Chap.1: Side Effects

Obsessed over a smile
-So, you're telling me she wanted to grab your hand, wooh, so mysterious, just like the other five thousand girls that were there.
-No, DongWoon, you don't understand. She wasn't like the other girls. She wasn't screaming, crying or even jumping. She was smiling. But not the "hysterical smile" kind, she was smiling calmly and softly. And she wasn't reaching for me, she didn't want to undress me like the others. She was just... extending her hand, waiting for me to grab it. Not to mention...
-Not to mention what? -YoSeob looked at me, curious-.
-Not to mention she was uberly cute. Really, really pretty. I swear she was like a vision.
-Oh, c'mon hyung. Forget about her, she's just one more fan.
-I... I don't know. I mean, she was standing there, not moving, not screaming, just smiling softly and offering me her hand. You don't see something like that everyday, especially when you're famous.
-Well, you're right... -DongWoon said- Maybe she was retarded or something.
-DongWoon-ah! Don't talk about her like that!... She was special, I just... don't know why.
-Doojoon... it's been five days since the concert, you should really forget about her already. This is starting to be creepy...
-It's not that I don't want to, YoSeob. I can't. I simply can't forget about her. If I could just... meet her one more time and ask her why she was like that...
-Yeah, but you surely won't. You might not see her again in your life. So please, stop thinking about that girl and concentrate a little. We have a lot of work to do.
-I... I'm sorry -I sighed- I will.
-Come on, let's go back to practice.
 
The boys and I stood up from our seats and HyunSeung pushed the "play" button. As soon as we finished rehearsing our next live, I went to the shower to clean myself up and relax a little. I undressed myself and stepped into the shower, shivering a little at the cold touch of the tiles, and the water. As the water ran down my body, I could feel how my muscles relaxed, so I closed my eyes to enjoy the feeling. And then, boom, again. I could perfectly see her smile, her eyes. I almost could feel her hand touching me again. I opened my eyes and sighed against the wall. My mates were right, this was becoming an obsession. I had to forget about her.
 
I stepped out of the shower, grabbing a towel to dry myself up, and started dressing. Soon, a voice called out my name.
 
-Hyung, are you done? -I didn't answer, but I could clearly recognize YoSeob's voice- DooJoon hyung, are you there?
-Yes -I replied- I'll be out in a moment.
-Ok, hurry up, we're waiting for you -He said in a cute tone. I smiled a little to myself and started packing my things. I grabbed my backpack and went with them.
 
During our way to the dorm, everyone was silent. They were tired and sleepy, it was late, but I was wide awake. We arrived at the dorm and went to our rooms. I shared room with JunHyung, and I tried to start a convo but as soon as he laid down on the bed, he started snoring. And nothing could wake him up.
 
I laid down on my bed too, unable to sleep. I heard some footsteps coming to my door, and then the door cracked open. In the darkness I could see YoSeob, dressed in his pajamas
 
-DooJoon hyung... Can I sleep here tonight? HyunSeung won't stop poking and tickling me.
-...Okay, but just for tonight. -I made some room for him on my bed and he gladly laid down next to me, covering us both with the sheets. I stared at the back of his head for God knows how long till he turned around and faced me-.
-Hyung, is there something wrong? Why can't you sleep? -I remained silent, just looking at him- Is it because of that girl again?...
-No, don't worry, it's just that... I'm not tired, that's all.
-You aren't tired... Hyung, we've been dancing for hours and it's 4 a.m. How can you be not tired? Tell me the truth.
-Okay, yes, it's because of her -I said, frowning and sighing-.
-DooJoon hyung... can't you just forget about her already? You don't even know her...
-I know, YoSeob, but she just pops up in my head whenever I close my eyes...
 
YoSeob sighed and turned around again. I caressed his hair.
 
-I'm sorry YoSeob-ah... I know you are worried about me but... seriously, I'm fine.
 
He didn't answer. Slowly, he fell asleep as I kept caressing his hair. But I couldn't.
          I looked at the clock. 7 a.m., and still awake. My head was filled with different thoughts. What if I didn't meet her again? Or if, instead of the concert, we met in a cafe or in the streets? Would she have behaved the same way? WHO was she?
 
The alarm clock started ringing. I furrowed my eyes and sat up on the bed, pushing YoSeob's shoulder lightly.
 
