1/1

Holding Hands

 “Hand,” Daehyun said holding his hand out to Jongup.

“This is weird,” Jongup said looking around at all their classmates walking by to get to the school not noticing them standing off to the side.

 “Holding hands with your boyfriend of five months is weird? Gee, thanks,” Daehyun grumped crossing his arms over his chest looking off at the school gate. Jongup sighed looking back at him, giving him a nudge.

“Hey I – I didn’t mean it like that, I just…I’m not into PDA. You know this,” Jongup grabbed at the fingers from Daehyun’s right hand that were peeking out from under his left. Daehyun stared at their fingers as Jongup rubbed his thumb over them.

“Can we just do this once…then if you really don’t like it then we’ll just be.” Jongup looked up at him as if really considering this offer. He looked over at a few of their friends walking through the school gates with their respective other looking perfectly content. He looked over at Daehyun only to see the boy with a very lazy smirk on his face. He leaned over giving Jongup a kiss, and leaned back saying “Deal?”

He held his hand out to Jongup again but this time he kept walking towards the school; holding his arm back for Jongup to grab. Jongup shook his head at Daehyun as he got further and further away not knowing how he ended up with such a boyfriend.

“Come on Guppie!!” Daehyun stopped at the gate and stared back at Jongup now gaining the attention of some other students who stared at him also. Though his ears were burning and his face was flushed he tried to look as calm as possible as he walked over to Daehyun and – somewhat hesitantly – grabbed his hand proceeding to drag him all the way inside to his classroom the sound of Daehyun laughing happily followed him the entire way.

When they reached his classroom Jongup released a breath - that he didn’t realize he was holding – and looked around, but saw no one was watching them or staring, they were like anyone else. Daehyun grinned likely catching on to what Jongup was doing.

“Seeeeee no one cares, holding hands is fine right?” Jongup shrugged readjusting his bag on his shoulder. “Kisses too?” Jongup’s eye went wide ready to object but Daehyun was already attacking his lips allowing the kiss to get a little deeper before pulling away smiling at Jongups now slightly swollen lips.

“See you at break,” He said with a slight rise in the pitch of his voice. Jongup glared at his back as he walked away wanting to punish him for that later.

“Hey, are you done staring at your boyfriends ?” Junhong asked poking his head out of the sliding glass window above his seat in their classroom. Jongup glared up at his friend who only laughed in response. He took one last look in the direction that he’d last seen Daehyun and thought to himself that maybe holding hands was okay, and the occasional kiss in school.