Final

Smiley

It was one of those days for Minho whe  he would be anywhere but in this lecture. He was so close to stand up and walk out. He couldn't bring himself to his old professor's rambling about some nonsense with his monotoneous voice. But he didn't have the courage and well, he actually pays for being here, he won't leave that's sure.

He was close to fall asleep when a little paper pellet hit his head. Minho looked around with the thought that the person who threw the note to him must muss their throwing because he had no friends there.

There was only one kid- he looked really young to be a collage student- who looked at him. Minho showed up the paper pellet to him, silently asking if it was really meant to him or not. The brunette boy nodded and pointed at the pellet and mouthed.

"Fold it out!"

Minho did what the boy told him to do but he didn't understand the small note.

:-)

There was only this, a tiny, happy smiley. He sent a questioning gaze to the other, and for his gaze, the boy wrote quickly a new note then threw it to him again. It exactly hit Minho's head and the brunette boy almost couldn't stop himself from bursting out in laughter. It was entertaining really, to watch the boy's face reddening from the drowned laughter, but he was curious what was in the little note.

You looked like you need something happy. So there's something happy.

In some weird ways, it did make Minho a little happier. It was might because someone actually took his time to write him this, to make him happier.

Minho looked for the boy but he disappeared.

He looked back to the two notes and- he still didn't know why, but- didn't throw them away, rather he took it to his pocket. So when he's sad, he could look at it.

 

 

 

In the next week, in the same lecture, Minho suddenly got a paper pellet again. He looked at the boy who was smiling at him so brightly, Minho could swear that the Sun itself could hide away from it.

:-)

The note said only this. But now, Minho replied to it.

What's your name? :-)

He hoped that the pretty brunette boy won't think about him like a creepy man. What if the boy just wanted to throw him a smiley here and there but nothing more?

The little pellet interupted his train of thoughts.

Taemin.

I'm Minho.

And then notes flew second after second, asking different kind of questions. (How old are you? Do you like the colour of the professor's tie? What's your favourite food? Have you ever fed a giraffe, because I have.) Well, most of the odd questions were from Taemin but Minho didn't mind it at all. It was s delight against the lot of serious stuff he had to deal with nowadays.

"Can you two stop sending each other notes during my lecture? If you are this bored, you can live." the professor said and for a while they didn't even realized it was addressed to them.

They left giggling and flushed cheeks because the entire hall of students stared at them.

 

 

 

Slowly they grew together. First they just continued their little chatting with notes- but more discreetly, they sat next to each other now- then they invited each other to eat or to to drink something but honestly, anything would be good if they were together.

One day, weeks after their first note passing incident, Minho got a very worry worth note.

:-(

He quickly looked at Taemin who pouted at him, but also he couldn't hide that playful glint in his eyes. They always busted him.

What happened?

I lost my keys to my apartment. I can't go home.

Minho oh so well knew what was it really. Taemin actually invited himself to Minho's apartment but of course, Minho didn't mind it at all.

Do you want to have a sleepover party?

Yes. I will bring my pyjamas.

Oh, so he found his keys after all.

 

 

 

Well, it wad safe to say that a lot of things happened that night. They got a bit drunk- very drunk because why not?- and Minho started to praise Taemin.

"You are very beautiful Taemin."

"Your hair is so soft."

"Your eyes are so pretty, are they stars secretly?"

"Your nose is so cute."

"Your lips look so sweet. Can I taste them?"

And accidentaly- of course, accidentaly- he kissed Taemin and to his biggewt surprise, it was too good to feel bad about it.

The real problem was when he woke up the next morning, there were no sight of Taemin. The brunette boy disappeared.

It made him feep uneasy as he walked to the lecture next week. They didn't talk since the kiss, it looked like the boy avoided him quite much.

As he sat down, he immediately got a note.

:-(

What is it?

He was sure Taemin wanted him to apologize but he waited for some confirmation.

I want you to ask me something.

How was your day?

Really Minho couldn't think anything right now. Just only one question kept popping up in his mind but he just couldn't ask it. So he rather ignored it.

No :-(

Did you find your keys?

No :-( /yes but no for the answer I want to hear/

Can you accept my apologize?

I don't want to, I enjoyed it. So no :-(

Minho really didn't know what to write anymore. He thought the boy wanted to hear his apologize but he clearly didn't. And Taemin enjoyed the kiss. Wait. Did it mean what he thought it would be? He was afraid of ruining their new found friendship but he had to be brave. It could actually turn out good, right?

Do you want to be my boyfriend?

Yes :-)