Here it goes

Love From Nearby

This has not really been edited much, so please forgive me for any errors! I hope you enjoy!

 

The press conference to welcome Leeteuk back and announce their Super Show extended dates was going on live tv tonight. Kangin wiped his sweaty hands on his pants as he read through his speech one more time. He was supposed to be one of four members to be interviewed for the main part of the show, and he planned to make it memorable. So much so that he was prepared to be kicked out of the group immediately after they went off air.

He sighed. Four long years of military service. Four years of being away from the older male, away from his smile and that ridiculous laugh. Kangin smiled at the thought of that laugh. He rubbed a hand over his face. Sure they had been able to hang out for a couple of months between their enlistments, but the raccoon had not wanted to confess right before sending Leeteuk away.

He ran a hand through his hair. This speech had to be perfect. Everything had to be perfect for his Teukie. He had no fear of being rejected by the leader. He wasn't over confident or anything. If anything, he was scared as hell. It was just that he had overheard a conversation not meant for his ears the week before. Leeteuk confessed his love for Kangin to the other 83-line in the privacy of a bedroom. Heechul had taken it rather well, from what Kangin could hear through the crack in the door. In fact, the self-proclaimed Cinderella had said he wasn't surprised and that none of the other members would be either.

A knock sounded on the door, jerking Kangin out of his thoughts. He scrambled to cover up his papers before someone saw what he had written. The knock came again. 

"Kangin hyung, we need to get going," Donghae called through the closed door.

The older man's hands shook. "O-ok, I'll be right out."

He shoved the papers into his pocket and walked out to the living room. Donghae stood with Sungmin, Leeteuk, and Heechul. They would be meeting the other members at the broadcast station. Noticing Kangin was unusually quiet, Leeteuk walked over and put his hands on the bigger man's cheeks.

"Are you feeling alright, Youngwoon-ah?"

Kangin could feel his cheeks burning. He took a step back. Leeteuk dropped his hands and a sad look passed through his eyes. He was the omma of the group and no one usually minded his touch.

"I," Kangin practically squeaked. He cleared his throat. "I'm fine. Just excited about the upcoming show. It's been a while since we went on tour with Teukie-hyung."

Everyone in the room cheered and nodded while Leeteuk blushed. Donghae even jumped on him and hugged him. Leeteuk let out one of his giggles before trying to calm down the now over excited group.

Things seemed to be going well. Kangin let out a sigh of relief. No one remembered that they were concerned about the raccoon. No one except for Leeteuk. As he shuffled everyone out the door, he put a hand on Kangin's arm.

"We've always talked about everything, Youngwoon-ah. Please don't shut me out."

"I promise, Teukie, I'm going to be fine. It's okay."

Kangin tried to give his best smile. Leeteuk didn't buy it, but he nodded anyway and followed everyone out the door. Kangin sighed. In just a couple of hours, his weird mood would be explained. He only hoped Leeteuk could hold on until then.

Donghae gave his speech first, thanking ELF and the other members of the group for all their hard work and love. Kyuhyun was next. He laughed with the crowd at the various members that got doused with water, deftly avoiding being splashed himself. Eunhyuk gave Leeteuk a hug and cheered with the crowd that their angel leader was back. Finally it was Kangin's turn. His hands shook as he smoothed the crumpled papers he pulled from his pocket. The other members looked at each other. Something was wrong their raccoon.

"Good evening ELF! I know I don't need any introductions, but I'll do it anyway. I am Kim Youngwoon, your loveable Kangin. I know you have all been thanked countless times for your support. I'm going to thank you all again. ELF, you never left my side and were always there for me, even after the stupid mistakes I made that hurt you and the other members of Super Junior. I'm going to ask you once again for your love and support as I tell you a secret about myself. This is something that I've never said out loud, so you will all be the first to know."

Kangin's arms were shaking by that point and the back of his shirt was soaked with sweat. What had he done that he would need support with? The other members of Super Junior were confused. Every one of them turned to Leeteuk, who shrugged with a concerned look on his face. No one knew what big secret their raccoon was harboring.

Kangin looked at his papers, sighed, and nodded his head like he had made a decision. He shoved the speech back into his pocket. Everyone was waiting for his announcement. The entire auditorium was silent, which was saying a lot for a crowd of five thousand people.

"I stand before you today as a man in love." Kangin had to wait for the gasps and cheers to die down. "I am in love with the most beautiful person in the world. They have been by my side through everything. They gave me tough love and disciplined me when I was at my worst. I can only hope that they feel half as much for me as I do for them, because that would be enough to last several lifetimes. I..."

Kangin took a deep breath and cleared his throat nervously. Excited muttering washed across the auditorium. By that point, the rest of Super Junior were in various states of shock. Their raccoon was in love? He had never hinted at anything before. There were never any late night dates or sneaking around. What was going on? They kept glancing at Leeteuk, who looked like he was going to be sick.

"Hoo, this is nerve wracking! Hahaha, uh, so, I guess I should just come out with it. I have loved this person for so long. Has it really been over ten years? ELF, please give me support, and if this person returns my feelings, please support the two of us. The journey ahead will not be easy. Here it goes." Kangin walked over and dropped to one knee in front of Leeteuk. "Teukie-angel, I have always cared about you. It took my going off to the army to realize just how much. You have always been my shining light and I really don't want to be without you. I hope you can forgive me, but I wanted to confess in front of everyone to show you I'm serious. So what do you say, Teukie-love, will you be mine forever?"

