Final

My Guardian Angel

Onew felt helpless as he watched the little girl writhe in pain. Every time she wakes up her face scrunches up at she whines. They put her under medication then she sleeps, features relaxing, a smile finally gracing her lips. To say that he was torn was an understatement. He doesn’t want to lose his baby girl but neither does he want to see her suffer. If only he could take away the pain he would but he cant. Even his money cannot do anything for his precious little one.

 

Hours pass by and he sat beside her bed holding her tiny hands in his, hoping that GOD would guide him to the right decision. He felt her hands move, signaling that she is about to wake up. A signal for another episode of painful cries and tears. Onew braced himself for what was to come.

 

The grip in his hand tightened and it took all his courage left to look at his angle’s face.

 

“Hi baby, feeling any better?”

 

His princess just smiled. She smiled. A genuine smile.

 

“Appa….i love you”

 

Onew can’t take it anymore. Tears that had threatened to spill flowed freely down his cheeks. He held her hands tightly, close tohis face and planted as soft kiss on the back of her hands.

 

“I love you too baby. So much.”

 

The little girls eyes met his as she spoke.

 

“Appa you’ll be fine right?”

 

It struck him like a ton of bricks. His baby girl has reached her limit. He saw her worry as she waited for an answer. Despite her condition she was still trying to look out for him. She is indeed his angel.

 

“I will be. You’ll still look after me right?”

 

In that moment they understood each other. She was free to go. Appa was letting her go and she knew how much courage her dad had to muster to say those words.

 

“always appa. Always.”

 

Onew stood up and planted a soft kiss on her forehead. He started to hum a soft lullaby as she closed her eyes. Tears were running down his eyes but he felt a wave of comfort. His baby girls suffering is about to end.

 

 

Beep…..

 

 

-------///-----------------

Thank you for reading till this point.

~AnotherWriter