Chapter 1

You're my melody

Chapter 1

The alarm went off earlier than usual much to your annoyance. Not really a morning person but you got to wake up early because today is a long day. You got out of bed and went straight to the bathroom. You looked like you just stepped out of a horror movie and scream bloody mary. All that tossing and turning made your hair really messy. Talk about bed hair.

You yawned and absentmindedly brushed your teeth in front of the mirror trying to wake up. Living alone has its perks. Don’t have to share the bathroom with anyone and can even go or just an underwear and no one will bother you. This sort of freedom is the reason why you want to have an apartment and live alone much to your parents chagrin.

You came from Japan and came to Seoul to study. You want to be a musician. Your father however, didn’t like it very much. You are an only child and he wanted you to learn how to take over your family’s chain of five star hotels. Unfortunately for him, managing a chain of hotels was never your forte. You never have been a people person. Your dad knows this but he still is stubbornly going on about you taking over the business.

Being an heiress is such a pain sometimes. Have to abide to all the rules which you can’t stand. So when you finally got a chance to study abroad, you told your parents you are going to Seoul. They weren’t very thrilled but your mom understood and managed to persuade your dad and so… here you are in a big city. A big girl living in a big, big world.

If her parents find out she is working part time though, they will have a fit. She works at a coffee shop. She never had a job in her whole life. Her parents will not let her work. She even asked them if she can work at one of their hotels. They agreed but then she doesn’t want anyone to know that she is the boss’ daughter and her dad wouldn’t have that. She just wanted to be an ordinary employee and not some director…. So she gave up on that notion. Sigh.

Here in this country, she can be just an ordinary girl who goes to school and work part time. No one needs to know her background and have them treat her differently. She just wants to experience life like normal people. Thankfully, her best friend Makoto was here a year before her. She managed to get a hold of him and he got her this coffee shop gig.

She is finally ready for school when there’s a knock on her door.

“Yuki chan~ It’s me Makoto. We are going to be late.”

She just rolled her eyes and looked for her shoes.

“Hai Hai~”

Makoto lives a few blocks from her apartment and they go to school together most times. She opened the door and was greeted by a smiling Makoto.

“Ohayo~ Yuki chan~”

She just looked at him and not bothering to smile. She just has that whats-so-good-about-the-morning face. She is really not a morning person. Makoto didn’t really mind that you didn’t respond. He already knows you hate waking up early that’s why he brought you some coffee.

“Here you go. Coffee for the grumpy monkey.” He said teasingly.

“Oi.” Is just what you said while narrowing your eyes at him but took the coffee gratefully. The warm liquid warming up your body making you feel good and happy.

“Now you’re happy.” He said, chuckling at your response to the coffee.

“Shut up Makoto.” You said but you have a slight smirk on your face. You two walked towards the school which is only four blocks from your apartment.

“I heard the boss’ son is coming over to visit the store. You work today?” Makoto asked while drinking his own coffee. The weather is cold early in the morning but it does warm up a bit but not that much in the afternoon.

“Yes, I close today because of violin practice. Why is the boss’ son going to be there?” You asked sipping more of the coffee to warm you and wake you up. You were only half interested at the conversation. Your brain is still not fully awake.

“You should know Yuki. Your family owns one of the largest hotel chains in Japan and they wanted you to visit one of them so you can be familiar with the business. “He said with a hint of mischief. He knows you don’t really want to talk about your family background.

“Ya know… If only you’re not my friend…. I would definitely strangle you.” You raised your hand and pretended to choke him but he moved away laughing.

“Makotooooooo!”

He just kept laughing and distanced himself a bit from you. Probably scared that you will actually choke him. Tempting but no. You were of course joking although you really didn’t want to talk about your family background. You two finally arrived in school and it’s time to start the day of your college life. At the back of your mind though…. You were curious what the boss’ son is like. Then again, you shrugged off that thought. It doesn’t really matter.

 

----

AN: HI THERE~~~ lol this is the 1st chapter.... its kinda long isnt it? lol ok for the POV its going to alternate to "you" to third person pov to "I" so please bear with me on that one coz it's easier for me to write it like that. hope its not confusing. WELL. COMMENTS, VIOLENT REACTIONS ARE WELCOME. VOTE AND SUBSCRIBE IF YOU LIKE~ THANK YOU GUYYYSSSSSS :D