard blankly, wishing that time would go faster and that lessons would end earlier. The constant drumming of his pen against the table and the drumming of his feet against the floor, not to mention his constant sighs, seemed to annoy his deskmate. There was nothing else to do other than to listen to the Math teacher's boring voice repeating the same mathematical formulaes over and over again. And his deskmate Jinwoo, being the ultimate mugger who tops the class in every single exam, was scribbling furiously on his math textbook. Junhoe could literally feel the fiery aura radiating from Jinwoo as he continues tapping his pen on the table, finding himself being amused by Jinwoo's reactions. 

 

  The lunch bell finally rang, and the tranquility of the class was disturbed by waves of murmurs. The math teacher quickly gathered his books and left the classroom. Jinwoo glanced at Junhoe as he stood up, fire daggers were shooting out of his eyes. "Such annoying..." Jinwoo muttered under his breath, turning back to his Math papers. Junhoe fought back a mischievous smile and walked out of the classroom with both hands in his pocket. 

 

  He made a beeline to a corner of the cafeteria, where his 3 other friends from his clique were already at. "Junhoe, why're you here so late?" Hanbin whined. 

 

  "Why?" 

 

  "There's a new girl in school today." Donghyuk stated while taking a bite of his bread. 

 

  "She's in my class." Chanwoo added. 

 

  "Why? What about it?" Junhoe nonchalently sat down and took the bag of chips that Chanwoo got for him.

 

  "I think she lives in your neighbourhood. Gangdong-gu, right?" Chanwoo asked. 

 

  "Yeah..." Junhoe stared at him blankly. 

 

  "That's her." Hanbin tapped on Junhoe's shoulder and he turned around to see the back view of an unfamiliar girl with long, dark brown hair that reaches her mid-back and wears black spectacles. 

 

  Junhoe turned back. "I don't know her." He continued digging into his bag of chips. The other guys shrugged and dropped the topic.

 

  

  The last bell of the day finally rang. Junhoe sat upright on his seat and stretched his back a bit before grabbing his bag and leaving the classroom. As he walked out of school, he waved to his 3 friends who were walking together, dashing ahead towards the metro station. Junhoe has always gone home by himself. He was independent and cherished his alone time a lot. He never really spent much time with his friends outside of school, and once school ends he becomes uncontactable until after dinner. However, his friends never questioned him about his whereabouts and activities after school. They understood that Junhoe values his privacy, and he is grateful for that. 

 

  He plugged his earphones into his ipod and listened to music as he entered the metro, heading towards his neighbourhood. He always stood at an inconspicuous corner of the train. When he reached his destination, he quickly alighted the train and headed towards a park opposite his house. Near the fountain of the park was a little cotton candy store locked up. He smiled brightly as he sprinted towards the little store and unlocked a door at the side to e

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter