Final

Whatever We Want To Be

Taehyung thinks Hoseok's perfect for him. 

He didn't know when it all started, but the first time he met Hoseok was in an arcade. He was playing basketball with what looked like a grumpy old man (at least that's what Taehyung sees). Taehyung didn't know what was so attractive about him, but something about Hoseok was screaming 'I'm your other half' right in his face. The way his face pulls up into a snarky laugh when the grumpy one beside him misses, the way he flops around like a fish out of water when he shoots in a ball, even the way he dresses reminded Taehyung of himself. Taehyung was always deemed as a weird human being. He had a close circle of friends as not many could actually tolerate him. He doesn't really remember what happened, but he could recall that he said something like: 

"Hey, I know this is pretty weird, but I think you and me are born to be together." 

The rest of it was a blurry mess. But he could easily picture out the shock on Hoseok's face and a glimpse of amusement across his other friends face. But of course, all the bits of pieces of memory were fragmented in different parts of his brain. He doesn't remember things that aren't important, and he hates it sometimes. He didn't like that gaping hole buzzing in his head. He didn't like the feeling of incompletion. But Hoseok seems to fill up that gaping hole effortlessly. Hoseok would always send Taehyung little reminders of what he needed to do that day. He was always there with Taehyung when he needed to run an errand. Taehyung likes his company. He likes the way Hoseok makes him laugh at trivial things. He likes the way Hoseok curls his fingers around his wrist just to pull him a little closer when there is too many people. Sometimes Taehyung steals little glances at Hoseok and he could feel everything around him slowing down to a blur. Call him dramatic, but he really thinks he could die without Hoseok, which makes him glad that he actually asked for his number when Taehyung saw him at the arcade. 

 


 

Hoseok was Taehyung's partner in crime.

Whenever Taehyung was planning something weird and out of the world, Hoseok was always beside him in a split second, smiling as he listened to Taehyung blabber out the rendezvous adventure he had in store that day. They had done many things together before, but he liked this particular one the most. 

Turns out his idiot friend fell in love with the grumpy old man at the arcade. And Taehyung didn't want to miss a chance to set Jimin up with him. He had called Hoseok, who practically snickered when he heard that someone was crushing on his hyung.

"Seriously? Your friend likes Yoongi hyung?" Hoseok cackled, unable to stop his laughter as Taehyung unintelligently babbled on.

"Do you think we could set them up? Like lock them together in the zoo in a cage of monkeys or something! Yeah that would be cool. I want to be with the monkeys too." 

Hoseok stayed silent over at the other line for a full minute before bursting out in laughter again which caused Taehyung to pout. He really wants to be with the monkeys. Hoseok was still wheezing after a while, but he managed to calm down enough to say, "I think it's fine, we could set them up. Just no monkeys god Taetae!" before spiraling down into a fit of laughter again. Normally Taehyung would've felt offended. But Hoseok laughing over at the other line was enough to make Taehyung's heart swell with joy. He unconsciously smiled along with Hoseok. 

And of course, with Hoseok's plan and Taehyung's brain, they managed to make Yoongi wait outside Jimin's house. Yoongi looked pissed, but that didn't stop Hoseok and Taehyung from their plan. They hid behind a bush not far away from them and waited. Jimin was suppose to come out and start hitting Yoongi because Taehyung managed to convince Jimin that he found the mastermind behind the petition for gyms to be closed down. Hoseok on the other hand managed to make Yoongi dress up in all black in the middle of summer because "Hyung, someone I know passed away recently. Do you think you could accompany me?" Taehyung then called Jimin, telling him that the mastermind has arrived. It didn't take long before Jimin jumped out from behind the door, latching himself onto Yoongi, causing both of them to fall to the floor unceremoniously. 

"You will not close down the gyms as long as I am still here!!" 

"What the ? Who the are you? Get the off me you're heavy!" 

The number of cusses in Yoongi's sentence was too damn high, but that was enough to send Taehyung and Hoseok into a fit laughter as they fell back against the grass together. Taehyung didn't know how he got there, but somehow he has his head resting against Hoseok's stomach and he could feel the vibration sound through his ears every time Hoseok laughed. Taehyung's laughter soon died down and he tried his very best to not focus on how soft Hoseok's tummy is. Instead, he settles on staring up at the sky. He didn't stop staring until he felt Hoseok's fingers carding through his hair. He looks up and was immediately greeted by a soft smile. For a while, Taehyung was taken aback by how angelic Hoseok looked with his snapback on and haired pulled back. Taehyung didn't deny it, but he would definitely reach up to kiss his forehead if not for Jimin's untimely shriek for help. 

