Flight 1

Under The Same Sky (같은 하늘 아래)
Please log in to read the full chapter

  

(photo credit from Google images)

 

 

[FLIGHT 1]

The Arrival

 

"Leanna!" Luis suddenly yelled. He's inside the bathroom. He was already calling my name for almost 20 minutes like a lost goat. And yes, I am not answering.

"I'm busy!" I yelled back.

I am preparing his lunch for school and I'm starting to hate him now. Or maybe I could mess up his lunch?

Mom already went to work. She's a high school teacher in our community while Dad's still working on his papers for our migration to San Francisco and his flight going to SF soon.

 

"Make it fast! I'm going to die here!" he continued shouting. He really got on my nerves so I went to fetch him a pale of water.

We don't have our own water line so we still need to save water from our two neighbors because they are the only suppliers of water in our community.

"Next time, I'm gonna drown you in a big pail of water!" I sighed loudly and then went out.

"I'm sorry, Leanna. I have to meet someone important today and I'm not able to accompany you. If you want, you may go to Rosa's house, she's there."

I stared at their simple bungalow house. It looked fresh and calm. It has a mini-garden where Mrs. Lina, Mrs. Rosa's daughter, plants flowers. Still amazed, I unconsciously put down the pail.

"Mrs. Rosa! Are you there?" I shouted. "Mrs. Rosa? Yuhoo—" 

"Boo!" Someone tickled me! And when I turned to see him, I glared at Reggie, my bestfriend, and hit him!

"Whooaa! That hurts!" he yelled but still laughing at my reaction. I really wanted to punch him! 

A sound caught our attention so we glanced at the gate.

"Hi," Mrs. Rosa greeted. I immedialtely apologized for making noise.

She smiled, "Come in."

It's not that big when you look from the outside, but the atmosphere inside is really calming and pretty cool. Black and white theme. They do like paintings. Weird ones though.

I remember the last time I went here was when I was playing with Champ, Mrs. Lina's son and my childhood friend. Maybe that was eight years ago? I didn't have the chance to go again since my mom used to tell me I shouldn't go to anyone's home comfortably. I shrugged at the thought.

Their phone rang so Mrs. Rosa excused herself. My eyes still wandered the view inside. It really changed, of course.

"Do you think she's lonely? Mrs. Lina's always at the city. Also, Champ."

"Probably."

"Well, we should not bother since her other grandson will be here," he claimed. "I should go for the water," he suddenly stormed out. I stared at his back.

Other grandson? I didn't know that! But I remember the commotion they were all making, and it was actually true?

 

"When will you exactly go back here, dear?" I heard Mrs. Rosa's voice from the room. Speaking of the devil... Wait, was I eavesdropping?

Please log in to read the full chapter