Chapter 1: Do I look normal?

Junpaku no Tsubasa [Pure-White-Wings]

 

chapterone
"TELL ME MYUNGSOO, DO I LOOK NORMAL TO YOU?"

  Myungsoo was walking to his high school, feeling nervous since it was his first year and he had no friends. He stopped in the entrance of the school and crossed his eyes when a sakura peddle fell on his nose making him look at the sky where he saw someone standing on the edge of the roof.   

Being the person he was Myungsoo hurried to the inside of the home and he ran as fast as he could to the top of the building where he found the other a little close to the edge of the roof.   

“E Excuse me!” the exhausted male exclaimed and he looked at the boy who stood on top of the roof tops edge and he took a small step forward. “I I don’t know what you are thinking, b but don’t do it! If it wans’t for you , all the stories of this world would never exist so please...Spread your wings and fly.” The other turn to look at him and Myungsoo made a fist “That’s why, you can not die today or any other day!”  

 “I use to think that maybe I was better of dead, I use to walk around this cold and painful world thinking that my existence was not necessary, I had lost everything and everyone I was alone, I use to think, ‘Ah, in the end everyone leaves’, but you know I was wrong.”   

“Myungsoo.” The teacher called making the male look away from the window and to the teacher that was lecturing in front of him. The teacher could only let out a sigh when she noticed that Myungsoo had not being paying attention to any of the things that she had said in the past our or so.   Standing up the male looked at his teacher and bowed his head as an apology before he took his school bag and walked out of the class without a single word. It was as id he was a walking corpse that roamed around the world in search of something, that not even him knew he was looking for, all he knew was that he was alone.   

Myungsoo made quietly made his way out of school grounds and he buried part of his face on the scarf that was gently resting on his neck and stop when he got to a park. The male’s headed tilted when he saw a pair of swings that were unused by the children who now had smart phones on them.

  Without thinking the male made his way to the pair of swings and brushed off the snow that was resting alone on it. He then took a seat and looked at the sad sky that lured on top of him. “I use to believe that I was cursed, I use to think that my life was just a curse. Why can’t I be normal, why can’t I make friends just like everyone else? Why me?”  

 Myungsoo slowly started to push himself in the swing and he closed his eyes as the wind gentle caressed his hair and hummed softly into his ear a beautiful lullaby that was never played the same twice.  

 “Tell me Myungsoo... Do I look normal to you?”   

Myungsoo stood up at the thought of that memory and he held to his school bag tightly before he made his way out of the park and straight to his home. A home that always waited for him with wide open arms ready to embrace him no matter what.  

 “I’m home.” The soft voice of the teen said as he entered the dark house. Taking his shoes off the male the male walked straight to his room and laid in his bed while he covered his face with his left arm.  

 “Myungieeeee!!!” A male exclaimed before he jumped on the others back hugging him tightly. “Yah Sungyeol! I am going to fall over.” Sungyeol smiled widely and he snuggled on the males hair “It’s okay Myungie, it will only hurt a little.”  

 Myungsoo and Sungyeol both fell forward and Sungyeol laughed his off as Myungsoo rubbed hands. “That hurt you idiot!” Myungsoo exclaimed and Sungyeol smiled happily, “But it was fun right?” Sungyeol asked as he stood up looking down at his friends stretching his hand towards him “Lets go, Myungie.”  

 Myungsoo looked up at his friends and his eyes twinkled “You really are an angel.” Myungsoo thought at that moment before he took the others warm hand into his own “You are perfect in every shape, way and form, but I wonder...”  

 Sungyeol patted Myungsoo head gentle “You wonder why I am crying right?” Myungsoo’s eyes grew wide and Sungyeol smiled warmly at the other. “Tell me Myungsoo...Do I look normal to you?”  

 DING DONG! The bell rang signaling all the students that class was about to start. Sungyeol smiled waving at him and while he started to walk he said “See you next class, Myungie.” and then he disappeared from Myungsoo’s vision and into the wave of students that was surrounding them all the time.  

 Myungsoo walked through the white long halls and into his first class, the class was already full with students and chattering, the worlds everyone say was colorful while his was a monochrome color that only Sungyeol seem to be able to switch to a rainbow.  

 Myungsoo rested his cheek on the palm of his hand and he looked outside. The wind slowly helped the leaves of the trees dance around until they hit the floor where people would step on them not carrying for its little cries of pain. Around the world there was also creatures known to the human world as Ghouls. Misunderstood creatures that did everything they could to stay alive, just like a human.  

 “Do I look normal to you?” Was the question that kept on repeating over and over on the males mind. Myungsoo closed his eyes and he stood up at the sound of the bell. “I don’t know the answer to that question.” He thought at that time. What is normal? Was his question as well as What is not?  

 Walking to the roof top Myungsoo met up with Sungyeol back, standing on the edge of the roof. Myungsoo tilted his head and he made his way closer to the other but stopped at the sound of the other’s words “Don’t come any closer.” Myungsoo froze in his spot and Sungyeo slowly turned around. Myungsoo’s eyes grew wide when he saw the other’s eyes. “You are---.”  

