Broken heart

The One that Got away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-SANDARA PARK-

 

 

My mind wanders, as i scanned the place with unfamilliar people, sharing the same passion, the same dream, same ideas..but hidden beneath a colorful mask, including myself.  afterall its a masquerade ball.

 

Walking through a vast of people, my eyes shifted at the corner of the room, there she is unexpectedly standing right beside me, i never took notice of her not until ..

 

"HI" she said 

"HELLO" I replied back, then, i started to move away..

"Youve Got a nice costume" she once again utter.. and so i turned around  "and saw her smiling...i smile back and said "THANK YOU" returning my gaze upfront ,motioning to move away from the crowd, then all of the sudden  she quipped "I LOVE YOU"  it took me by surprise, i look at her for the third time, with a questioning look i gave her the sweetest smile "Youre So sweet" its the only word that came right within my mouth, She look into my eyes, lean forward and whisper "ONLY TO YOU"  i was mesmerized, then she pull me away from the crowd, took me to a private room..

"We are too public, lets talk here i dont want other people to think of us wrongly" She said, while gazing outside the window, she was standing in gracefulness, but still not wanting to remove her mask..

i was caught of guard, "SO?"... raising my left eye brow, i was intrigue.. "Nothing" she shrugged  off, 

Do you have boyfriend? i ask,  initiating a real and nice conversation,

"Nope" i just broke up with my long time boyfriend.." she answered back

"Oh, im sorry to hear that"  what happen? i asked again.

"Falling out of love" She simply replied.. how about you? married? pertaining to my personal relationship

I fakely laugh "NO" 

Have Boyfriend? or Girlfriend? she asked playfully.

Haha No boyfriend, but i do have a girlfriend way back...

'OH so you like Girls ha?! she asked with a very intriguing look in her eyes

Clearing my throat i replied back "YES"

Oh then... Can I be your Girlfriend? She asked teasingly

I burst into laughter.." that was quick... you dont even know me.. but i like the idea..i said with amusement.

"I LOVE YOU" that word slipped through once again...

You Do? why? I answered back.. 

Yes I do, and please stop asking! 

"OK" its the only word i replied,so how old are you? i asked just to outlived the awkwardness, "YOU Guess?"  then the conversation went on and on until i started to get comfortable with her around, removing my mask as well as hers, then the night ended.

 

Two more days, i havent been keeping in touch with her, i was way too pre occupied with work and relationship with my then estrange girlfriend, yes i do still have a relationship a very rocky bumpy ride kind of relationship...

Then i opened my email and saw she was online, so i greeted her... from there our conversation starts to go down deeper, i was too pre occupied with her not even minding my doomed relationship with estranged girlfriend,  we exchange phone numbers...and boom we clicked .

HER NAME IS CHAERIN..."

Yet strangely, by the time the clock strikes at midnight she would turned into something i dont understand, chaerin seems so cold and distant, our night conversation ends up with her getting mad at me..

As the sun rises the following day, her sweetness shines through me once

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter