whispers

Careless Whispers

 

 

Maybe for some, it was just a natural act the two eldest members would do: A simple act, nothing too suspicious. Yet it wasn’t so much as simple when each time, it lingers more than it should.

 

It was a natural thing to do, to lean in and whisper the things to say when the blasting music was deafening. It started with just “Hyung, your shoe laces are untied.”   As the vocalist was concerned with the sangtae induced leader who would whisper back “Thank you Jjong.”

 

It was innocent, no malice whatsoever.

 

When their first concert occurred, Jonghyun leaned in, hot breath on the leader’s neck, and whispered, “They love us hyung.” Jinki felt his heart skip a beat. He wasn’t sure why or how, but perhaps it was because of the overflowing love of the dearly beloved fans that they fondly called Shawols. “We love them too!” Jinki whispered back and Jonghyun nodded with a smile.

 

It was during SMTOWN when the leader confirmed what he thought was impossible. As Jonghyun leaned in to whisper again, Jinki felt shivers ran down his spine, the singer’s hot breath was doing something Jinki loved and hated at the same time. “Hyung, your song with Ryeowook hyung was wonderful.” Jinki smiled at that and whispered back. “Yours too Jonghyun, you were amazing.” He muttered as the sound of the ending song blasted and the water bottles emerged for the artists to play around with. They parted ways, grabbing each a bottle and drenching their label mates with the water and even splashing some on the fans near the stage.

 

As their phenomenal song Ring Ding Dong was released, and both of them recovered from Swine Flu, Jonghyun leaned in to his leader to whisper, Jinki instinctively wrapping one arm on the singer’s waist as he listened to the younger. “Hyung, I am so glad that you’ve recovered.”Jinki then looked at the smiling boy before pulling him towards his body and whispering back “I’m glad that you’ve recovered too.”

 

 It wasn’t until Lucifer was released that Jinki felt a little too scared of Jonghyun whispering to him. As Jonghyun approached him, Jinki took a nervous gulp and waited for the singer’s breath on his neck as he whispered “Hyung, you were so hot out there.” Jonghyun whispered and Jinki’s cheeks flushed, it was the first time Jonghyun had said something so teasingly to him, and on stage. “You too Jonghyun, you are hot!”Jinki whispered back but he was controlling himself from locking their lips into a lip lock, because they are pretty much exposed and on stage. Besides, were Jonghyun’s feelings the same?

 

By the time Jinki had experienced depression, Jonghyun was the first to leaned and whispered to him. “Hyung, please tell me what’s wrong, I want to help you.”Jinki shook his head, trying not to crack in front of everyone. “It’s better that you don’t” Jinki whispered back. Jonghyun was confused but he gave the older some space, he wasn’t sure if his persistence would do harm or good on their precious leader. But Jonghyun would only do harm, because by that time, Jinki was in pain due to Jonghyun’s frequent dates with countless girls. He knew it was stupid to feel hurt because who was he to Jonghyun? But Jonghyun meant so much more than a member and a band mate, Jonghyun had evolved into someone so dear and precious that it killed him as each date passed.

 

By the time he had enough courage to actually speak his mind, of his problems and his heart, Jonghyun slipped from his finger tips and it only made them drift apart in way Jinki feared. Jonghyun wasn’t the same as he; he was straight for ’s sake! So Jinki swallowed hard and isolated himself, he’d rather face it now than succumb to it later. Jonghyun never leaned in to whisper into Jinki’s ears that night, and Jinki placed a mask of smiles to hide his breaking heart.

 

It took a long time for Jinki to recover, to get used to not hearing Jonghyun’s voice so close to his ears, the younger’s hot breath on his neck and the possessive grip on his waist. He sighed loudly, he wasn’t even sure how he managed to overcome it, but he did and he got used to it eventually. Jinki sighed before placing his mask of smiles and then joined everyone on stage. He glanced over to where the vocalist was standing and he could hear his heart shattering again, why was it that painful?

 

He was standing on the far edge, staring out into the audience filled with pearlescent aqua blue light, when he felt familiar warmth approached him and that familiar hot breath on his neck. “Hyung, I’m sorry I got scared.”Jinki couldn’t help but be hopeful at this point. “But, I think I like you too.”Jinki released a breath that he never knew he was holding and the tears slowly brimmed on the side of his eyes. He felt the arms tighten around him and continued to speak in the most sincere voice that he heard the vocalist uttered. “Hyung, I hope I’m not too late.” Jonghyun finished and the tears on Jinki’s eyes fell, burying his head on the younger’s shoulder and everyone gathered for a group hug, SHINee World Tour was successful.

 

Every now and then, when the blaring music or the excited screams of the audience were making it hard to talk on stage, Jonghyun would lean in slowly, and Jinki would instinctively lean closer to him as well, seriousness plastered on his face as he waited for the whispers of the younger.

 

“Hyung, you look so hot tonight.” 

 

Jinki can’t help but grin, surely Jonghyun was up to something so he whispered back to him.

 

“I’m hotter later. “ 

 

They both grinned as they parted, knowing fully what those whispers do to them. Because to some it may have been a casual act, to them (and to shippers) it is what makes them real.

 

----

a/n: I wanted it to be like a drabble-ish but it turned longer than expected.. 

crappy story so I am not expecting much from it XD