 “Kill me!” Sungyeol yelled startling Myungsoo. “Kill me now!” Sungyeol’s head twitched and claws started to come out of the male’s hands. “Please.” Tears were now running down the male’s face and slowly dropping to the floor making a silent thud sounds that slowly broke Myungsoo’s heart into pieces.  

 “I knew.” Sungyeol whispered walking closer to the other “I knew you were one of them.” Myungsoo stepped backwards until he hit his back against the cold wall and Sungyeol stopped in few feet away from him “But, you were my first friends, the only person who treated me like a normal human, and I knew you knew what I was.”  

 Myungsoo made a fist and Sungyeol smiled sadly “Kill me Myungie.” Sungyeol whispered “Kill me before I kill you.” Myungsoo looked down as a tear slowly slide down his cheek and he put his hand in front of him as a weapon appeared. Myungsoo pointed his Scythe towards the other and he whispered “You are here by to be killed by my hands, you useless creature!” Myungsoo said crying as he headed towards his friends slowly.   Myungsoo lifted his scythe and he looked at Sungyeol before he brought it down stabbing the other right in the chest. Sungyeol held to the scythe as he coughed out blood and he smiled at Myungsoo “Myungie, I am glad I was killed by your hands.” He looked down and Myungsoo fell in his knees. “I am sorry.” Sungyeol whispered reaching towards the others hands gently taking them in his own. “Thank you... Myungsoo.” the other whispered “Now, spread your wings and fly.” Myungsoo looked as Sungyeol started to disappear and he screamed when the other as gone. ”SUNGYEOLLLLL!!!!” was the only thing he could say, it was the only thing he was thinking.  

 Myungsoo got home that day, it was the first time it had snowed in a long time, it was the first time he had felt pain in years, it was also the last time he smiled and the last time he saw those pure eyes that belonged to Sungyeol it was also the first time he answered to one of Sungyeol’s texts.  

 “Myungsoo you know, I use to think that maybe I was better of dead, I use to walk around this cold and painful world thinking that my existence was not necessary, I had lost everything and everyone I was alone, I use to think, ‘Ah, in the end everyone leaves’, but you know I was wrong. I use to believe that I was cursed, I use to think that my life was just a curse. Why can’t I be normal, why can’t I make friends just like everyone else? Why me? What did I do wrong? A part of me wanted to die, but it was wrong of me to feel that way, I am actually really glad I was born, I am happy that after moving around so much I got to this city and met the so called Cold Prince. Humans say that we are cursed that we are evil, but you, you never thought that did you? Even when you were a part of the Hunter organization not once did you think my kind was evil, a lot of humans hate us, but I had a friend who didn’t, and I finally realized that even if we are different there will always be an angel out there. ‘I wonder why he is crying?’ was something that I never answered you and the truth is, I cried because I knew my time was close, I knew I was about to lose control, but, I knew I would end up dying from your hands. I don’t know if our fates were sealed from the very star all I know is that it was because of you that I was able to keep on living with a smile on my life. Neh, Myungie remember when we first met? Remember what you said to me that day? I do and I will keep that in my heart for the rest of my life even if I do end up dying, that will always stay in my heart. Tell me, Myungsoo, do I look normal to you?”  

 Myungsoo opened his eyes and he looked outside “Morning?” he thought sitting up looking at the snow in the trees. “Again with the same dream?” the thought and he took out his phone and read the message once again. “Sungyeol you idiot.” He thought before answering the message he had not answered since the day that Sungyeol’s eyes stopped twinkling.  

 “I remember exactly the day we met and just like you that will be the only thing I will take to my grave.”   

Myungsoo made his way to his school and he stopped in the front of the gates when a snow flake fell in his snow making him look up at the sky as his eyes grew wide. “No way.” he breathed out before he started to run inside the sky bumping into a few people saying sorry and running to the stop of the roof top where he stopped in the door to catch his breath before he said.  

 “E Excuse me!” Myungsoo explained and he stepped forward “You do not look normal to me, but---.” Myungsoo paused and a tear rolled down his cheek “You look like an angel from here.”  

 “Pfft!”  

 Myungsoo made a fist when he heard the other laugh.  

 “You haven’t changed have you, Myungie?” Myungsoo looked down and then looked up when he felt a warm hand gently on his head. “Remember what you said to me the first time we met?” Myungsoo nodded and he tilted his head to the side.   

“If it wans’t for you , all the stories of this world would never exist so please...Spread your wings and fly.”  

 Sungyeol smiled and he whispered “Thank you... Myungsoo.”        

Myungsoo took a hold of Sungyeol’s hand and whispered “Tell me Sungyeol, do I look normal to you?”  

 Sungyeol chuckled and he wrapped his arms around the others body.   

“Sungyeol, you do look normal to me, but you look more like Sungyeol.” was the last text message Myungsoo was able to send to Sungyeol before he saw the other spread his pure white wings and flew away it was also the first time Myungsoo was able to smile and no longer run away. 

AUTHOR'S NOTESThank you for taking your time to read this