Halloween Bunny

Halloween Bunny

 

“Hyung, what are you going to do tonight?”

A rather cheeky grin was shining on Junjin’s face as he asked this from Hyesung. He was standing at the entrance of Hyesung’s home and the singer could not fight off this ominous feeling dwelling up in his chest as he looked back and force at Junjin and the bag he was holding onto.

“What are you up to?” Hyesung asked being suspicious, after all that grin of Junjin’s never once meant anything good – or at least not for Shin Hyesung.

“I’m doing a favour for you, hyung.” He replied and handed over the bag to him. “You said you don’t feel good, because of your personality you can’t express your true feeling to Eric… and you want to do something for him… use this well!” He finished his short speech cheerfully pointing with his head towards the bag.

With lifted eyebrows and a highly doubting expression Hyesung looked into the bag, then his eyes went wide and his cheeks turned paprika red. For a moment he was just gaping out of disbelief and shock.

“Yah, Park Choongjae!” Hyesung yelled at him furiously. “Just what is this…”

“It’s a costume, hyung.” Junjin replied slightly tilting his head as if not understanding why Hyesung asked this or why he was like this.

It really was a costume, a light pink fluffy one and from the one-moment-long look Hyesung had at it he perfectly knew that costume is way too revealing to be titled as costume. He had no idea how to name it, but he was sure it definitely did not meet the criterions of the costume concept - or at least not the ones used in public.

“I see that…” He took a deep breathe to hold back himself from ripping apart the bag, the costume and maybe even his friend, too. “But why would I need it…”

“It’s Halloween…” Junjin wanted to grin, but his mouth only twitched as he saw Hyesung’s completely not pleased expression, saying ‘are you stupid’.

“Jin-ah, we do not celebrate Halloween.”

“I perfectly know that, hyung, but look here…” Junjin slightly lowered his voice and with his head he pointed at the bag again. “This is a bunny costume… it’s Halloween night, you need to put on a costume… We all know Eric hyung likes bunnies, right? Just put this on and tonight just be his bunny…”

For a moment Hyesung could only stare at Junjin with a completely blank expression, the shock just wiped out everything from his brain and every time he tried to think about something just an ‘error’ message popped up in front of his eyes. He was just staring and staring kind of scaring Junjin, too, as this went on for a few minutes, then as his brain rebooted itself and actually everything that Junjin said and its real meaning finally reached his brain, his face again went paprika red and he re-started his embarrassed gaping, trying to find the right words.

“I’m definitely not doing this.” Hyesung stated and while lowering his head he pushed the bag back to Junjin.

However the man pushed it back and stepped backwards and before he ran away with his usual little-devil laughter he added “It’s going to be fun, hyung, do it!”

“Yah, you frickin’ ert come back right here in this moment!” He yelled after him, but it was already too late – Junjin had disappeared and Hyesung was sure he was already certainly laughing at him. “You are so dead, you bastard...”

He sighed and went back to his home and as he looked at the bag with the costume in his hands, his first thought was ‘just for who exactly is this going to be fun…’

 

For about an hour now Hyesung was circling in his room, from time to time stopping, looking at his bed, then trembling as if he ate something unpalatable, shook his head, then started circling again – it was like a vicious circle.

“I definitely can’t do this.” He mumbled in a tortured voice.

On his bed there was that fluffy light pink thing that made Hyesung think he is going to have nightmares for weeks because of it. The ‘costume’ he refused to call as costume. What made him taken aback was that Junjin not just thought about buying something like this, but he dared to bring it to Hyesung – he thought his rule on him started to weaken, because normally he would not dare to play with Hyesung’s patience.

The ‘costume’ did not contain anything big – literally.

The ‘top’ was similar to a turtleneck sweater, however its sleeves mysteriously disappeared along with half of the clothes piece itself – it allowed that danger for Hyesung to catch a cold, because it definitely did not cover his tummy.

As for the ‘bottom’, Hyesung was just laughing, but not because it was funny or made him feel good, not at all, this was laughter out of misery. The bottom was simple shorts, really short shorts, something Shin Hyesung had never once wore or at least he did not remember such event, and he thought their photoshoot was one hundred percent better than wearing ‘that thing’.

As for the ridiculous part, on the back of the shorts there was a little cottony something – this at least resembled to a bunny in contrary with the other parts of the so-called ‘bunny costume’.

Ah, there was even rabbit ears – just to complete the concept.

