The Cycle

Always Come Back For You

 

MUST LISTEN TO WHILE READING: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl7spqkXgpY

 

 

 

 

 

Get in and get out that was the mission, just like any other one.

 

Running from the building, the boys cheered, their mission being completed. It was their umpteenth successful mission as a unit. Proud wasn’t even the word that could describe how Yongguk currently felt about his unit of men. Ever since they became a unit, they have done nothing but grown into the best.

 

Walking back to the given destination, Yongguk high-five Zelo before the younger boy ran in front of him.

 

That’s when he heard it, her voice. It was as if his entire being was tuned to her, nothing new to him.  How could he forget what today was, the time wasn’t on any of his pictures. Not that he cared, he would never give up a chance to see her again.

“You guys go ahead, I will catch up with you in a bit,” he stated as he began to follow the voice, not even waiting for an acknowledgement from the other five.

Left, then a quick right and he found himself in front of an outdoor florist. Flowers were always her favorite.

His eyes scanned between the rows of flowers. His breath hitched as he caught a glimpse of her between the arrays of roses.

With slow steps he followed the laughter. He shouldn’t be doing this, that he new. He had to follow the rest of the group back to the pick up destination; he couldn’t afford this extra time. He knew that was an excuse, they had a good thirty minutes before they traveled back.

His heartbeat so loud, he thought it would explode. Finally he made his way to her. Her back was to him while she chatted on the phone, her laughter once again making its way into his ears, causing a bittersweet chuckle to leave his mouth. The brief sound causing the woman in front of him to turn around.

“Umm..Hi,” he said out nervously. God you would think being the captain of one of the best units in the Intergalactic Army would give him some type of confidence, but she always disarmed him.

“Mom, I’m going to have to give you call back, yeah, love you too,” the beauty before him said as she hung up the phone, placing it back into her purse, “Um, Hi?.”

An awkward silence engulfed the two as Yongguk simply stared at her, taking her all in.

“I’m sorry do we know each other? I can’t help but get the feeling that we have met before?,” the curly haired girl asked as she fidgeted under his gaze.

“Not yet,” Yongguk whispered out as he moved slightly closer to her.

“I’m sorry what was that?,” the woman asked as she too stepped closer.

“Uh, nothing, sorry”

“Ooookay, well I’m Leslie,” she said out as she extended her hand out to him. She was always so confident, one thing he loved about her.

“I’m…I’m Bang,” Yongguk stated as he took her hand in his, shaking it. He couldn’t give her his name, that he knew, they technically haven’t even met yet.

It was then that he felt a hand on his arm

“Guk, we have to go, it’s time,” Himchan said quietly as he took in the scene before him, his glance falling onto the dark skinned beauty standing in front of the two, a bittersweet smile on his face, “Hello Leslie, you look beautiful as always.”

Shock soon surfaced on her face as she registered that the new stranger new her name.

“How do you know my name?,” she asked the shorter male.

With the same bittersweet smile on his face, Himchan stepped from around Yongguk, grabbing her hand lightly, kissing it. “I miss you Les.”

Leslie watched as the other mysterious man walked off before averting her gaze back to the one named Yongguk, “How, how did he know my name?,” she asked searching his eyes.

Yongguk moved closer to her, his time was coming to an end. Slowly he brought his hand up to cup her face. He watched as fear quickly crossed over her eyes before settling into comfort, a reaction he knew she simply could not understand just yet. God why did he put himself through this torture.

Without thinking he cupped the back of her head, bringing her lips into his, and like every time she didn’t fight him, its as if she somehow knew that he was hers, even if at this point in time they were complete strangers.

Passion, regret, guilt, longing, sorrow, were all the emotions Yongguk spilled into the kiss before pulling away and bringing her flush against him, hiding her from his tears.

He inhaled her scent deeply, ingraining it into his being, not that he could ever forget.

