Min Ho

The Broken Heart

 

The smell of fresh air filled the yard as he walked out of his house. He had to be early today because he didn't want to have to argue with his mom again about the terrible test score he had gotten a few days ago. 

She was another busy business women. Perhaps too busy to care about his needs and his problems. All she would say is how disappointed she is and how she knows he could do better. Of course, she wouldn't have time to listen to his problems and reasons. She would have to go and attend her office because she would be too late. 

Now Min Ho had found an easy solution to that. All he would have to do is to get out of the house earlier and put his headphones on as he walks to school like he doesn't care. Then she would come home late, probably when he's long asleep; or is supposed to be. 

Thats how it went most of the time really. It had been about 2 years now that Min Ho had been too lazy to care. He fails a test? No worries. At the end of the line, he flunks high school but with all the money his mom has, he'll pass it anyways. He will also replace her when she's gone. So his future is secured. No worries whatsoever. 

There was no sight of another student going in to the school as he reached the school grounds. He wasn't expecting to see them anyways. It was long before the bell would even begin to ring but that was what was nice about being Rich; not having to worry about the rules. 

He was let in to the school easy without even being asked a question. They would even thank him too for attending the school. Imagin the only son of the humongous Lee Company attending somewhere and how that reputation would help the school. He dare say it, they were lucky to have him there. 

He walked through the empty hallways, his steps echoing as he went. Maybe he was too busy listening to music to hear anyone talking to him because he suddenly felt someone tapping on his shoulder. 

Turning back quickly, he was met by the sight of his math teacher, Mr.Park.  He mentioned at him to take his headphones off and Min Ho slighty groaned and did accordingly. 

"good morning Mr.Lee. I see you are here earlier today." 

"Yep" Min Ho said impatiently. 

His teacher looked at him thoughtfully. "Don't you think this is the perfect timing to re-do your test so you get a better grade?" 

Min Ho sighed. "Mr.Park, I don't care that I failed. I'm more than happy with my grade. Thanks for the offer." 

He turned back to leave but was stopped by his voice. 

"Lee, I know you went through a lot. But this is not the way. I want the good student that I had 2 years ago back." 

At the mention of 2 years ago, all the bad memories came flying back to him. He was going to run away. He wasn't going to stop running away. 

Little did he know that the trouble was just going to start.