Part I

The Lovely Start

 

PART I

      Every Shinhwa members could not be gladder when the meeting for the trademark issue was finally over. Minwoo was the first one to get ride of his tie, followed by Eric soon after. The dancer was still wondering how the man could hate ties so much when he had to wear them so often because of his position as CEO.

It was no existential question though so he quickly forgot about it to get inside the van and take the wanted place on one of the single seat. Hyesung and Dongwan barely argued about the seating and just got inside the vehicle, too tired for their childish bickering.

Sitting at the back, Eric slouched in the seat and closed his eyes before reposing his head against the window in an attempt to rest a bit. He had not slept well last night and this meeting with the lawyers of both parts had been strenuous and stressful.

The CEO could not wait for this case to be over. Shinhwa needed to focus on something else than money, and these people were forcing them to worry about things they did not want to. Even if Eric and Minwoo had learnt when opening Shinhwa company how much money was important; they did not want to become like these people wanting profit and profit only.

      The ride back at the company was quiet, the members individually busying themselves with either games on their phones, music or sleep. Dongwan and Eric were of course the sleeping ones, and when the vehicle made its final stop the short man jolted awake before glancing around in confusion.

"Time to go, Sleeping Beauty." Grinned Minwoo before exiting the van.

Dongwan blinked his eyes then looked over at the still sleeping Eric. Shaking the man softly, the CEO was not long before awaking and following outside the van.

"You're up for some practice ?" Joke the main dancer when they met inside the building.

Eric groaned then sent a glare at the shorter man who laughed back in amusement.

"You've plans for later ?" Asked Minwoo as conversation.

The rapper scratched the back of his head thoughtfully before answering. "I've a blind date at four… but I don't know if I'll go."

"Why not ? It could be fun."

"I don't know." Answered the older man with a shrug of his shoulder. "The meeting killed my mood and I'm tired."

"You're always tired." Joked back the dancer to which Eric answered with a smack of his head.

"Don't you have some music to work on ?" Growled back the leader, and chuckling, Minwoo patted Eric's shoulder.

"I'm on my way." He answered lively. "But you should give it a try. Who knows… maybe you'll meet the love of your life."

Eric rolled his eyes at the stupid younger man before shooting back in an exasperate sigh. "Just go away."

Laughing, Minwoo offered one of his bright smile before turning at the corner to head to the recording studio.

Left standing in the corridor, Eric was not sure what he wanted to do now. He had no real will to work and even less sign papers; but it was things he needed to do as the CEO. Hence, with a sigh he walked to his office and stayed there for the two following hours.

When he eventually exited the room he looked even more exhausted than previously, and thinking about this blind date waiting for him he could not help sigh.

Maybe he would go next time.

He was in no condition to meet a woman and just wanted to go home.

Deciding to end his day, he quickly checked in his head where the others could be at the right moment, and besides Minwoo working in the recording studio and Dongwan filming his new movie; the other members were free at the time.

Maybe he would call Hyesung later for a drink. He could even cook and invite his best friend over, who knows.

But first, he needed to sleep.

 

      On his way to the elevator, he met with one of the family living on the first floor. He recognized them quickly because he had always smiled stupidly when seeing the twins with their little sister.

The two four years old boys were like over protective brothers walking the little one year old girl around, even if their mother had her arms free and could take care of her. They always wanted to hold their sister's hand to help her walk.

Eric had always thought it was adorable, and meeting with the little family in the elevator immediately put a smile on his lips.

He greeted the mother and exchanged a few words before the elevator was on the first floor and let the family out. Eric waved at the kids who smiled back at him before walking to their door, the little girl's hand still in her brother's.

It was too cute.

Smiling like an idiot the all way up to his floor, he could not find the will to sleep anymore and decided once in his apartment to get ready for the blind date. He was suddenly in the mood and was even hoping to find his future wife.

Maybe it was the three kid's effect on him, but he could not stop think about them and this will he had to have children too.

Hence, when he stepped out of his apartment one hour later he was at his top and ready to give his all in the meeting. He had chosen thoughtfully his outfit and was hoping it was alright.

Minwoo was never there when we needed him.

But he had little chances to make a mistake with a suit, so it was with a rather light heart he started his car and headed to the chosen restaurant.

