Adopting a pet

My pet

There is a misterious box outside your house. You wonder what is it and decide to open it inside your house, it is quite big. You try lifting it but it is too heavy, you open the door of your apartment and push it inside. You close the door behind you and walk around the box, wondering what could it be. It is just a big cardboard box. You notice it has a few holes at the top. You take out your keys and use them to cut the tape on the top part. 

You open the lids slowly. You gasp as you see the content of the box. There is a boy, a sleeping boy, shirtless. But that is not it, he has little horns showing through his messy brown hair. You reached out to touch them, but his sudden movement stops you. He furrows his brows and opens his eyes slowly. You draw your hand back, and look at him carefuly. He looks at you with a blank expression and then stands up.

"What...?" you stop and think about what you're going to ask first, who are you? what are you? where did you came from? "Are you ok? Are you hurt?" what a stupid question to ask, you think, you think about kicking him out of your house, but you're not a mean person. You are the kind of person who always helps someone when they need it. 

The boy smiles "I was looking for you, I'm happy I found you" his smile grows wider and he steps out of the box.

You tilt your head slightly and then ask "Do you know me?"

"A lot of people talk about you. It was really hard to find you" you get more confused and furrow your brows "Well, I'll explain later. Can I have a glass of water first?" you nod and run to the kitchen for a glass of water. You come back and hand it to him.

"Anything else?" you smile "Are you hungry? I can made some fried rice"

He looks at you and says "Waaah you're exactly as they told me. So nice, so kind" you blush and look down.

"Thank you, but, who told you about me?" his expression turns nervous and uncomfortable, he lays a hand on his chest. And you notice the weather is really cold. "Do you want some clothes? It is really cold"

"Hm, I really don't need them. It's ok. The truth is, I want you to teach me how to be kind." his expression is serious, you shake your head

"I don't understand" you back a step

"Lets sit so I can explain" you nod and follow him to the couch. You sit down and he sits next to you. "Ok, so..." he looks at you in the eyes "This will sound crazy, but I am a devil, not a really strong one as you can see" he points to his little horns "I don't want to be one, I hate it. And the only way to stop being a devil is to make an angel feel gratefull towards me, so I need to do something kind" You nodded slowly, not really understanding "And... you are one of the purest angels, maybe I can learn from you" your eyes open wide

"Me? An angel? No way!" you exclaim surprised

"Yes, I thought you already knew" he tilted his head "Could it be...?" his brows furrow and he takes your right hand between his, he eyes it carefuly and nod "I see... your memory is erased" you got even more confused