He really wanted to know where Junjin got this from, because Hyesung would bet his own head he did not buy it in a simple costume shop. Or at least not the kind of costume shop one visited to buy Halloween costumes.

In short, it was suited more for a ‘bedroom play’.

“No, I definitely can’t do this.” He said on a trembling voice, rushed to the bed and wanted to shove everything back to the bag and then to the trash, but then he stopped, suddenly he remembered what Junjin said when he handed over this monstrosity.

‘You said you don’t feel good, because of your personality, you can’t express your true feeling to Eric… and you want to do something for him…’

The younger man’s words were echoing in his head and his heart sank. Everything Junjin said was painfully true – he wished he could do more for Eric, after all he had a hard time to even say ‘I’m okay with you’ let alone ‘I like you’. He had gotten so used to their water and oil play he just did not know anymore how to act normally around the leader, he could not be soft on him or pour his feelings out like Eric did. For him it was easy, but Hyesung found it extremely hard and embarrassing to do.

And so even though he kind of let himself being swept away by Eric, in the end he automatically, instinctively showed displease and could not help himself, but comment on how displeased he was. When in reality he was extremely happy.

“Jin is right.” He mumbled, but he honestly hated to admit this and so his words sounded as if he was spitting them out.

He walked close to the bed again and took the top into his hands. He sighed as he turned his eyes to the ceiling as if he was waiting for help from upwards. “Fluffy. So damn fluffy.” He mumbled in disgust. “I can’t do this…”

He threw it back onto the bed and sighed again. “Let’s do this from the tiniest steps…” He took the bunny ears, walked to the mirror, put them on and looked at himself, however, as he expected the sight was rather creepy. “I can’t believe I’m doing this.” He looked at the bed from the corner of his eyes, he sighed again – he did it a lot when he had business to deal with Eric… - and prepared himself for ‘war’. “First, I need a drink…”

 

It was already the evening when Eric left his parents’ house and headed home in a hurry. Actually he was planning on spending the night there, after all because he was busy it’s been a while he visited his home.

However he received a text which made him extremely worried, especially because of the weirdness of its content.

It was from Shin Hyesung, from ‘Hyesungie’ - as his name was saved in his phone - and usually he smirked when he contacted Eric like this, because it was actually rare. However, this time he had no reason to smile.

‘Eric-ah~ Visit me tonight~ I leave the door open for you.’

Eric found the whole message weird, especially the way it was written, it was not Hyesung’s style or at least not the kind he used towards Eric. But he was more worried about the ‘leaving the door’ open part - his skin was crawling only just thinking about that stupid leaving his door open. One cannot be careful enough.

So he bid farewell to his parents and hurried to their apartment complex. He did not even go home, but directly went to Hyesung’s place, whose door really was not locked allowing anyone to simply enter.

Eric cursed to himself, he was annoyed by the singer’s carelessness and he planned to scold him well once he stands in front of him.

He entered Hyesung’s home which was completely silent as if there was no one at home, and this annoyed Eric even more. Making him go there when he did not plan to go home that night, and in the end not even being home and on top of that leaving his door open? Eric was completely dumbfounded and he planned to scold Hyesung much more once he gets his hands on him.

He took off his shoes, then his jacket and put it on the rack and moved further inside the house. “Yah, Hyesung-ah, where are you?” There was no reply, he sighed and decided to go to the living room for the time being. “I got your message, yah you bastard, stop making me come over when you are playing hide-and-seek by yourself, do you hear me, huh?!”

However, before he could enter the living room he heard some muffled noises signing Hyesung was at home, but as Eric said, for some reason he was playing hide-and-seek making the leader letting out a tired sigh. He did not even want to go to find him, more like he just wanted to say ‘close your door you idiot’ and leave for home. He definitely was not in the mood for Hyesung no matter how happy he was to be called over by him.

However, the noises coming from the bedroom – as he realised a few moments later – had the so obvious ‘notice me and come over here’ meaning, it was just impossible to ignore them. So again, Eric just sighed – he did it a lot when he had to deal with Hyesung – and went to the bedroom and when he arrived there he knocked on the closed door.

There was no response and this offset Eric from his patience, and just kicked in – of course not literally – the door. “Yah, you bastard, what the hell are you playing –“ For a moment Eric could not continue what he was saying, but could only stare with widened eyes, then after getting over the first shock he ended his sentence. “­ – around.”