      Eric found himself anxious after parking his car. He had never felt so nervous before when meeting someone. Sure, he was not the most sociable one at first, but he had enough confidence to not stress about a meeting either.

It was not the first girl he would have a blind date with either, so he should just relax and breathe.

Doing so, he shut his eyes a second and breathed out deeply before heading towards the restaurant. It was not his life in line anyway, so he should just keep it cool.

When he asked for the wanted table, Eric was not expecting to find someone already there. It made him immediately nervous; because, was he the one late ? It was so bad if it was the case. What would think the girl ? He did not want to have an argument so soon, but if he was late…

"Hi !" He smiled almost stupidly when she looked up at him and smiled softly. "Huh… I'm Eric, nice to meet you."

"I'm Jang Yun Hee, nice to meet you too." She answered after standing up to shake his hand with a bow of her head.

Walking to his seat he asked with a nervous chuckle. "Am I that late ?"

She chuckled back and sat down. "No, don't worry. I'm just early."

"Oh."

He sat in silence for a spreading moment after that, and trying to figure out how to start a conversation, he did not notice immediately how Youn Hee looked around in discomfort.

"Hum…" She tried, making the leader's head snap up before their gazes met.

The two chuckled nervously and quickly looked away, Yun Hee having the advantage to have a cup of coffee to stare down at; unlike Eric who stupidly played with the invisible dust on the table.

"Well…" He tried this time, not wanting to be so awkward the all meeting. "What about introducing each other a bit ?" She nodded and waited for him to start. "Hum, well… I'm Eric Mun, but my real name's JungHyuk. I'm 36 and the leader of Shinhwa and, well… what about you ?" He quickly tried to divert the intention from him.

She smiled a bit nervously, played with her cup before starting. "Huh, I'm 28. I finished college six years ago. I was studying to be a surgeon, but…" She made a vague wave of her hand to avoid the subject and added. "Well, I stopped and started doing a lot of charity works. I actually live with my father, and I've an older sister who live in Europe with her husband. She's two daughters and a dog. He's called Botox, don't ask me why !" She said, laughing.

Eric found himself smiling softly, his gaze never drifting away from Youn Hee the all time she talked. She had some kind of softness when talking, something making her look fragile. He thought at this instant she was beautiful.

"Well…" She spoke again, looking up at him. "You said you were the leader of Shinhwa, can you dance for me then ?" At the look forming on Eric's face she could not help burst into laughter. "I'm kidding, don't worry. I'm just feeling really nervous, that's all. I've never done that before and…"She glanced up at him with a small smile before looking back at the cup on the table. "Well… You're Eric from Shinhwa…" She chuckled nervously. "What am I supposed to do ? I told my grandmother it wasn't a good idea… she's never listening to me."

Eric watched her ramble for herself with an amused smile plastered on his lips. He was not sure at first if they could try anything together, because she looked shy and weak; and Eric did not want a weak wife. But there was something in her, something in the way she had to be at moments that intrigued him.

At some times she looked like the typical submissive woman, but she had a sudden impulse and being like a really comfortable and confident girl.

Eric was not sure what to think, but he could not deny he was attracted.

 

***

 

      "So, how was it ?"

Looking at Junjin beside him, Eric wondered what he was talking about, then how he could know about the blind date, then why Minwoo was always such a noisy guy, then he wondered if he should kick the dancer's ; before wondering why he was feeling butterflies at the pit of his stomach at the memory of the blind date.

"Good." He grinned back, the expression on his face certainly saying a lot more to Junjin.

Said man smiled knowingly and patted the leader's back. "Looks like you found the one."

Eric's head whipped around, his eyes narrowing at the younger man before he said. "Don't say bull. We just met once, and it didn't last long. She had an emergency."

Still grinning annoyingly, Eric decided to just ignore the other rapper to eat. They were at a BBQ restaurant with a few other friends of Junjin, and even if enjoying the moment, the leader could not help think about Youn Hee.

The blind date had stopped too abruptly for his liking when they were eventually starting to get comfortable with each other. He did not know what could be her emergency, but after a single phone call lasting only a few seconds she was hurrying out of the restaurant.

Eric had not even tried to hold her back, because it seemed serious, and he even wanted to drive her back home. But she barely let him time to speak and just apologized for leaving so quickly before disappearing.

