Illusion?

Was it a dream?

It was going to be like any other day for me. Making up finding myself in this new place. I moved out to another country since the end of my high school graduation. This place is new. I was scared of not being able to get along with everyone.. with the city… at first. But oh well… I think I managed to be fine somehow. Today is just another day that I wake up to lights that shines brightly through the window, stinging into my eyelid. It was going to be another random day.. another day where I act natural… BUT! as soon as my eye decide to not get clumsy and finally open up, the view in front of me which is suppose to be normal.. IS NOT! 

 

THERE IS A GUY OUTSIDE MY WINDOW!!! 

 

well.. not exactly outside i guess. But yes! There’s like a construction thing going on in the opposite side of my building which is not far away. actually. it’s really close. I glance through to see what was going on and my eyes wonders back to him. His hair is the colour of Hazelnut or coffee that is skimmed with milk I should say. His eyes are brown, almost like his hair. He has a very fair body. All the muscles lies together perfectly neat. Toned, but not too muscular. I’ve only just realised I’ve stared at him for so long when he turned my way. I pretend to look the other way. Shook my head hard. Got up and persuade myself to do the morning routine. 

 

Yet again.. I can’t bring myself to concentrate. Even though I’m working, i can feel his presence outside of my window. I can’t help but glance at him from time to time. My hands are typing but my brain is not there anymore. I figured this would not work so I got myself up from my desk and wonder around to the kitchen. 

 

‘Better cook some food’ came in to my thoughts and that’s decided. 

 

yet… again…. I can’t bring myself to concentrate. Even when I’m cooking! doing my favourite activity of all! Acknowledging his presence outside, I tried to act as if I am a professional cooker. I start questioning myself wether I’m a weirdo or not… but well… I guess I am. 

 

‘He’s a construction worker goddammit. Bring yourself together.’ is what I’m trying to tell myself even though I know it doesn’t really work. I have this little thing inside me that keeps telling me to stare outside at him and giving me hope that it would be possible that I can have this hottie taking care of me or something. Like hell it would be true… 

 

Like hell… 

 

it would

 

be

 

true

 

 

 

 

“OH MY GOD! Be careful!!!” a loud voice shouted up there somewhere above my head as I’m waking back to my dorm after groceries. I turned up to this brick that is about to fall down flat on my face. Luckily, I dodge in time just 1cm before it hits my face. No. I’m overreacting. It’s actually quite far before it hit me. 

 

“Are you okay?!” the voice turned my attention away from the brick and as soon as my eyes met the owner of the voice, I was paralysed. 

 

It’s the hazelnut hair guy. 

oh

my

god. 

 

“Miss, are you hurt?” He waved his hands around in front of my face, making sure I was there. 

 

“Yes..yes yes I am.” I answered, not being able to look at his face. 

 

“I’m terribly sorry that was my fault I was not being careful”

 

“No..No it’s okay. I’m okay actually” I tug my hair up the back of my ears. GOD! Why am I so nervous?!

 

“No. Let me treat you some sweets after this as an apology. I’ll be finished in 15 mins. Can you wait for me at the bakery round the corner?”

 

“Eh.. it’ okay actually”

 

“Just let me get you something please? So that I won’t feel as bad?” 

 

“Oh well… a little snack would be fine. I’ll go wait there i guess…”

 

and then he left. Waving to me and shouting back to me just to make sure I don’t escape and that I wait for him at the bakery. And so I went and stood there waiting for him in the front. Not so long that I heard his voice along with his body rushing my way. His hazelnut hair was freely carried by the wind as he moves. 

 

“My apology. Did you wait long? You could’ve went inside first” He was catching his breath while he speak. 

 

“Well you told me to wait…” I said softly

 

“Hahahah.. my bad my bad, let’s get inside”  He laughed. Meantime, opening the door of the bakery, leading me in first. 

 

I ordered a cheese cake and He got a hot chocolate. I found out his name was Ralph, and that he work part time job at the construction. I also found out he is applying to the same university that I am in. We exchange informations and I found it more pleasant than I thought. I figured it was getting late so I excuse myself out from that place. I slow my pace as I walk out of the bakery and just when I was about to disappear from his presence, I heard him call my name.

 

 

v…

 

viv…

 

Vivienne

 

“Vivienne!!”

 

I jumped up. surprised. I turned around and found myself In the chair of my own living room. 

 

‘knock knock knock’ 

 

“Are you there viv???” 

 

 

“Coming!” I shouted back after remembering that I appoint one of my friend to work at my dorm. 

 

I look outside the window. It was getting late. I saw him. The guy. Just when I was about to walk away to get my friend at the door, I notice him noticing me from outside and smiling at me. I was frozen for a second and ran the door as blood rushed through my face. 

 

‘What was all that…’ I thought.