Final

Comfort

Chinen Yuri had to restrain himself from wanting to rush over to his best friend, NMB48's Watanabe Miyuki's side. He was doing a live radio show with his bandmate, Okamoto Keito while NMB48 were holding their 4th anniversary live. Miyuki had called him just moments ago in tears and Yuri realised that her good friend Yamada Nana was going to graduate from the group. Yuri knew from his NYC bandmate, Nakayama Yuma, who was also Nana's younger brother, that his sister intended to announce her graduation today. Yuma told Yuri beforehand as he knew that Yuri and Miyuki were best friends. Yuri decided to visit Miyuki after his radio show. He texted her that he would be meeting his parents and her mother were going to be there too. Miyuki agreed and said that she would meet him there.

Yuri and Miyuki met more than ten years ago. Miyuki was from Nara while Yuri was from Shizuoka but their parents apparently knew each other and they got to know each other when they were younger. Yuri soon joined Johnny's as a trainee before debuting in 2007 as a member of Hey!Say!JUMP while Miyuki auditioned for NMB48 in 2010 and debuted as a first generation member. Yuri and Miyuki kept their friendship a secret as Miyuki was under a "no dating ban" but revealing their friendship wouldn't do either of them any good as well. Their fans were sure to make a fuss especially with Miyuki's "ideal girlfriend" image and Yuri's "innocent" image.

Miyuki got into various scandals with her image but Yuri always believed her as he knew who she really was. Yuri knew that Miyuki's parents were divorced and Miyuki grew up without her father and her mother usually worked late into the night. Miyuki became independent at a very young age and she realised that her intense dance schedule of going to dance classes six days a week were taking a toll on her mother who worked to pay for her education. Miyuki decided to stop going to dance class during her 2nd year in high school, which was also when she decided to audition for NMB48. But unfortunately for Miyuki, her "ideal girlfriend" image created several misunderstandings which resulted in scandals. But in actuality, Miyuki was a quiet girl who prefers to listen to others. Miyuki was very optimistic but she often hides her insecurities with smiles. Yuri knew this side of Miyuki but many others didn't, Yuri thought that perhaps even some of her closest group mates didn't either.


"Chinen, do you want to go for dinner together?" Asked Keito, as they exited the studio.

Yuri shook his head, "I'm meeting my family."

Keito nodded, knowing that Yuri treasured the time that he spent with them due to them living in different cities. Yuri headed to the restaurant in a disguise and he found his parents with Miyuki's mother chatting. Yuri took his seat just as Miyuki arrived, Miyuki had a beanie and sunglasses on. Miyuki flashed a smile before taking her seat which was in between her mother and Yuri. Miyuki removed her sunglasses and Yuri saw that her eyes were puffy.

"I had a feeling that she was going to announce it but I didn't think that she would announce it tonight. She told me that she wasn't going to graduate anytime soon yesterday." Sniffles Miyuki.

"I know that the news was going to be hard on you, that's why I didn't tell you anything." Spoke Yuri.

Miyuki narrowed her eyes, "You knew?"

Yuri nodded slightly, "Yuma told me, since he knew that we are friends. And besides you should hear it from her personally, that way you can send her off beautifully."

Miyuki paused before sighing, "I guess that you are right."

Yuri raised his glass and Miyuki did as well, their mothers knew that the both of them weren't fond of alcohol even though they were legal to drink, so they ordered juice for them.

"So how's life been treating you?" Asked Miyuki.

"I have a new drama, but I'm playing a student again. What about you?" Replied Yuri.

Miyuki giggled, she knew that Yuri wanted to play roles that were adults and not students. But due to his short stature and baby face, Yuri found it hard to succeed in auditions for older roles.

"I'll be releasing my solo single soon, SKE and NMB are having tours and AKB is releasing their new single soon." Replied Miyuki.

"Congratulations, on your solo debut. I hope we get to see each other on music shows soon." Smiled Yuri.

"And good luck on your drama." Smiled Miyuki.

Miyuki picked up her chopsticks and placed a piece of yakiniku on Yuri's plate. Yuri smiled and did the same for Miyuki. They were used to it by now, it was a routine for them ever since they were kids. Miyuki gently laced her free hand's fingers with Yuri's underneath the table.

"Thank you for always believing in me, you're a great best friend." Whispered Miyuki.

Yuri smiled, "Thank you for always being there for me, maybe we can be something more than best friends next time."

Miyuki was genuinely surprised but she smiled, "Maybe."

Yuri chuckled and patted Miyuki's head as she ate her yakiniku. Perhaps their friendship was enough for now, after all they didn't need anymore negative publicity especially since their careers were going so well.