 


 

There are sometimes when Taehyung feels out of the blue. 

There are sometimes when Taehyung doesn't feel like doing anything other than hiding under his blankets and shielding the world out. He didn't know why, but days like this he feels sad and his chest feels heavy. Taehyung didn't sit on his desk to doodle little aliens, he didn't try talking to a cat, he didn't even want to look at his phone. On days like this, Hoseok gets worried. When Hoseok doesn't wake up to a long chain of messages from Taehyung, he knows something is wrong. Hoseok doesn't think Taehyung is weird. He thinks Taehyung is just being himself. He doesn't like it when people pinpoint his flaws, doesn't like it when people throws Taehyung annoyed looks. Hoseok sighs when he wakes up to no messages from Taehyung. This was the second time in a month and Hoseok was starting to think that Taehyung was sick or something. He threw on the green tee Taehyung bought for him to celebrate their 6 months of friendship and walked down the street to Taehyung's house. 

Upon entering the house, he noticed the mess the younger has made out of the living room. Pillow casings were everywhere and shoes were throw haphazardly in front of the porch. Hoseok helped Taehyung clean up his living room before making his way over to his room, making sure to knock before entering.

Taehyung was lying on his bed in a fetal position with his sheets pulled up to his head. Hoseok breathed out deeply as he made his way over to the bed, carefully and gently moving the blanket down. Taehyung looked up at Hoseok, gaze locked on his as he sprang up from the bed to wrap his arms around Hoseok's neck. Hoseok simply chuckled before slipping into bed with Taehyung still latched onto him like a koala. He wrapped his arms around Taehyung's waist, pulling him closer and resting his chin on top of his head. 

No words were spoken as Hoseok gently lulled Taehyung to sleep, massaging his scalp and whispering sweet-nothings into his a hair while Taehyung clings onto Hoseok like he's about to slip away anytime. Times like this Taehyung thinks Hoseok knows him the best. He knows when he needs to talk and he knows when Taehyung just needs a hug. 

Before falling asleep, Taehyung wonders if it's possible to fall even deeper for Hoseok. 

 


 

"Hyung, what are we?" 

Taehyung's question seemed to catch Hoseok off guard as he blinked at the younger blankly. They were lying side by side in a heap of blankets outside Hoseok's backyard. Taehyung invaded Hoseok's house in the late evening and demanded that they make a blanket fortress. Turns out that it wasn't such a bad idea after all. Hoseok bites his lip as Taehyung interlinked their fingers together. For the past 10 months, Hoseok has developed feelings for the younger boy. But he always seemed so out of reach. Up till now, Hoseok thinks he still can't read Taehyung as well as he wants himself to. Taehyung's like the vast sea, and Hoseok's afraid he'll get lost in it. The only one time they fooled around was when both of them were drunk. They didn't talk about that the next morning, nor did they talk about it the next day. 

"We're anything you want us to be." Hoseok said, keeping his eyes on Taehyung's face, careful not to miss any flash of emotions.

"Oh," Taehyung replied, slipping his fingers away. That was when Hoseok started to panic. He quickly grabbed his hand again and leaned over to lie on Taehyung, ignoring the whine coming from beneath him. Taehyung stared at Hoseok and he retuned the gaze, ignoring the burn on his cheeks. Hoseok didn't know what he was doing, but he finds himself leaning down and placing a soft kiss on Taehyung's lips. Taehyung's eyes widened comically, hands frozen at his sides. He couldn't register what was going on, but he returned the kiss when he felt Hoseok tilt his head slightly. The kiss itself was soft and the way their lips moulded against each other made Taehyung's heart skip a beat. Hoseok broke the kiss first as he stared into Taehyung's eyes again. 

"You.. With you, I'm comfortable. I can talk about anything with you or just sit in complete silence. You see me at my worst but only talk about my best. I-i don't know where I'm going with his, but I really need you Tae." Hoseok blurted out, patiently waiting for Taehyung to reply. Taehyung didn't understand what Hoseok said at first. But after a while he seemed to understand what he meant. He grinned, reaching out to pull Hoseok down for a searing kiss.

"I really need you too hyung. Maybe you're right, we can be whatever we want to be." 

And with that, Hoseok beams with Taehyung mirroring his action. 

Although there's nothing official established between them, Taehyung thinks this is enough. He doesn't need Hoseok to proclaim his love out loud. He doesn't need Hoseok to shower him with kisses everyday. What he needs is just Hoseok beside him. He's sure this time that Hoseok thinks the same too. 

They're simply contented with being anything they wanted to be.

 


A/N:

This was updated through mobile so pardon me for any mistakes u_u 

Do leave comments! <3