One

Light
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Taemin was his name- merely a blind kid in the eye of people around him. When I first saw him, he was only a childish man to me. The second time I saw him - he was somewhat an oddly beautiful man; odd because I thought a MAN cant be that much beautiful!

And the last time, also considered as the lifetime decision for me; HE WAS TAEMIN.

And if you don't know- I'd like to say you that- Taemin is Taemin. You can never present him with a perfect adjective in this world.

Because that kind of word doesn't exist here in this universe.

But, as they say- there are less to every wine. So, as for my ever perfect Taemin; his flaw was- his two beautiful eyes, where there was no light.

Yet he had a lots of friends, despite of the fact that he can't actually see them ever.

                                                                                                       ***

"Taemin, I'll set you up for a blind date." one day one of his friends said so enthusiastically.

"I Am Blind." was his answer.

It sounded so normal how he said that.

But it wasn't. 'Cause we only hear the words but don't weigh the feelings behind it.

That blind date of him was with me and that was the time when I discovered-' Taemin was the name of an oddly beautiful man.'

I was just looking at him and thinking -he'd never know that how beautiful he himself is!

He was talking so normally but his eyes wouldn't look in a right direction. So, most of the time it was normal that his eyes would cast downward. And thus the beautiful grayish colored eyes before me is gone out of my sight.

"Is he handsome?" he asked about me to his friends, before we got married.

I smiled. I wished I could show him how I look like. He'd obviously be glad I know. I had that confidence.

But he'd never see.

He had not the light that was obligatory to see even himself in the mirror.

The electricity had gone one day- in our whole city; when I was walking with him in the evening street. It was all dark. I felt lost in the darkness and he chuckled. He grabbed my hand and we reached home.

I then thought- everyday in his life is a dark evening like that- how did it feel??

I bind a piece of cloth around my eyes and I couldn't go with that for even five minutes. It was suffocating. How did he survive every second of his life , I wondered. As for me, a torch would help me to show me my way. But to him, no matter how powerful light you give to him, even the mighty sun as the source of light- it won't help him.

We actually need two lights to see the world- the light of our own eyes and the light of the universe. One of these two lights is missing, and you're blind.

                                                                                                        ***

We were sitting in our couch- me watching TV and Taemin merely hearing. He would touch my lips every so often. He said he liked to do that.

"I know when you're happy " he'd say.

"How?

Please log in to read the full chapter