The Love hidden under a umbrella

The Love hidden under a umbrella

Author's note: While I was searching for inspirations, I thought about this plot and figured: I should write a drabble about this. So Ayeee, here y'all go. Nothing explicit, just a little sad. Hope you will enjoy this story. :3  

"Yah... The rain was pouring like mad I swear! My sweater is totally soaked! Gross much..." Jonghyun said as he took out the drenched sweater that was sticking on his body, face showing a clear display of annoyance. "Why aren't you wet?"  

"I got a pocket umbrella with me, I am prepared after all. not like you." I grinned, waving the pocket umbrella for a second, the wrapped it up and placed it in my school bag, slinging over my right shoulder.

As Jonghyun and I fooled around at the entrance of the school, my eyes took noticed of a male carrying a red umbrella. It was Lee Jinki, a senior older than me by 2 years. He closed the umbrella as he looked up from it, his dyed light brown, short hair perfectly styled, and there's no signs of water on it. It was still perfectly styled even in this heavy downpour. His silhouette stood out even amongst the crowd.   

"Kibum yah!" Jonghyun's voice brought me back to reality I jumped a little and laughed nervously to try and cover up what I was doing, I stole a glance at him one last time and walked off with Jonghyun, back to my own classroom. I spent the whole time day-dreaming instead.   

It was after school now, the rain is still pouring heavily from the sky. I walked towards the school entrance alone slowly as Jonghyun had to stay for extra lessons due to his falling grades. "Remember to bring me the limited strawberry bun tomorrow!" Jonghyun's voice flashed through my mind, as I scoffed at him mentally. I reached the school entrance, ready to walk home already. Just then, I saw Jinki, for some reason, he just stood there with a blank expression, not opening the umbrella he had in his hands.   

I walked beside him, and quietly said, "It might rain even heavier, so I think you should go home quickly."  

"Sorry?" He turned his head towards me, looking a little confused.  

I quickly dashed off from the school entrance as I opened my pocket umbrella. I am always a little tense around him. 

**********************  

"The art club president Jessica is looking for you."  

"Kim Kibum-ssi?"  

"Oh. Yeah sure, thank you." I was surprised that he suddenly talked to me. I took the juice I just bought from the vending machine and quickly brushed it off as I bowed lightly.  

"You know, about yesterday, I am like a son of the rain and I always bring a umbrella with me just in case, so there's no need to worry about me. Still, thanks for your kindness of yesterday." He spoke once again, looking at me with that blank expression once again.  

"Ah. Is that so?" I said, "I am glad." I bowed lightly once again then walked off to find the art president. He faintly smiled at me and then walked off, towards another direction. My heart is literally beating so hard that I might break my ribcage. It's the first time I had ever seen him smile, it was so beautiful and peaceful. I looked back once again to see his silhouette disappearing into the crowd in the corridor. It was incredible how he know about my name, despite me being the one who is observing him from a distance.  

Hearing what he said just now about being the son of rain, I thought about him once again. It's true, his fair skin and that neatly styled hair made him look like a rain fairy, always standing in the rain with that red umbrella of his. Slowly walking forward, to a place I would never know.  

He is really, really...

I looked back once more, he had already blended into the crowd.

*******************

  Jeez, it's been raining for quite a lot in the recent months. Deciding to skip the after school art club session, I went to the convenience store to get a little snack to eat or something. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw the art club president just standing outside, at the entrance ready to go off.  

Damn, if she caught me skipping sessions, my head will come off. I decided to observe her a little. She was standing under a red umbrella, and standing beside her is a figure taller than her. She was smiling brightly and joking around, which made me feel a little unfair, seeing that she can have fun and skip off for a little while as she holds the highest position in the club.   

Suddenly, I took notice of the taller person beside her. He was carrying the red umbrella gently. He looked over to my direction, and our gaze met.   That red umbrella dazzles me.

******************  

So that day, he was waiting for someone else. It's not like I was very surprised. My mouth slightly opened a little as I was still dazed there, standing at the school entrance. A hand tapped my shoulder with cheerful energy, "Yah, shouldn't you go home?" The art club president, Jessica asked me.  

Just when I was about to reply her, a voice came from the direction from my right, "Darling." The voice was deep, like a man. I looked towards him as Jessica walked towards him gleefully, "Jeez, you didn't need to wait for me you know." The man carrying a red umbrella is the famous senior, Choi Minho. Their relationship was close, like a couple. Looking at Minho, my mind clicked, isn't he the one who is always together with Lee Jinki?    Suddenly, Jinki popped out beside me, with a blank expression once again, "That guy beside the art club president was my best friend. Also her boyfriend." He spoke once more again, hands clenching and relaxing, "That's why, you had mistaken our relationship. She isn't someone who play around." His volume lower a little as he continued to look at the couple, who is now holding hands, walking further away from the school entrance. Smiling blissfully at each other, unlike the atmosphere of where I am standing right now.   

I looked at his pale hands, now shaking a little bit, and asked him, "Didn't you take the umbrella?" I said quietly.  

"No, because I know Minho will come for her. There's no reason for me to take the umbrella, no excuse for me to walk together with her anymore." He said softly, his face showed a hint of sadness and loneliness, even though he smiled to himself.  

The rain continued to pour. The rain drops are small, but the sound of it tapping against the surrounding, and the umbrellas of many students are significant. The rain is like his feelings for Jessica, those rain drops may be created by the fairy of rain, made by his unrequited love and his persistence in taking the umbrella to shelter the one he loved. He had hidden all his feelings and love under the red umbrella that dazzles me.  

I took out the pocket umbrella from my bag, turning to face him, "If you don't mind, would you like to share a umbrella with me and go home together?" I said as I felt my face heating up little by little. My heart thumping at a incredibly fast speed.  

Just like how the president had ignored his love, just like him, who doesn't know the love I had harboured in my heart for him. In the same way, just like how Jinki-ssi doesn't know the reason why I had the pocket umbrella with me. He would never know.  

It's still raining.