He's Back !

Just a Coincidence. .I Met You

Walking down the neighbourhood, here in Seoul when someone was tapping my shoulder. I put off my headphone, while River Flows in You on the play.

      I turned around. All I can see was him. Luhan, my childhood friend. We've known each other since high school. Went to the same school.

 

FLASHBACK

        Teacher :  Good morning pupils. Today, we'll have a new friend . From Beijing, China. Please be nice to him.                                 Say hi to your friends.

        Luhan    :  Good morning. I'm Luhan. Hope we'll be a good friends.

        Teacher :  Alright. Maddie, Since there's no one sits beside you, it'll be great if Luhan joins you.

        Me        :  Sure. Of course.

With that, Luhan came towards me. I mean, the desk besides me. Ugh ! Seriously !

It's not that I hate him. I don't even know him. It's just me. I'm not a talkative person. I don't enjoy being with people. That's why there's no one wanted to sits beside me. Easy to say, I'm quiet.

 

He started the conversation.

      Luhan : Hi.

      Me     : Hey.

      Luhan : What is your name ?

      Me     : I'm Maddie.

      Luhan : Nice name.

      Me     : Thanks.

And, silence.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

" Long time no see. " He started.

" Yeah. Maybe 3-4 years ? " I said. With a smile.

" Sort of. " He laughed.

" How's here ? " He asked.

" Not bad. Well, nothing easy at first. The language especially. But thank God, I'm capable to move on. "

" Great then. " He said.

" You're still the way you are. The way you talk. The way you smile. I could never forget that. " He added.

I can see a smile on his face.

" You're still the same too. "

" Oh yeah ? Like what ? "

" That naughty inside of you. You love to see me blush right ? "

I left him. Kinda teasing actually.

" Maddie, wait ! " He called me.

" Is this how you deal with your friends after 4 years ? " He said.

I turned around and gave him a wink.

" Hey, wait ! I'm not finish yet. " He added.

" Whatever. " I replied.

 

At the end of the neighbourhood, we arrived and came in to a cafe. That cafe, reminds me all the times we've spent together, back then in high school.

" Do you remember this place ? " He asked.

" Of course. This is our favourite place to hang out after school. " I said.

We served a place. Near the window.

 

" Again, near the window ? " He said.

" You never complaint before. What's the matter now ? "

" Alright alright. Not a big deal anyway. "

 

Later on, a waitress came towards us.

" May I have your order please ? " She said, looking at Luhan only.

 

I know Luhan is good-looking. I'm thinking the same too. Anyone would fall for him. But, seriously ? Be professional !

 

" What should we eat darl ? " He said. With a smile.

Darl ? Excuse me.

Nevermind. Let's play the game.

 

" A waffle maybe ? " I replied.

" Okay. Two waffles and two coffees pleease. And, make it cold the other one. That's all. "

 

" You remember. Cold coffee. " I said.

" Of course. How can I forgot ? It's your favourite. You would be mad if I ordered other than that. "

" Okay. You still remember the last part. " I smiled.

 

We were eating . And, a call for him.

He answered the call while I was looking the neightbourhood through the window.

 

" Hey. Hello. What are you looking at ? Are you thinking on something ? " He asked while giving me a hand gesture to get my attention.

" No. Nothing. " I said.

" I'm infront of you. I stared at you since few minutes ago. Lying isn't working this time. "

" Seriously, I'm okay. I'm fine. "

" Alright then. Finish your food. I'll take you to somewhere. "

" Where to ? "

" Finish your food first. And questions and answers are not allowed. Just wait for the right moment . "

He gave me a wink.

 

" Are you ready ? " He said, waiting for my hand.

" I'm ready. " Smiling, reaching his hand to get into his car parked nearby.

 

" Where are we going actually ? " I asked.

" Can I answer that later ? "

I just nodded at his words.

That's Luhan. I can say no more.

 

" School ? Are you serious ? "

" No kidding. Just trust me. "

 

There was a tree behind the school's hall.

 

" A tree ? " I asked.

" Look up Made. "

" What now ? A house ? I never know it did exist. "

" It's okay. Now you know. "

Alright. Another wink.

 

" Let me show you something. " He said. 

" I did this during our graduation day. I wanted to show you . Made me came to the hall again, searching for  you. But, that time, the others said that you're rushing back to your hometown, Tennesee. And I've been waiting for 4 years to show you this. I'm glad I'll do this finally.

" Here. " He pulled me to the backside of the tree.

MADDIE, WOULD YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND ?

My name was on that tree.

Silence for a moment.

 

" Look at me Made. "

SILENCE.

 

" You know what, I'm thanking you for being a good listener, such a great partner for this past few years. You always be there for me. You made me perfect. I counldn't ask for more. " I said.

" But, I can't accept you. I'm sorry. "

" Why ? I thought. ."

 

" It's okay. Let's call it off for now. I'll take you home. "

" Is it okay ? " I asked.

" I'm fine. It'll hurt me more if there's something bad happened to you without me knowing. Even after you rejected me. "

It'a a fake laugh that he gave.

" Okay. " I didn't say much. I know his feeling right now. I don't want to make it worse.

 

 

TO BE CONTINUE. . .