“I will love you for eternity Leslie,” he whispered into her hair before kissing her forehead one last time. The alarm on his watch went off, alerting him that he now had five minutes to get back to the pick up site.

With a pain he would never wish upon anyone he slowly pulled away from the only woman he had ever and will ever love. Giving her one last glance he turned and walked out of the makeshift florist, biting his lip to hold in the sobs.

Once he finally made it back to the pick up site, he had composed himself, after all he was the captain and he did not need his men seeing him in such a state. He knew they would never judge, they were all there that fateful day, so they knew what this meant for their leader.

All eyes were on him as he made his way into the buildings elevator.

“Ready boys?,” he asked looking around. After a round of quick nods the six members of B.A.P. Section 5 closed their eyes and allowed the white light to overtake them, sending them back to where they belong, the future.

Upon their arrival back, the six heroes were greeted by their colleagues, congratulating them on a job well done. After making the required small talk Yongguk found himself traveling down a hallway he hadn’t taken in years.

He punched in the code to his private room, a room no one else in the department, hell his life even knew about. His heart hung heavy as he looked around.

Every single wall was covered in pictures. Pictures of them together, but mainly just of her. Her smiling, laughing, flipping him off, he had it all, every  memory recorded. With unsteady breath he walked up to his favorite, her smiling at him over her shoulder.

Shaking hands lifted themselves to the picture as he took it off the wall and just stared at it, the memories flooding his mind.

He didn’t realize how he never saw her, sure they had the same group of friends and often saw each other at gatherings, but tonight under the lights of the rooftop party, Yongguk SAW Leslie, and he’d be damned if he ever let her out of his sight again

“Are you asking me out on a date Yongguk?” “Well yeah, I guess so” “Ok, pick me up at 7”

 

After asking her out at the party and having a few dates, Yongguk was smitten, hell who was he kidding he was head over heels in love with this girl.

“So does that make us like official then now” “Yongguk kissing me after three dates does not make anything official yet, besides you haven’t even officially asked me” “Leslie Ann Smith, will you do me the honor of being my one and only?” “Well since you put it that way”

Yongguk couldn’t believe the opportunity that had been given to him and his five friends, be able to become heroes, and help save the world, how could he pass this up, now if only he could get his girlfriend on his side.

“So let me get this straight, this man is offering you and the rest of the guys an opportunity to save the world? “Yes” “And its through time travel?” “Yes, doesn’t that sound amazing?!” “It does, but time travel has only been tried on a few people, what if something happens to you?” “I will always come back for you Leslie”

“Leslie, baby stay with me, cmon dammit don’t you do this to me, don’t you leave me!” “It…it’s ok, it had to be this way, this had to happen” “No!, I can’t do this without you, baby I can’t live, not without you, someone call an ambulance!” “I lo..lo..love you” “Leslie…leslie…no no no no, c’mon baby God no please, Leslie!”

“Yongguk wait, where are you going?” “Where the hell does it look like? I’m going back to save her Daehyun” “Guk…you know you can’t do that, it would change everything as we know it” “I don’t give a damn, I need her back Daehyun, I can not live a life without her” “You promised her you wouldn’t go back, that you would accept destiny”

Yongguk stared at the pictures around him as brought himself out of his thoughts.

He knew that he could never save her, no matter how many times he tried the same outcome came about, the love of his existence, dying in his arms.

So after a while he stopped trying to save her, locking her away in his heart. He thought he could just live day to day but seeing her today awoke something in him.

Snatching his favorite pictures of her off of the wall he decided to do something he hasn’t done in a while. Flipping one of them over he looked at the date and time written on the back. He knew this would only hurt him in the end, but he needed this more than he needed air.

That was the thing he hated most about his ability. Sure, being able to travel back in time had its benefits, being able to prevent evil from ruling the world and making sure everyone knew peace, but he was never able to save her. So instead he did the next best thing, he traveled back in time to the date and time on the pictures so that he could once more, even if just for a moment, he could be with her.  A vicious cycle that he never truly intended on breaking.