The leader was not sure if he was supposed to worry or feel offended by such behavior; because, not everyone was running away from him when on a blind date. How many times did he have to find a plan to get ride of the girl without hurting her too much ?

Too many for his liking, and here he was, over thinking about a girl who had maybe just played him to escape their meeting. But she seemed fine before the phone call, so maybe it was serious.

He did not know and was thinking too much about it.

Why was he so concerned about it anyway ? What the matter if she wanted to aborted their meeting and just wanted to get away from him ? It was not like it would change his life ? They did not even know each other, so he should not care so much.

But he could not help it.

 

 

      After two weeks without any news from Youn Hee, Eric was not sure what he was supposed to do. He was not one to run after girls, mostly girls he had just met. But he could not stop think about her either and needed to know if she was alright.

But how was he supposed to do that when she was not even answering his phone calls ? Was it the right number ? Maybe she had changed, or gave a wrong one. Eric did not know and was tired to think all the time about it.

Therefore, he decided to ask to his friend who had set up the blind date if he knew her address or right number. Said friend confirmed  he already had the right phone number, so the leader concluded she was either avoiding him or was in serious trouble.

He was no man to disregard such matters, and even if she just wanted to stop everything here between them, he wanted to hear it from her. Or at least have the confirmation he had nothing to hope anymore and should just forget about her.

      He waited the next day to drive to her house, or father's house, it was the same. He was surprised she was living in such area, and even more when he saw the luxurious house. His friend had just said Youn Hee's father was living well, but he had never said he was that wealthy.

Eric suddenly felt relieved to know he would not have to worry about Youn Hee's intentions. With the money her family had, he was sure she could not care less about his own fortune.

Ringing the bell, he waited a spreading moment before eventually someone opened the door.

The housekeeper seemed surprised to see him, and the look on her wrinkled face told him she recognized him; which made him smile.

"Good morning ma'am. Is Youn Hee here ?"

"Huh, yeah." She eventually answered after coming back to her senses. "Please, get in."

Eric was a bit surprised the lady let him in without even asking what he wanted; but he guessed it was his celebrity status doing this, which he was perfectly fine with.

"My daughter's a big fan of you. She's every Shinhwa goods possible in her room. Would you mind signing this for me ?" She asked once in the living room.

Smiling, Eric looked at the paper and pen in the lady's hand before taking it and signing it.

"Do you want a picture too ?" He asked pleasantly to the housekeeper's greatest surprise.

"You don't mind ?" She asked excitedly, and with a nod, Eric stepped beside the older woman to snap a picture with her phone. "Thank you very much. My daughter's going to be so happy. She loves you so much."

Eric smiled again before reminding to the woman why he was here in the first place.

"Ah, yes. Please forgive me, I was carried away for a second." She answered with a bow of her head.

"It's okay." He chuckled back with a charming smile. "It's always a pleasure to meet fans."

The lady smiled and did not deny she was a fan; which Eric had guessed at the moment she had opened the door. Only fans could have such look on their faces, and even if the housekeeper looked in her fifties, it did not surprise him.

"You're a good man." She complimented him with a gentle touch of his hand. "I'll get Youn Hee now."

He nodded and watched the woman head to the stairs. Once she was out of sight, he started looking around the room, finding the place beautifully decorated and disposed. It was spacious and he would love to have such house one day.

"She said she'll be there in a minute." Hearing the woman's voice in his back, he turned around and smiled, his hand still crossed in front of him politely.

"Thank you."

The lady nodded her head at him, smiled then walked away.

He felt a bit awkward waiting like this in the large living room and even wondered a second what he was doing here. He did not even know the girl and had met with her only once briefly.

He felt stupid at such fact, but footsteps coming closer quickly distracted him.

"Eric." Smiled Youn Hee when she arrived in front of him. "What are you doing here ?" She looked surprised, and tired, which concerned Eric.

"I was wondering how you were doing. It's been a while since the blind date and I was wondering if you were alright."

Youn Hee bit her bottom lip and lowered her head; and Eric swore he saw tears in her eyes.

"Youn Hee ?" He worried, daring a step closer.

