Final

$20
Jessica came home late from work and saw her 6-year old sister waiting for her by the couch.
 

"Unnie, may I ask you a question?" Krystal received a nod from her tired sister. "How much do you make an hour?"

 
However, Jessica was not in the mood. "That's none of your business."
 
"Please tell me..."
 
"$20 per hour." She answered, before heading towards the kitchen.
 
Krystal followed her and asked shyly, "Then, may I borrow $10, Unnie?"
 
 
Jessica suddenly slammed her hand on the table before glaring at little Krystal. Shutting from hurting her sister, she managed to mumble, "Go to your room and sleep, Krys."
 
 
She watched as her sister ran upstairs and heard the slam of the door. She closed her eyes. Today was a rough day for Jessica. Dealing with demanding callers was a difficult task for her. She had been working at the call center for almost a month now yet she still wasn't used to her job.
 
And she still wasn't used to her girlfriend, now ex-girlfriend, Yuri, ignoring her texts and calls.
 
Stress added up and she realized that Krystal shouldn't be involved in her situation. Her sister is innocent. In fact, she thinks she owed Krystal a lot because there were times when she neglected her own sister. Fortunately, their neighbor was kind enough to look after her little sister while she's working.
 
Jessica sighed, calming herself down and ruffling her hair before heading to her sister's room.
 
 
"Krys...?" She opened the door and saw her sitting on the bed while hugging the huge Stitch stuffed toy she bought. "Unnie is sorry for earlier... I didn't mean scare you. Unnie is just tired."
 
Jessica pulled out a 10-dollar bill from her wallet and gave it to Krystal, "Here's your $10."
 
Krystal threw her short arms around her sister. "Thank you so much, Unnie!!"
 
 
Before Jessica could react, the little one pulled away and hurriedly jumped out of the bed, opening a drawer beside the closet to get something. When she walked back to Jessica, she showed her the 10-dollar bill on her palm and with some coins from the drawer.
 
 
"Can you count them, Unnie? I wanna make sure."
 
Jessica could tell how much it was just by looking at it. "You have $20, Krys."
 
 
Krystal's smile became wider. She handed the money to her big sister.
 
 
"Unnie, I have now $20. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow, I want to have dinner with you..." 
 
 
Jessica didn't think twice and pulled her sister into a tight hug. Tears fell from her eyes as she witnessed her sister's innocent intentions. She felt lucky to have a sister like Krystal. And at the same time, she felt worthless.
 
 
Why did she neglect her own sister? When did she become so selfish? How did she do this to Krystal who's willing to pay for her time?
 
Realization hit her hard. 
 
Family comes first.