final.

Perfect Two

“You can be the peanut butter to my jelly.”

 

Wendy could only blink a few times in confusion, staring at the cup of jelly sitting on top of the dining table. She wondered whom amongst her other three members decided to eat a freaking jelly in the middle of the morning. Joy had been long gone, since the maknae had classes to go to that morning which leaves her with Irene and Seulgi. But as far as she knows, Seulgi was never a fan of jellies. Unless, her same-age friend had a change of taste all of the sudden to which in that case it makes sense.

 

“Oh, you’re awake!”

 

Irene’s voice startled her, snapping her out of her thoughts and Wendy immediately looked over to the leader, fresh from the bathroom.

 

“Yeah, I am. Did you had your breakfast already unnie?”

 

“Nope. Not yet, I’m planning on having jelly as my breakfast,” Irene grinned, picking up the cup from the table along with the spoon.

 

“Ahh, so you’re the one who wanted to eat that,” Wendy nodded her head. “Are you sure that you don’t want something else that is more filling than that? I can cook for you.”


“Well, I was wondering if I could ask you for some other favour instead…” Irene muttered under her breath as she shyly glanced at Wendy.

 

A smile spread across Wendy’s lips instantly at the sight of the shy leader. “What is it unnie?”

 

“W-Well, I was hoping that I could eat the jelly while you’re sitting on my lap?” Irene ended up sputtering her words, but Wendy still managed to catch most of her words. And the younger girl was even more confused to hear out their leader. What did she meant exactly?

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“Well, it’s like this actually.”

 

Irene then took a seat at the dining table, before swiftly pulling Wendy to sit on her lap. Wendy of course couldn’t help but to gasp in surprise upon the sudden gesture, staring at Irene wide eyed.

 

“Unnie.”

 

“Please sit on my lap for a moment while I eat my jelly? I wanted to try out something,” Irene jutted her lips into a pout.

 

“A-Alright then.”

 

“Good,” Irene chuckled and gave a gentle pinch on Wendy’s cheek before reaching for her cup of jelly and it was Wendy’s turn to pout this time. Wendy rubbed the spot on her cheek as she watched the older girl enjoying her jelly and she pondered to herself on what was so good with eating jelly while having someone on your lap. Wendy could even notice the happy smile plastered on Irene.

 

The main vocalist heaved out a sigh before smiling to herself as she let the silence fall between them. Irene had always been eccentric. And that’s definitely one of the qualities that she loved about their leader. She would never trade Irene with anything else in the world.

 

-

 

“You can be the hero and I can be your sidekick.”

 

“What are you dressing for Halloween?” Irene beamed as she sat next to Wendy on the bed, tugging on Wendy’s shirt while the latter was busy browsing for the costumes online on her laptop. 

 

“I’m still thinking about it actually,” Wendy hummed. “What about you?”

 

“It depends actually,” Irene nodded and crawled on top of Wendy, playfully crushing her body against the small girl who’s currently lying on her stomach.

 

“Y-Yah!” she laughed aloud, trying to push Irene off her. “You’re heavy.”

 

“That’s mean,” Irene whimpered and rested her chin on top of Wendy’s head in return for revenge. “Take this.”

 

“I’m not going to cook for you ever again,” Wendy tried to threaten the older girl, a smile unknowingly crept on her face and she snickered the second Irene hastily got off her, rolling to her side.

 

“P-Please don’t do that!”

 

“Of course I won’t. Silly unnie,” Wendy chuckled, turning her attention back to the screen.

 

“Meanie,” the leader then took the chance of scooting closer to Wendy, resting her head against Wendy’s folded arm. “But really though, what are you dressing up as for Halloween?”

 

“I can’t decide yet actually. I’m not sure whether I wanted to be Elsa or Olaf.”

 

Well, the better choice for Wendy would be Olaf to be honest, Irene thought to herself but at the same time the leader had something else planned in her head. “In that case you should be Elsa!”

 

“Hmm, why’s that unnie?”

 

“I wanna be Olaf!” Irene grinned.

 

“Hey, are you trying to steal my role as the Olaf in the group?” Wendy playfully smirked, wiggling her finger to Irene. “Nu-uh. Not happening.”

 

“No silly,” Irene snorted and cleared up . “I just wanted to try making myself hideous for once.”

 

“...Oh wow, such a conceited unnie this one.”

 

“Whatever,” Irene said in a sing-song tune and made a long whiny sound afterwards, rubbing her cheek against Wendy’s hand like a little kitten as she tried to talk Wendy into allowing her to be Olaf for the upcoming Halloween party. “Pretty please?”