Eric was just standing there in the doorway with an uncertain expression, he was thinking about what’s going on, who is that in front of him, but most importantly, if he should stay or just simply run away. He was not sure, but at that moment it was hard for him to think, because his mind went completely blank. For a moment he thought this whole thing in front of him was simply a hidden camera prank and instinctively looked around searching for clues or cameras.

However, he did not find anything so he just continued standing there unable to understand anything.

Because the scene in front of him was something he would never imagine not even in his wildest dreams. It was something… impossible.

The thing is that for Eric dating Hyesung was a miracle, getting the chance to sometimes touch him was one in a million and getting more than that was something Eric should have been grateful for.

But Shin Hyesung lying on his bed with a lewd expression on his face wearing a bunny costume – Eric was not sure, because anything that resembled a bunny was the ears on top of Hyesung’s head-, a costume that did not cover much of the singer, showing his milky white skin and beautiful long legs.

Oh no, Eric would have never asked for such thing, because he knew it was too much, he knew ‘his Hyesungie’ would beat him up for even thinking about it, so he never wasted his time on his fantasies.

So, why… why was this scene happening…?

“Eric-ah~” Hyesung’s voice sounded strange and the realization for Eric felt like as if a huge rock had fallen onto his head.

Now this whole costume wearing thing made a sense.

Hyesung was drunk. Completely wasted.

Hyesung sat up, then slowly – because he had a hard time even holding up his head – stood up and walked up – if that moving can even titled as walking –to Eric smiling wildly, tripping in his own leg and falling onto Eric. He was holding onto him, and when Hyesung found a sure grip on him he looked up at him and just grinned. His expression was completely foggy, he reeked of alcohol - Eric was actually surprised he could still move.

“Yah… Eric-ah, did you come?” Hyesung still grinned and actually with the two red spots on his cheeks and those shining eyes Eric found him rather cute.

“Why are you so drunk, huh?” Eric asked and grabbed his shoulders, because he was worried Hyesung would just simply fall over anytime.

“Eric-ah… Ricah… My Eric…” He was pointing at his chest as if saying ‘me’ or ‘mine’. “MY Eric…”

“Yeah, yeah…” Eric nodded tiredly. “What’s this on you and why did you get so drunk…”

Hyesung let go of Eric, walked back a few steps and turned around – only to make Eric see the bunny tail causing him to smile -, then again he looked at Eric smiling brightly. “It’s… this, I did this for you… do you like it?”

“Yes, I like it…” Eric blushed slightly after all he realized he actually did like the sight, still, he could not believe the almighty prince Shin Hysung put himself down to this extent and wore this costume and even acknowledged the reason this boldly. He was happy, but at the same time he just wanted to laugh at Hyesung. “But why are you drunk?”

“Yah!” Hyesung seemed to be upset by this question, angrily pointed at him while trying to balance. “You… you think it was so easy?! I, I’ve suffered a lot, but you don’t know… this colour, I don’t like it and why should I dress as a bunny. Yah, you bastard, I’m a human, I’m not a rabbit. Why do you even like rabbits, huh?! I, I’ve suffered a lot… because of you, you bastard, you always make me suffer… You are so annoying, ‘I like you, Hyesungie’ aren’t you embarrassed?! Tsk, this bastard…” Hyesung’s whole body slightly tilted, so Eric hurriedly grabbed him and held onto him before he could fall. “Oh, you surprised me.” Hyesung commented on Eric’s action, but it did not seem like it bothered him. Instead he put his arms around his waist and leaned his head onto Eric’s shoulder and continued talking. “But then I’ve said to myself, ‘Yah, Jung Pilgyo… Eric loves bunnies, so let’s be bunnies’, so, Eric-ah, tonight I’m your honey bunny, okay?” Hyesung finished his speech and as if putting a dot at the end of the sentence, he looked up at Eric and put a kiss on his lips.

“Hyesung-ah, you should sleep… you are so wasted.” Eric mumbled embarrassed, but this upset Hyesung again.

“NoOoOoO…” The corners of his mouth turned down, he looked like a kid who was throwing a tantrum. “This… I put this on for you, it’s Halloween… I’m your bunny… I’m yours tonight.” He leant his head onto Eric’s shoulder again, he looked like he had a hard time to stay on his feet. “I just… want to do something for you…”

When Eric looked down on him he smiled as he saw Hyesung’s eyes being closed and he felt he was breathing rhythmically. He had fallen asleep standing, being hugged by Eric.

