Of Words and Paints | Yoonmin

Last Train Home

YoonMin | G | 361w drabble

greatly inspired by Lang Leav's "That Day"

 

Yoongi is a lyricist, a writer, someone who inhales air and exhales words, someone whose first instinct is to shape things and people in neat syllables.


Ask Yoongi about the sun and he will give you a hundred and one combinations of letters that tell you about the faintest drop of light falling on his window.

But ask Yoongi about Jimin and he will reply with silence.

Because, despite the sleepless nights, when Yoongi drafts his spells against the vast skin of Jimin’s back, jolting down rhymes and erasing rhetoric, he is still unable to define the fingers intertwining under their sheets at night and the whispers that stir him awake in the morning.

Because Yoongi has yet to found the right way to call the kisses that calm and leave him on edge, or the arms that hold him too close but still not tightly enough, or the many tender waves and countless raging storms in his gut.

There is nothing in his dictionary that can quite describe the way Jimin’s chest rises and falls, the way his eyelashes flutter and lips open ever slightly, the way he is lost in his dream next to Yoongi.


There is no word for ‘love’.



***



Jimin is an artist, a painter, and he remembers stories in bursting colours.

Give him a song and he will tell you about the lilac blue that tinges its notes.

Tell Jimin about spring and he sees nothing but the heart-fluttering pink of cherry blossoms, the lightest of blue against the clear sky, and the warmth of Yoongi’s clear brown eyes that gaze at him endearingly.

Ask Jimin about the best time of his life and his cheeks flush red with memories of white sheets and porcelain skin marked with constellations.

But inquire him about the past, about now and Jimin’s hands will stutter. Because he is not good with shades.

Because he knows not how to paint the grey of the long shadow casting at his doorway when Yoongi left, or the pitch-black darkness of the years that passed since.

Because Jimin remembers nothing but the white of Yoongi’s lies when he promised to stay.