Another night with you

Stay the Night

Key couldn’t keep himself from Jonghyun once again, and he found himself berating himself over this fact as he stared at the plain white ceiling after their recent lovemaking session.

He knew Jonghyun wasn’t asleep and was likely doing some thinking himself, though he wasn’t faced toward him. No matter how many times they told themselves that what the two were doing was wrong, they just couldn’t stay away from each other.

They were far too gone in their love for each other, and although Jonghyun was already in a relationship with another, the love the two shared for each other was completely on a different scale, much greater than any love either of them held for anyone else at any time in their lives.

Sitting up, Key turned and faced Jonghyun’s back and lightly tapped it. He only got a quiet hum in return.

“I’m taking my leave now, Jjong. I… I need to go back before it gets too late,” Key stated.

Turning to face him, Jonghyun took a hold of Key’s wrist to keep him from leaving the shared bed. Sitting up himself, he looked into Key’s eyes before speaking.

“You always say that, but you never do leave when you say you want to Key. Just stay the night, please. I want to hold you,” Jonghyun pressed.

As much as Key wanted to leave, he just couldn’t say no to the look in Jonghyun’s eyes. It was that factor alone that made him stay with his lover overnight countless times. It was those eyes that made him fall for him in the first place.

Not having anything else to say, Key simply allowed Jonghyun to pull him towards his bare chest and place his head on his pectorals, allowing him to hear his somewhat rapidly beating heart. Key closed his eyes and allowed himself to just hear.

“Do you hear my heart, Key? It’s beating a little faster than normal, right?”

“Yeah, I hear it… I don’t know why it is though… it’s just me,” Key replied, keeping his eyes closed.

“That’s just it; it’s beating because of you. You do this to me,” Jonghyun said.

“But,” Key hesitated. “What about Ha Neul?” At this, he looked up to Jonghyun.

“It is true that I love her, but not like I love you… I hate that I am doing this to her, because she definitely does not deserve this. At the same time, I can’t bear to let you go… I guess I’m in love with two people,” Jonghyun chuckled, trying to light the mood.

Key didn’t reciprocate his attempt at humor, and maintained his somber façade. Again, he tried to escape Jonghyun’s spell on him.

“I know, Jjong, I know… but I really must go now,” Key said, removing himself from Jonghyun’s hold. He got up from the bed and began collecting his clothing that was strewn around the bedroom. When he felt Jonghyun’s eyes linger on his back for a while, he turned to question him.

“Key, you and I both know that it is far too late and far too cold to be going anywhere, driving or not. Ha Neul won’t be back in town for another week, so put your things down and let me hold you,” he pleaded, swinging his legs to the side of the bed but not getting up from it.

Key silently looked at Jonghyun and almost immediately dropped his belongings where he stood. He put on his boxers before walking to the window overlooking Seoul below. Jonghyun couldn’t make out Key’s expression by looking at his reflection in the window, but once he heard sniffles he strode over to him. Enveloping him in a tight embrace, Key immediately poured himself out to Jonghyun.

“I know this is so wrong, Jjong, so, so wrong. I’ve never felt this way about anyone before, and I’ll be damned if I let it go… but I just… I can’t… I don’t know what to do anymore. We keep coming back to each other when we shouldn’t… what am I supposed to do?” Key wept, not averting his gaze from the city below.

Tightening his hold, Jonghyun gave a simple reply to the man before him.

“Just stay the night, Kibum,” suddenly calling him by his given name. “Just let me hold you until the sun comes up.”

Key lost all resolve to fight Jonghyun’s request. He knew that their next encounter would end just like this one and all of those previous, with Key spending the night with Jonghyun at his constant persistence. And so the two men held each other close, saying nothing and waiting for the morning light to come.

~~~

So... yeah... this was not planned, and I actually wrote this while avoiding an essay (that's almost done, I swear!!) that's due tomorrow... As mentioned in the foreword, I was inspired to write this when Mariah Carey's "Stay the Night" came on shuffle on my iPhone... haha, but it's good to have a good break from your work, right? I needed to do this, especially since my other works are currently on hiatus status. College is demanding, y'all. T^T But this is proof that I'm not dead! :D Ah, I really recommend listening to the the aforementioned song while reading this... it really sets up the mood. Who knows, I might even write a prequel to this~! ^^v