Final

Who is he?

He didn't know who the boy was. He was small and skinny and he had short blonde hair. Minseok always saw him around, but never knew who he was. Whenever he described the boy, people got uncomfortable. They would turn away and not answer. It drove Minseok crazy as to why. He just wanted to know who the cute boy that always seemed to follow him like a puppy then disappear whenever someone else was there. Even Minseok's best friend, Jongdae, wouldn't tell him.

"Jongdae, please?!" He said for the thousandth time. Jongdae bit his lip and shook his head.

"There's no one in this school that looks like that, Minseok." But something in his voice was off. He was hiding something and Minseok intended to find out what it was.

"Well obviously there is." He said. "Especially when he follows me like a puppy." Jongdae didn't answer. "Why is this such a secret? Why will nobody answer me?"

"Maybe because they can't see me." A voice said and he heard laughter. Jongdae showed no sign that he had heard the voice or the laughter. Minseok stood straight up.

"I'll be right back." He said and ran into a different hallway, leaving Jongdae staring after him. When he got there he stopped and crossed his arms.

"Where are you?" He said. The boy peeked out from an empty classroom and smiled at him. Minseok glared at him.

"Hi Minseok!" He said, grinning. He was actually pretty cute, but Minseok wasn't thinking of that right now.

"Why won't anyone tell me who you are?" He asked, dropping his hands. The boy sighed.

"Because they don't want to think about me." He answered. Minseok frowned. "And before you ask, no, I won't tell you my name. Could you do me a favor, though?" Minseok hesitated then nodded.

"Fine." He said. The boy held out a note. Minseok took at and raised an eyebrow at the boy.

"Could you give this to Oh Sehun? Tell him an old friend is still around, and that they miss him." He said and winked before disappearing out a door.

 

 

"You're Oh Sehun, right?" Minseok asked. The guy nodded. "Yeah, that's me. Why?"

"Well, um, I met somebody today. He told me to give you this note, and say that an old friend is still around, and they miss you." Sehun looked confused and Minseok shrugged. "I'm just doing what they told me to." He said handing Sehun the note. Sehun took it and opened it. As he read it, his eyebrows knit together and he looked shocked. When he looked back up, his shock turned to anger.

"Is this some kind of joke?!" He said and Minseok's eyes widened.

"What?! No! I didn't even know the guy! I've seen him around before but nobody will tell me who he is!" Sehun looked like he was in denail. He shook his head. "Th-this has to be some sort of sick joke." He said. Minseok sighed, exasperated.

"It isn't. Not that I know of. I'm sorry if this is a joke, but it wasn't my idea."

"What... What did the person look like? The one that gave it to you?" Sehun asked and Minseok shrugged.

"He's a little taller then me. He has short wavy blonde hair, and eyes that make him look like a deer." Sehun made a choking noise. Minseok was shocked to see he was shaking. "A-are you okay?" He asked. Sehun didn't answer, but he pulled out his phone. He fiddled with it for a second before turning it to Minseok.

"Was..." His voice broke. "Was this him?" In the picture, Sehun was standing with the boy. They both looked happy and smiling. He didn't understand why Sehun seemed so upset.

"Yeah, that's him." Minseok said. Sehun sat down quietly and stared at the picture. "Sehun...?"

"This is so like him." Sehun said with a small laugh. Minseok blinked.

"I'm confused. Who is he? Why will no one tell me who is?" He asked. Sehun looked at him.

"You're new here, right?" Minseok nodded. "Explains why you don't know... Well... His name is Luhan. He's fifteen. He's... He was my best friend. Super funny, and smart, and really nice to everyone."

"But why wouldn't anyone tell me about him?" Minseok asked.

"He..." Sehun swallowed. "Last year there was an accident. We, me and him, were walking to his house, after school. A drunk driver ran a red light and hit us. I made it out with a concussion and some broken bones but it hit him right on. He died on impact." Minseok didn't respond. For some reason it made sense. Like this weird feeling he'd had was confirmed. He didn't want to believe it... But he did.

"Thanks for the note." Sehun said quietly. "He was my best friend. It's nice to know he's still around and being an idiot. It also explains why there was a sock on my face this morning." Minseok laughed quietly. 

"I just wished I'd known sooner." Minseok said. He felt someone tap his shoulder and he hear Luhan's voice in his ear.

"Sorry I didn't tell you. Talking about my death is hard. And I knew that it would freak you out if I told you. Besides, it was a chance to kind of talk to Sehun. I was glad when I realized that you could talk to ghosts." Minseok sighed. Having a cute ghost follow him around wasn't too bad.