The audience cheered and chanted "Kangteuk" over and over again. Leeteuk stayed frozen for what felt like an eternity. Kangin's heart threatened to beat out of his chest. The rest of their members had already jumped to their feet and were cheering right along with the crowd. Heechul hid a smirk behind his hand. Just last week, their leader had confessed his feelings for the larger man and lamented that he may not have his feelings returned. 

Leeteuk stood and pulled Kangin with him. He looked amazing, with his eyes shining with happiness and a blush tinting his cheeks. He placed his hands on Kangin's cheeks. The loveable raccoon could never do anything in a simple way, could he? He whispered that he loved Kangin before pulling the younger man's face down for a kiss. The crowd cheered even louder than before. Finally, the omma and appa of Super Junior were together!

A microphone was handed to the newly made couple for comments. Leeteuk buried his face into Kangin's chest. Kangin took the microphone and smiled. He pulled Leeteuk out to face everybody. The leader giggled happily. He knew he would have to say something, but for once was almost at a loss for words. He took a few deep breaths and then spoke.

"Well that was unexpected, right? You all thought we were just here to talk about Super Show. So did I! Never in a million years would I have guessed that I would end the night kissing the man I've loved for years in front of all of you. I am glad, however, that we could share this moment with ELF. You have always had our backs. I hope we can continue to have your support through the rest of our careers. On that note, I would like to finish with- We are Super Junior!"

The group left the stage amidst cheers and more chanting. The crowd had started cheering for other OTPs, the main one echoing behind the idols being Eunhae. The second they arrived in their dressing room, the entire group erupted in excited chaos. The first to make themselves heard though, was Donghae. He walked over to stand in front of the new couple and bit his lip.

"Whatever happens, I want you to know you have our support. No one could be better suited for each other than you two. I hated seeing first Teukie hyung then Kangin hyung go through hell while you both served your army terms. You stayed strong in front of the cameras, but to me it always seemed like the light in your eyes had disappeared. It's nice... It's nice to s-see... That you two..."

Donghae broke down in tears and Leeteuk pulled him into a hug. There were a few others that couldn't fight tears any longer. Siwon opened his mouth to speak, but a phone ringing cut him off. Ryeowook pulled out his phone and answered.

"Oh Yeye! What's going on?" There was a brief pause, then a huge grin. "It's true! They did, in front of everyone. I know! It's exciting. So you did get to watch the show? No, they didn't tell us anything, so you found out when we all did. Oh, sure. Here."

He handed the phone to Leeteuk with a sweet smile. The leader bit his lip. Yesung had always been close to him, and finding out about all this while the younger was in the army did . However, there had been no warning.

"Sungie, how's the army?" Leeteuk cringed as Yesung started yelling into his ear. "I-I know. No, I didn't know he was going to. No I'm not upset at all about it." Leeteuk's face burned bright red. Ryeowook took his phone back.

"What did you say to him? He is really blushing! Oh, oh my. Well no wonder he's hiding his face in Kangin hyung's chest. Shame on you, that's dirty. Oh, Yeye, I have to go. Manager hyung is here and looks like he needs to talk. Saranghae!"

The manager motioned for everyone to sit down. He stood there for a while just staring at nothing in particular. He rubbed the back of his neck, cleared his throat, and finally spoke up.

"If my bosses had their way about it, you two would be out of the group." He held his hand up when several members started yelling. Kangin and Leeteuk clasped hands and sat with their heads down. "I don't think it's right for them to do that, but they want to kick you guys out for this craziness. The problem is, your fans are going nuts with support. They've come out and said that if you guys are out, there will be protests. The CEO has had to stop inbound emails because he's received so many demanding that you guys stay in the group."

Leeteuk started crying. The fans were always surprising him with their love and support. This time it appeared that things would be no different. Kangin wrapped an arm around Leeteuk's shoulders and pulled him into a hug. The bigger man had tears pooling in his eyes.

"This could end up being a good thing," the manager said with a smile. "You know how gay people in Korea basically have to hide and get treated like crap. This could be a catalyst for some positive changes. I know you guys weren't doing this with the thought of being leaders for change, but it may come down to that."

Kangin shrugged, a teary Leeteuk still tucked under his arm. "I just want to be with the one I love. I don't care what comes out of it. Change is good, and definitely needs to happen, but as long as I have my Teukie by my side, I can be forever happy."

The manager smiled and gave the new couple a hug. "You have all had a long day. Go home and get some rest. We'll continue tomorrow and see what else people are saying about this."

Everyone nodded and said goodbye to the manager as he left, but no one made a move to get going. Nobody wanted to be away from the group and didn't know quite how to bring it up. Kangin had been whispering something to Leeteuk, who nodded. The bigger man placed a kiss on the leader's temple. They held hands once more and stood.

"Why don't we all order takeout and have a slumber party! It's been so long since we could do something like that. None of us have any schedules tomorrow, so we can stay up as late as we want." Cheers went around the room. "Ok, I will leave Siwon and Heechul in charge of ordering the food and drinks. Let's get to the dorm quickly and get this celebration started!"

Everyone talked excitedly as they left. Kangin and Leeteuk were the last to leave the room. They shared one last sweet kiss before shutting the lights off and closing the door. Leeteuk put an arm around Kangin's shoulders with a smile. This was definitely an unexpected night and he wouldn't change a thing. Life would be interesting from now on.