END

My Teacher, My Girlfriend - Tiffany Hwang

I think of you all the time. I think of you every day and night. You’re on my mind once I wake up and you’re the last thing on my mind before I go to sleep. I just cannot stop smiling when I think of you. I keep hearing your voice in my ears; your husky voice lingering and each time I feel like giving up, you will come into my mind.

I don’t know what else I should say. It’s just crazy when I keep thinking of you. Every little thing around me reminds me of you. You drive me crazy; even when I sit quietly on the bus, a stupid smile will appear when I remember your declaration of love. The way you call me baby; the way you call “YOOONGIEEE”; god damn, I melt immediately.

When I have you in my arms, my heart beats rapidly. And when your lips touch mine, I wish I could just latch my lips on yours 24/7. When you touch my hand and hold on tightly, I don’t ever want to let go. And when you look at me, I keep drowning in your clear orbs. Your eyes smiles kill me all the time. And the way you wrap your arms around me; even when you’re not here with me; your warm still lingers. Even if it’s so cold where I am; I keep feeling your warmth. And I’m not going to let it go.

What would I do without you? What would I be without you? I have asked these questions to myself before. What will I do if you’re no longer here with me? What will I become if you’re no longer my baby? How should I live if you’re not here? I don’t think I can breathe if you’re not by my side.

I couldn’t stop thinking of that. I couldn’t stop feeling afraid that you’d leave. Please don’t ever say goodbye to me because I need you here with me. Please hold me in your embrace and never let me go.

My dreams are filled with you; my thoughts are swarmed by you; my memories keep reminiscing about you. I just cannot stop; cannot stop thinking of you. It’s like my daily processes and 90% of the time, you’re practically stuck in my mind. I don’t care if you don’t really have me on your mind all the time but I’m going to keep you on my mind all day all night.

I don’t care if you’re so much older than me. I don’t care if you’re my teacher at school. Do you remember the first time our eyes met? I was a delinquent who couldn’t care about myself or my studies but you; you came with a strong aura. Your presence could be felt even when you’re not around.  And I cannot believe that I was already falling for you back then.

Do you remember how you pulled my collar and then dragged me to your staff office? You sat me down on the sofa; your eyes glared at me. I acted ignorant. Well, the truth was; I couldn’t look at you in the eyes. You could melt me down to the ground. Then you called my name with that husky voice of yours. You were firm and stern but despite all that, when you broke into a smile; your eyes smiled with you.

And that was it; you got me under your radar. And when you spread your hands out; they were like wings. You took me in; taught me how to be good; you kept embracing me and then I was done. There was no turning back. I couldn’t get you out of my mind. I fell so deep; falling so helplessly. And it didn’t help that you kept embracing me.

Thank you for being my girl. Thank you for letting me in your heart. Thank you for giving me your promise of love. I cannot stop; and I’ll never stop loving you.

Yoona scribbled as fast as she could. The school bell rang and the class was dismissed. But Yoona didn’t hear anything.  She didn’t pay a single attention on the teacher. She was busy writing something on her paper.

“Class, please submit your homework and you can go home after that.”

Yoona finally looked up. All of her classmates were making their way to the teacher’s table; handing in their homework dutifully. Im Yoona has forgotten about it. Soon, she was the only one left and the teacher was staring at her.

“Im Yoona, where’s your homework?”

“Err.”

“Did you do it yesterday?”

“I was busy yesterday so I forgot.”

“You had two hours prior!”

“Well, I spent that two hours preparing for a surprise dinner for someone.”

“So you’re going to blame it on that someone else?”

“NO! But I didn’t regret preparing that surprise. That someone was really happy last night.”

“Well, that doesn’t give you excuse not to do my homework.”

Yoona stuck her tongue out. She then slowly got out from her seat and grabbed her bag. She slipped in the letter into her pocket and walked over to the teacher.

“I did my homework with you.”

“Not in that sense.”

“Well, you enjoyed it.”

“I’m lecturing you. How dare you making fun of me?”

Yoona remained undeterred. She took a peek outside and when she was sure nobody was around; she leapt forward and gave a quick peck on her teacher’s cheek.

“YA! IM YOONA!”

Yoona shoved the letter into her teacher’s hands and ran away; leaving the teacher bewildered.

-

Yoona was busy preparing for dinner when she heard the front door opened. Yoona let out a smirk when she heard someone sighed relentlessly. 

“You’re home!”

That someone was staring blankly at Yoona.

“Aww, are you tired?”

The person nodded.

“Come over here then.”

The person ran towards Yoona quickly and hugged her tightly. Yoona kissed her forehead.

“There, are you feeling better?”

“Never been better.”

“I’m sorry I didn’t hand in my homework.”

“You have to hand in tonight.”

“I will; provided that you don’t distract me.”

“Did I distract you last night?”

“What do you think?”

The eye smile appeared again and Yoona melted.

“Well, I have a score to settle with you.”

“Hm?”

“Why are you writing such a mushy love letter during my class?”

Yoona grinned before lowering her arms around the person’s waist. She gave a slight squeeze and kissed her cheeks.

“I just cannot concentrate when my beautiful girlfriend is right in front of me. Tiffany Hwang, you know I cannot stop thinking about you. You’re like oxygen to me. I cannot breathe if I’m without you. I’d die.”

Tiffany smiled before kissing Yoona’s lips.

“If you cannot concentrate, you think I could? I’m standing at the front and I have to keep a poker face. And I’d get jealous when the other girls surround around your table during break time; just to have a talk with you. And when they laugh, I get mad because I wonder if you’re flirting with them.”

Yoona was surprised.

“You saw me with them?”

“All the time, Im Yoona.”

Tiffany pouted her lips. Yoona kissed her again.

“I promise I won’t do it again.”

“Baby, it’s okay. They are your classmates.”

“I’ll just talk to them behind your back.”

“No way, I want to see where you are. It’s better that I could see you than you doing things behind my back.”

“Aw, you’re jealous again.”

“Im Yoona, you’re my girl. And nobody can take you away from me.”

Yoona melted.

“And you’re my baby. Don’t worry; nobody can take me away and nobody can take you away from me too. We’ll never be apart.”

The couple embraced each other.

-