Final

Halloween is fun

Its close to midnight, the surroundings is covered in darkness and only lamp posts lights the way. Jonghyun is on his way home.

 

When he arrive home, he found their house dark. He frown. On normal occasion, Jonghyun will find Jinki waiting for him while watching some late night shows, and sometimes he will read a book while waiting for Jonghyun to get home.

 

 But now, he somehow finds it unusual to see their house dark. Why? Because Jonghyun knows that Jinki never leave the house dark. Simply because Jinki knows that Jonghyun is afraid in the dark. Plus...

 

Its Halloween.

 

Jonghyun frown. He reached out to feel the switch and smile when he feel it. He turn it on but he frown when he found the lights broken. That's weird. They made sure the other day that the lights are all fixed after it went out suddenly scaring the hell out of Jonghyun.

 

"Jinki?" Jonghyun calls out. Heartbeat fastening.

 

He frown when he received no answer.

 

"Jinki? Are you home?" He tried again. But still no answer.

 

He took out his phone and dial Jinki's number. But its cannot be reached. He frown. Jonghyun knows that Jinki has work even on holidays but he should be finish by now. Its close to midnight after all.

 

Jonghyun can finally feel himself getting scared. He needs Jinki because, despite being the bottom, Jinki is much braver than him.

 

He made his way to the living room with the help of his phone. He used the Backlight to make his way around the house. Just as he reach the staircase, he heard a loud howling of the dogs. He frown. He is damn sure that their neighbours don't have any dogs. Or pets to begin with. And it scares the hell out of Jonghyun. 

 

He carefully made his way up the second floor, hoping to find Jinki asleep in one of the rooms their. 

 

He opened one door he came in contact first. He raised his hand to light his way but his eyes widen when instead of lighting a room, a face welcomes him along with some thick fogs.

 

A face of a man who is all black and wrinkly. He backs away when the man's eyes open and he came face to face with a dark red orbs. 

 

"Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!"

 

And he yells in horror when it exhales a deep and husky voice that sent shivers down his spine and that almost made his knees give up on him. 

 

He immediately run away when it started moving towards him. In his haste to escape the monster, he opens any door that his hand can grab to. As he get inside that certain room, he locks it and lean on it. He wants to make sure that the monster didn't follow him. 

 

But then, his vision got blocked by thick fogs. Jonghyun frown. He turn around to see where does those fogs came from but the first thing that he see is a girl whose hair is up to his knees. Wearing white dress that looks like been wore in a burial or something. But what scare Jonghyun the most is that the girl's eyes is red and furious. 

 

Damn! All of Jonghyun's hair went up. He is that scared.

 

He panicked while opening the locked door. When he managed to open it, he suddenly scream in horror.

 

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!" He screams as the monster he saw a while ago is standing in front of him. 

 

He turn around to avoid it but the white lady came in view. Once again, he scream in horror. He turned around once again to see the monster then, the white lady. He keep turning around just to see the same faces before finally blacking out.

 

--

 

The first that Jonghyun heard when he woke up is the sound of laughters. He groan. He feel his limbs aching.

 

"Jonghyun-ah? Are you okay?" Jonghyun heard his boyfriend Jinki ask.

 

Jonghyun open his eyes and see Jinki looking at him in concern.

 

"Jinki?" He mutter.

 

Jinki smile. "Good thing that you're awake. I found you lying on the corridor and got worried. Why did you sleep there? The room is just behind you." Jinki said.

 

And with that, the happenings a while ago replayed in his mind. He clutch Jinki's sleeves and tug at it.

 

"Jinki! I saw them! I saw them!" He said.

 

Jinki frown but his lips are threatening to form a smile. "Saw what?" He ask.

 

"I saw a monster and a ghost! I saw them!" Jonghyun said. 

Jinki cleared his throat. "A monster? A ghost? What are you talking about Jonghyun? Those aren't real. They're just supernatural beliefs." He said.

 

"No! I really saw them! They scared me." Jonghyun insist. "Lets move out of here and find a new house before, they can even hurt us again!" 

 

And that does it. Jinki burst out laughing. Jonghyun frown. He knows that Jinki isn't afraid of ghost, monsters or whatnot but isn't his reaction a bit too much? Why is he laughing?

 

"Jinki? What's wrong?" Jonghyun ask. 

 

Jinki stopped laughing and soon it died down into chuckles. "I'm sorry Jjong but your face is just priceless!" He said as he started laughing hard once again.

 

"Jinki!" Jonghyun hiss. Getting irritated by how Jinki is taking this things so easily.

 

Jinki cleared his throat. "Sorry. How about we do this." Jinki said, walking to the corner of the room and turned off the light switch. 

 

Jonghyun's eyes widen when the monster and the white lady he saw a while ago came in view. Thick fog surrounding them. He backs away to the headboard and made himself glued to it. 

 

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh!!" Jonghyun screams so loud that he is sure it woke up the neighborhood. 

 

He expect the monsters to devour him alive but instead they started laughing so hard, they stumble on the floor.

 

Jonghyun frown.

 

"Hahahahhahahahaha! Jonghyun-hyung's face is so epic!" A familiar voice said. Jonghyun frown.

 

"I know right! He is so scared I'm afraid he'll pee!" And another one.

 

"Taemin-ah? Minho? Is that you guys?" Jonghyun ask.

 

The white lady fixed her hair that covers his face revealing a young Lee Taemin with red eyes, smiling brightly.

 

"Hey hyung!" 

 

And the monster to do a peace sign. "Peace hyung!" 

 

Jonghyun frown. "What is this all about?" He ask.

 

"Well, Jinki-hyung called us and planned this." Minho answer. 

 

Jonghyun turn to Jinki. Jinki shrug. "Its Halloween Jonghyun. A little prank wouldn't hurt." He said.

 

"Prank?! I almost died in horror!" 

 

"That'a ridiculous Jonghyun." Came out Key. Jonghyun's brother.

 

"You're in this too Key?" Jonghyun ask. "How did you even managed to conduct this kind of prank? It looks realistic."

 

"With a help of science, there is notbing we can't do. And we know that Jinki-hyung is a genius." Key said, Taemin and Minho nods in agreement.

 

"How exactly?" Jonghyun ask again.

 

"Well, first we turned off the main switch, so the whole place would be dark. Next, the howl that you heard a while ago is recorded. There is so little things that the technology can't do. Those thig fogs that you saw? Those are dry ice. I made Minho and Taemin buy it. Its one of our experiments in middle school." Jinki answer smiling to his boyfriend. "Pretty interesting right?" 

 

"Yeah! I can't believe that Jonghyun can scream like a girl!" Key said with a smirk

 

Jonghyun groan in embarrassment. "You guys are evil!" He said.

 

The others just laugh, replaying the scene in their minds. 

 

And that's how Jonghyun's Halloween night ended.