Raining Memories

Raining Memories
Raining Memories
Periwinkle -- Happy memory
 
Taemin stared with a silly grin on his face at his questioning friends, droplets of water still dripping from his hair. He felt like a lovestruck idiot but right now, he couldn't care less as he sat back down in the living room of his small apartment as his 19th birthday party took place, replaying the wonderful change of his life from only moments ago.
 
Of course, everyone was extremely curious when Kim Jongin, Taemin's long time crush (not that anybody knew that) since 4th grade, asked to have a private talk outside. Outside? Yeah, outside, even though it was pouring as the July monsoon washed in.
 
Taemin shivered in his jacket as he stepped out into the cold, rainy air. He looked at Jongin, his heart beating so fast that it almost hurt, warming up his body. Taemin hid his shaky hands in his pockets as Jongin pulled him closer in the rain, resisting the urge to lace his arms around that beautiful, naturally tanned neck in case of a misunderstanding. 
 
"Taemin-ah.." Jongin started but he seemed at loss for words. 
 
Taemin could feel his body shake from nervousness as Jongin mindlessly wrapped his arms around the red heads waist, pulling them just a little closer. 
 
"J-Jongin, w-what-" Taemin was quickly cut off by something plush, warm and soft pressed against his lips. His eyes widened but soon, he found himself falling into the kiss.
 
My first kiss... Taemin thought as he pulled his overly sleeved hands out of his pockets and wrapped an arm around Jongin's neck with half lidded eyes. He could feel the quiet stares of other people that lived in the small apartment complex, but neither of them could care less.
 
The kiss was soft and sweet. There was no lust. No force. No tongues. Just a sweet, simple, yet passionate kiss. Taemin could feel his body become sluggish, drugged by the kiss. It was long, soft and gentle. The feeling was sweet like sugar and softer than a cloud. 
 
But Jongin, very reluctantly, pulled away for some much needed air. Taemin hadn't realized how much he actually needed air until they both pulled away, panting over each other's lips heavily.
 
"Well tha-"
 
BOOM!!!
 
The couple jumped as the loud thunder of July stormed through the air. Both of their heart rates picked up, more than they already were, as the crack of lightening split the calm atmosphere with the natural 5 second terror through everyone. 
 
When Taemin came back to his non-panicked senses he felt a soaked t-shirt pressed against his cheek and his hands gripping the wet jacket around it. Aside from the soaked clothes he also felt a warm hand his back. When Taemin looked up, he was met with the beautiful dark brown, smiling eyes looking back at him. He felt starstruck, thinking things like 'Is this really happening?' 'Is this a dream?'.
 
Well if it was a dream then I probably wouldn't feel all wet and cold so... YAY ME! Taemin thought as the light touch of his crush's lips on his in one swift movement. The shorter boy was still loss for words as he was dragged into the warm lobby of the apartment complex. 
 
Soon, the two were pressed against each other in a corner, dripping from the rain. They looked out the large glass walls of the lobby and watched as the rain continued to pour down. Still dripping wet, Taemin glanced back at the person holding him to his chest. 
 
"Heheh.. so, uh, what did you want to say to me?" Taemin asked cutely, looking up at Jongin with big brown eyes.
 
"Tsk, do I have to explain everything to you?" Jongin asked affectionately. Taemin just looked back at him with big, clueless eyes. "Okay fine.." Jongin pulled the smaller boy just a little bit closer and leaned in until his lips were right by the others' ear. "I like you Taemin ah... I have for," Jongin cut off the sentence to pull some things out of his back pocket. Taemin furrowed his brows in confusion when a small, cold object was slid on his finger. "a really long time. I know that you like me too, everyone, kinda does actually.. so do you wanna, maybe, be my boyfriend?" 
 
Jongin's voice wavered towards the end, not quite knowing what to say to a boy. More like the boy that stole his heart. As the dark haired boy pulled away he noticed his little crush, smiling like an idiot in his arms and looking down at the ring that he pulled off his finger. The ring was simple, a periwinkle flower right in the middle of the silver ring. If you looked closely, you could see that there was writing on the ring.
 
The ring was gently pulled from the smaller boy's hands. Taemin glanced up in curiousity and Jongin pointed out the writing. The red haired boy took the ring back into his hands and read the writing, a blush and a cute smile making its way onto his face.
 
'Happy memories for you and me~'
 
~
 
Three years later
 
Jongin looked up from the almost filled boxes when he felt the soft lips on his cheek. He smiled and turned around to see bright eyed Taemin, ring still frimly around his left ring finger while another occupied the one on the right. 
 
"Hey..." Taemin said softly, sliding his sleeved arms up to Jongin's shoulders while strong arms curled themselves around his waist. "You know," Taemin looked behind Jongin to look at the moving boxes. "We don't have to go if you don't want to.. We could always wait until we finish college before moving." The smaller male said uncertainly.
 
The couple was currently packing for America. After Jongin decided he wanted to spend the rest of his life with the red haired boy, he got rings and purposed on their third anniversary together which, was also Taemin's birthday. It was raining, just like three years before. But of course, to get married the couple would have to go where it's excepted. America.
 
Taemin was thrilled but Jongin was the one planning everything. He was stressed. Noticing this, Taemin did everything he could to make him comfortable and tried his best to talk his fianceé out of it. But Jongin always said that he wanted to go. He never turned his back on it.
 
With a light chuckle, Jongin placed a soft kiss on his lover's lip before answering him. "How many times do I have to tell you? I want to go, Taemin-ah. I wouldn't have purposed if I wasn't commited to it." 
 
Said boy just hummed and leaned himself on the broad chest of the one holding him. Jongin just gave another chuckle and pulled Taemin closer, rocking them side to side. The smaller boy twirled around in his grip, letting his back rest onthe other's chest. They relaxed like thhat, just swinging side to side. Eventually, Jongin's hands found Taemin's smaller ones. He came in contact with the ring that he gave his little lover three years back.
 
He sigh and leaned down so that his lips were right next to Taemin's ear and said.
 
"New happy memories for you and me~"
 
It started raining not to long after.
 
~END~
 
A/N 
...cute right? :D this story was originally supposed to be posted on Taemin's birthday, but there wasn't enough rain for me to complete it. I wrote this on my porch (that has a roof and screens, no worries) while it was POURING. I just couldn't get the feels right without the rain.
 
I hope all you TaeKai fans enjoyed this ^^
 
Think of this when it rains~ XD
 
Luci~<333
 
Song of the chapter: rain :P