-Wake up, Seobie -He growled- come on, YoSeob, time to wake up.
-Dun wannaaaaa~ -He turned to me and pouted. I laughed softly-.
-We have to wake up. And, you know, today is DongWoon's turn to make breakfast.
-DongWoon's breakfast! -He jumped out of bed and ran out of the bedroom. When it came to food, specially DongWoon's, YoSeob had to be the first eating it.
 
I got up too, and walked slowly to JunHyung's bed. I threw off the sheets and he took them again furiously, with his eyes closed.
 
-What the hell are you doing, do you want to die.
-No, I want you to wake up and go downstairs.
-Just five more hours please -He covered his head with the sheets-.
-I wasn't even planning to let you sleep five more minutes.
-Fine, you win -JunHyung sat on the bed and ruffled his hair- God, you're so annoying in the morning...
-You are the one who wakes up in a bad mood -I shrugged-.
- you, DooJoon.
-I love you too, JunHyung.
 
I left the room, going downstairs to meet YoSeob already getting a mouthfull, while the others were having breakfast calmly and not like animals -coff coff-. I could hear JunHyung's steps coming behind me. I sat on the couch and the TV while JunHyung went with the others.
 
-Hyung, why do you sit there? Don't you want to have breakfast? -HyunSeung asked me-.
-I'm not hungry -I replied, shrugging-.
-Come on, DooJoon, you need to eat something. You've been like this for days -KiKwang almost begged me with the eyes-.
-There's no need to worry, guys. Really, I'm fine.
-That's bull! -YoSeob stood up from his seat, looking at me with an angry expression. Everyone went silent- You're NOT fine.
-YoSeob... -I started talking after a few seconds but he interrupted me-.
-No hyung, I'm sick of this. If there's something wrong with your head, you need to go to a specialist to get rid of it.
-What the are you talking about -I frowned-.
-YoSeob's right, hyung -DongWoon sighed- You need to see a doctor.
-Are you serious? -I stood up, my voice's volume rising- I'm not insane guys!
-Are you sure about that? -JunHyung looked at me, with a severe expression on his face- You can't sleep, eat or even concentrate just because of a girl you think you saw in a concert. You're our leader, if you are like that, what are we supposed to do?
-There's nothing wrong with me, I'm not going to see any doctor -They were really pissing me off, so I stood up to take my leave but KiKwang stopped me-.
-We have called the psychiatrist already. DongWoon woke me up early so we could call without you noticing. You have to meet the doctor today at 5 p.m. Manager hyung is going to take you there.
-...You are going to pay for this. All of you. -I pushed off KiKwang's hand violently and stormed out of the room. I didn't know why but I was really angry at them in that moment, even though I knew they were doing the right thing. I laid my back against the wall and sighed. And then I realized it.
 
I felt as if they had bretayed me. I trusted them, I trusted them to understand me and give me support, but they didn't. Instead, they told someone else my "problem" and they were trying to "fix" it. Fix something that, in first place, was perfectly fine: my head. Because... I was fine, right?...
 
I went to my room and stayed there till I calmed down, lying face down on my bed and trying to get some sleep. No one dared to bother me, I had never been so angry at my friends but...this was something special.
 
I heard the door crack open. I lifted my head to look at the clock. 4:20 p.m. I turned around and looked at the person who opened the door. YoSeob was standing there, looking at the ground. Behind him I could see HyunSeung, watching us.
 
-Um.. h-hyung are you ready?... You have to leave... -He didn't look me in the eye. Not even once. He was scared. I felt terrible. YoSeob, the innocent and always-cheery YoSeob, was scared of me. I sighed and sat on the bed-.
-Yeah, I am ready.
-Are you sure?... I mean, you don't have to go if you don't want to...
-No, it's ok YoSeob, I'm going.
-Ok... Manager hyung is waiting for you at the door, he's already in the car... Have a safe trip.
-Thanks Seobie.
 
YoSeob and HyunSeung both left the room, closing the door. After a few seconds of being absent-minded, I stood up and went downstairs, ready to hear what that doctor had to say.
 
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
Hello there, first chap ^^! I know, it's short, but I don't really like to write long chapters so here is the first one! I hope you like it.
Please, comment and subscribe, yes? :3 pwwweeeaaaassseeeee~
Thanks for reading!