1

Ideal Type

If anyone were to ask Kyungsoo who his ideal type was, he would have no trouble answering that it was someone with good looks. He would have trouble, however, telling them someone he has found that actually matched his ideal type, let alone date the guy.

 

This is why when Kyungsoo finally chanced upon someone that he might refer to as his ideal guy, he lets all of his stalker skills take over.

 

**

 

Kyungsoo lowers the magazine he has been hiding behind for the last 20 minutes. Not that he is a stalker or anything. Really. It’s just that the cashier at this bookstore just happens to be really good looking, that’s all. And he just happens to like good looking guys. In fact, Kyungsoo might even say that the boy was his ideal type. Sun-kissed skin, tall build, luscious lips and that soft, soft hair that Kyungsoo has been yearning to touch.

 

The boy was on cashier duty when Kyungsoo first stumbled upon this small little bookstore tucked away in the corner. Kyungsoo couldn’t help but notice the attractiveness of the boy as he made payment for his books. Knowing that he could not live with himself if he walked out of the bookstore without finding out the name of the boy, Kyungsoo peeked at the nametag that was pinned on the cashier’s chest. Jongin. Jongin, Kyungsoo repeated in his head. Little did he know that that was the name he was going to be thinking about for the next few weeks.

 

So here he was, back at the bookstore for the 6th time in 2 weeks. Kyungsoo should be ashamed, but one can only resist for so long before succumbing to the temptation of going back to the bookstore again. If Kyungsoo had even tried to resist his temptations to begin with. It wasn’t his fault Jongin was so damn attractive.

 

Jongin could probably recognise him by now, considering how frequently Kyungsoo went to the bookstore. But yet, the two have never spoken.

 

Today, Kyungsoo was going to change that.

 

Calming himself down, and repeating what he was going to say to Jongin, Kyungsoo made his way carefully to the cashier. But before he could even get anywhere near the said boy, someone else had cut into his path and stood right in front of him.

 

“Kyungsoo?”

 

Lifting his head up, Kyungsoo gasped. “Ch-Chanyeol? What are you doing here?”, Kyungsoo stuttered.

 

“I’ve been looking everywhere for you! Why haven’t you been answering my calls and my texts?”, Chanyeol almost shouts as he grips on Kyungsoo’s wrists tightly. The few customers in the store were now looking in their direction.

 

“I… We’ve broken up, Chanyeol. Please, stop.”, Kyungsoo winced as he tried to pull his hands out of Chanyeol’s firm grip, getting uncomfortable at the attention they were getting.

 

“No, please Kyungsoo. Don’t-”

 

“I’m sorry, sir, but I can’t have you fighting in our store. Please let go of this man.”, an unknown voice cut into their conversation.

 

When Kyungsoo looked up, his heart stopped. Jongin had placed his hand on Chanyeol’s arm as a form of warning before turning to Kyungsoo and asking, “Are you alright?”

 

“Y-yeah. Thanks.” Kyungsoo could feel himself blushing slightly as he replied Jongin.

 

At this point, Chanyeol has been thoroughly embarrassed and had told Kyungsoo that he would contact him again before exiting the store briskly.

 

Heaving a sigh of relief, Kyungsoo turned to Jongin to thank him once again for saving him.

 

“It was nothing. You looked too uncomfortable for me to not do anything. Anyway, I’m Jongin. Kim Jongin.” Jongin proceeds to extend a hand to Kyungsoo and gives the most blinding smile ever.

 

If Kyungsoo wasn’t smitten by Jongin before, he sure was now.

 

“Er, Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo”, Kyungsoo tries to fight down the blush as he shook Jongin’s hand, which was very warm.

 

**

 

Ever since the Chanyeol incident, Kyungsoo has been visiting the bookstore even more regularly than before. But now, he actually talks to Jongin. In fact, the two quickly warmed up to each other after a few lunch sessions at the nearby cafe. Kyungsoo learns that Jongin is actually a year younger than him and Jongin learns that Kyungsoo is actually a blooming writer that visits the bookstore regularly for inspiration. (“Lies”, Kyungsoo thinks to himself, “I’m here for you”, but he would never tell Jongin that.)

 

It was during one of their regular lunch dates when Kyungsoo finally tells Jongin.

 

“Hyung, what’s your ideal type?”, Jongin casually asks as he takes a bite of his sandwich. The two have talked just about everything under the sun by now but yet neither of them has ever brought up the topic of relationships.

 

“You”, Kyungsoo blurts out without thinking.

 

Oh . What am I doing. .

 

“...”

 

“I-I mean… It’s not…”

 

Kyungsoo was about to expire from embarrassment when Jongin starts chuckling.

 

“You’re cute, hyung.”

 

“Wait, what?”, Kyungsoo was so confused. Jongin found him cute? Jongin, with his perfect hair, caramel skin and a smile that would cause the world to stop and stare for a while, found him, Do Kyungsoo, cute?????

 

“Yeah, I’ve been watching you for quite a while now you know. What? Stop looking so shocked. hyung. You are cute.”, Jongin continued to tease Kyungsoo who looked like he was about to crumble right there and then.

 

“But really, though, I’ve been trying to ask you out for a while now. But I never knew how to start. Sooooooo… will you go out with me, hyung?” Jongin asked earnestly. And honestly, who could reject Jongin when he has the look of a lost puppy on his face? No one, the answer is no one, especially not Kyungsoo.

 

**

 

If anyone were to ask Kyungsoo who his ideal type was, he would have no trouble answering that it was someone with good looks. Someone with sun-kissed skin, a tall build, luscious lips and soft, brown hair. Someone who is Jongin because Kyungsoo wouldn’t have it any other way.

 



A/N: whaaaaaaaat. idek what i am doing. 1.1k of omg what. i’m sorry if this was horrible but i just really wanted to write kaisoo bc i could really see them as kisa and yukina. I wanted to follow the anime but i kind of deviated oops. Please leave a comment if you enjoyed! :) would really love some feedback on this. hehe thankyouuuu