 

“Oh fine. Olaf it is then,” Wendy ended up chuckling heartily and Irene was more than happy of course. She’s happy that she could be Olaf, Elsa’s sidekick. And she’s happy to make Wendy laugh. Because Irene felt like the luckiest person in the world whenever it’s her that Wendy is laughing with.

 

-

 

“You can be the tear that I cry for if we ever split.”

 

“Unnie, are you sure that you don’t want to-“ Seulgi was cut off by the leader herself, only to get a glare in return for trying to sort out the tension between Irene and Wendy.

 

Apparently, Wendy had accidentally raised her voice to Irene and ended up chasing the latter away after Irene relentlessly tried to cheer her up. Irene hated seeing any of their members down, especially Wendy and to have Wendy treating her coldly made her upset.

 

“Just go,” Irene muttered under her breath, tears threatening to fall and that was when Seulgi knew it was her cue to leave Irene in the bathroom all alone. Perhaps Irene needed some time alone, she thought.

 

The second Seulgi closed the door behind her, Irene ended up choking into tears as she hugged her knees together, burying her face into her knees. She hated being miserable actually and what more, miserable for Wendy. She wanted the latter to be the one giving her all the happiness in the world. Not making her cry like this but perhaps it was childish for her to even have such thought in the first place. Wendy wasn’t even aware of the fact that Irene was harboring special feelings for her.

 

-

 

“You can be the rain from the cloud when it’s storming.”

 

It didn’t take long for both Irene and Wendy to reconcile, with Wendy making her apology first but the weather can only be calm for so long. Just a few days after, came a thread bashing Wendy for the imitation that she was told to do on the radio, saying that she’s ignorant and all. 

 

It was painful enough for Irene to read the horrendous comments posted on the thread and she couldn’t imagine what it was like for Wendy herself. The rest of girls could notice the hurt look in Wendy’s eyes, tears ready to fall but Wendy was quick to excuse herself to their room.

 

“Unnie, we should be with her,” Joy bit her lower lip and whispered. Seulgi shook her head in return as she spared Irene a glance. It was times like this where she knew Irene’s leadership would be at its best and Irene nodded her head knowingly, making her way towards their room.

 

Irene could feel her heart throb, seeing Wendy all cuddled up against her covers as she sobbed. Wendy didn’t even notice her presence until Irene stood in front of her bed and the younger girl quickly tried to wipe the tears off her cheek, staring at Irene wide-eyed.

 

“U-Unnie.”

 

Irene managed to force a playful smile on her face, gesturing Wendy to scoot a little to give her some space on the small mattress. “Move over will you?”

 

Wendy was hesitant to comply to with Irene’s request at first but she did it nevertheless. Irene silently lay on the bed, facing Wendy and she didn’t waste any time in pulling the younger girl into her embrace. All Irene wanted to do that moment was to kiss her, tell her that everything was going to be fine but of course, she didn’t have the privilege to do that.

 

Instead, Irene only held Wendy close in her arms, letting the latter cry her heart out. Irene didn’t mind the wet shirt. She didn’t mind getting her arms sore from holding Wendy all night long, for she is so madly in love with Son Seungwan.

 

-

 

“You can be the sun when it shines in the morning.”­

 

Irene slowly stirred up from her slumber, the moment the little rays of sunlight that was creeping through their curtain hit her face. And to still feel Wendy in her arms made her sigh in relief. She was glad that Wendy was in her embrace all night long.

 

Her eyes fluttered groggily and Irene was greeted with the sight of Wendy smiling to her.

 

“Hey.”

 

“Hey,” Irene whispered, tucking the strands of hair covering Wendy’s gorgeous feature behind her ear with a smile. “Have you been awake for long?”

 

“Not really,” Wendy shook her head as she muttered under her breath, staring right into Irene’s eyes. “I’m sorry that you had to deal with me last night unnie.”

 

“You shouldn’t say that. I would be glad to have you cry on me anytime,” Irene chuckled, playfully wiggling her eyebrows afterwards. “Although, you’re gonna have to treat me to something every time you do that.”

 

“Food?” Wendy blinked, tilting her head a little.

 

“No silly. You can treat me with your love,” Irene winked, earning a blush from Wendy.

 

“Cheesy.”

 

Little did Wendy know, that morning was probably the best morning Irene ever had in years. Nothing could beat the feeling of waking up with Wendy next to her, smiling at her the first thing in the morning.

 

-

 

“Cause you’re the apple to my pie,

You’re the straw to my berry,

You’re the smoke to my high,

And you’re the one I wanna marry.”

 

 

Author’s Note – This managed to take the heat off me, and I hope that you guys will enjoy this one. ;;