‘What a bothersome guy’ he mumbled to himself, carefully lifted him and put him on his bed making sure he covers him with his blanket well, after all he did not want him to catch a cold.

Then he was just watching him as he sat next to him, gently caressing his hair and face smiling to himself. Though, whatever Hyesung wanted to do turned out quite pathetically, in the end Eric found this situation and the singer himself cute.

Also, hearing Hyesung say ‘I wanted to do something for you’ made his heart race, after all when he was sober Hyesung would never say such things, sometimes making Eric feel like his feelings were one-sided. Still, as always Hyesung did something again that pulled the leader back to him, not even giving him a chance to get over his feelings.

Hyesung made it difficult for Eric to ever leave him, because even though he acted refusing towards him at times like this he made Eric know his love was requited – he was just embarrassed.

“Eric-ah… I’m so bad…” Hyesung mumbled in his sleep, his voice trembled. “I’m sorry… I’m bad… but… like you… a lot…”

Eric sighed as he shook his head completely giving up on the singer and his dumbness, then carefully took off the bunny ears so they won’t bother Hyesung in his sleep. Then before standing up he kissed Hyesung’s head, but before leaving his room he stopped in front of his mirror, put on the bunny ears and took a good look on himself. “I quite like this.” He noted with a smile like a kid’s who received a toy and left the room.

Before going home he put a glass of water onto Hyesung’s bedside table and grinned to himself only just thinking about how much fun he is going to have the next day teasing him.

 

Shin Hyesung woke up with a terrible headache. It felt like as if thousands of glass bottles had been smashed on his head, also, he never had such a horrible nausea - not even when he accidentally ate bad food and had an upset stomach - like now.

Deep inside he cursed at himself for drinking so much the previous night and the only reason he did not beat himself up was because only just moving his finger was a real pain.

He really was stupid, and he knew it even more after he started to have flashbacks from the previous night even though he had a hard time remember anything. He really wanted to die from the embarrassment, he could not believe he got so drunk and in the end acted that way. And he only remembered small pieces, he was literally terrified of what might have happened during that time which was just a blank scene for him.

But in the end there was nothing that could have been done about it anymore. He drank the glass of water placed on his bedside table– he suspected it was Eric putting it there -, then took medicine, put on his clothes and after getting even more nauseous seeing the pile of empty alcohol bottles in the kitchen, he left his home, after all they had schedule for that afternoon.

He was relieved when he arrived to the studio without meeting Eric, though, he made sure not to. He was just unable to face him, he could not look into his eyes, not yet. It was just way too embarrassing for him - in one night he literally shattered his image into tiny pieces, in one night he literally killed his own pride.

He really had no idea how to face Eric.

However, he forgot about a quite important matter or more like about a quite important person.

He was so into his thoughts about Eric and how to avoid him that he perfectly forgot about Junjin, the person who caused the death of his pride in the first place.

“Yah, hyung, so how was your night?” Junjin’s cheerful voice reached him immediately as soon as he entered the studio and only in that moment he realized his real sufferings are just starting. “Woah, you look horrible.”

“I think we have a few things to talk about, Park Choongjae.” Hyesung hissed through his teeth. “Your hyung was yelling after you to come back and what? You ran away? This little rascal…”

“Forgive me, Hyesung hyung…” Junjin mumbled sweetly, but again the evil grin had appeared on his face. “But hey, I’m sure it was not that bad… I mean, you look like you did not sleep much…” He chuckled. “I guess the saying ‘breed like rabbits’ must be true… Eric hyung must have kept you awake all night…”

“Yah, you little…” Hyesung’s eyes went wide for a moment, then he bit his lip in anger, took a deep breath and prepared to kill Junjin when the door opened and the person stepped in he wanted to meet the least.

“Hey, Honey Bunny, when did you arrive?” Eric greeted Hyesung half-laughing.

Hyesung’s whole face turned white then paprika red in an instant and even if he wanted to it was impossible to control his emotions anymore.

That afternoon the whole building was echoing from tortured, painful screams and hopeless begging for mercy.

 

 

 


 

 

 

A/N:

Just what did I create...
I swear I imagined Hyesung in that outfit and... I feel apologetic towards him... OTL Oppa, please forgive me for even thinking about such things.. OTL

Anyway I hope you enjoyed this story.^^
Actually I don't celebrate Halloween (here the customs are different) and honestly I don't really like this thing. But this idea came to me and I was like "ah darn, let it be" and wrote it and waited for this day to upload it.

Happy Halloween! :)))