"I'm sorry." She sniffled back with a wipe of her eyes. "Gosh, I hate crying like this." She chuckled humorlessly, wiping carefully her eyes with her fingers. "I'm sorry if I bothered you… I didn't mean to."

"It's okay !" He answered quickly, fearing deep down she did not want to have anything to do with him. "You looks tired, everything's okay ?"

Her expression changed a bit and show sincere pain and distress; which concerned the leader immediately.

"It's my father. He's really sick and…" More tears invited themselves in her eyes, and despite how much she tried to wipe them away they always came back. "Jeez…" She hissed between her teeth before looking in her pocket for some tissues, but she did not have anymore.

"Here." Smiled Eric, handing her the pack of tissues.

She looked up at him with surprise in her eyes, but smiling softly, she accepted the pack and wiped her eyes with some tissue before blowing her nose.

She froze in place at the first blow, glanced up at him and said "Sorry." Before chuckling at the embarrassing moment.

Eric followed soon after, and soon the tension vanished and let them in a quiet peacefulness. Both seemed to feel something was happening between them, and the leader could not remember feeling like this about a girl before in his life.

He was attracted and intrigued by Youn Hee, wanting to protect her and be by her side.

"You want some coffee ?" He proposed suddenly to her greatest surprise. "There's a really good coffee shop near here."

Youn Hee seemed to be disconnected for a second at the offer, but then she smiled, wiped softly her nose and nodded.

"I just need a minute, if you don't mind."

"Take your time." He smiled back.

They stared at each other for a second lasting a hundred times more before she seemed to snap out of it. Eric smiled some more when she turned away to head back upstairs.

      Youn Hee had sunglasses on her nose when she came back, and with a smile, Eric followed beside her to the front door after informing the housekeeper she would be gone for a moment. The lady appeared from he was not sure where and smiled at them when they exited the house.

"We looks like a celebrity couple." Chuckled Youn Hee when she noticed both her and Eric had sunglasses and were walking so close to each other.

The leader looked down at her and smiled, enjoying secretly the possibility they could be together for real.

"Because we are." He decided to answer and took her arm to link it with his.

He was not sure how she would react, but still dared doing it; because he wanted to feel her closer to him. To have her just against him where he could watch over her.

Youn Hee's face could have become crimson red if she was one to easily blush, but instead her heart started beating madly in her ribcage; her breathing suddenly loud in her ears.

She hoped Eric would not notice, because it was embarrassing enough like that, he did not need to know how flustered she was by their sudden proximity.

They walked silently after that, as if losing themselves in the moment. None of them noticed how quiet it was between them, and seemed to even appreciate it. Therefore, when they arrived at the coffee and had to separate, they both felt like they had just lost something important.

It was foreign emotions for Eric who had never loved someone deep enough to always want more than good and enjoyable moments together. With Youn Hee, it felt different. He was not sure what it was, but he did not have the same impulses with her like with his past girlfriends.

Maybe he was getting old, he did not know; but it felt good and weird at the same time to feel these emotions.

"I'll make sure you have your coffee this time." She smiled softly when they sat at a table in front of each other.

Eric was a bit confused by her sentence, and his lack of reaction seemed to panic her; because she was suddenly babbling nonsense and nervously playing with her fingers.

"Ah, yeah." He eventually understood when she mentioned something about the blind date. "I'll be sure to enjoy it then." He smiled, managing to relax her.

Being in front of each other like that in a public place suddenly made them awkward once again. Eric was not sure why he was feeling like this when face to face with her; but he was not sure what to say to begin with.

"It's good ?" He asked after their coffee were here and Youn Hee had tasted it.

She glanced up at him from her cup and nodded with a small amused grin. She certainly had noticed too how uncomfortable they both were, hence she decided to talk.

"I'm sorry if I didn't answer your phone calls, but I wanted to be alone."

"I understand. Is your father gonna be alright ?"

Once again, tears filled her eyes, but this time she managed to hold them back with a deep breath. Eric was not sure what could have happen to her father and hoped with all his heart the man would be alright.

"He's in a coma. He's diabetes, but his blood sugar suddenly dropped." She sniffled at the memory. "He was alone in his office when it happened, and when miss Lee found him he was unconscious on the floor. The doctor said they didn't know when he'll wake up. But his diabetes just got worse and I'm so worried about him." Her voice cracked on the end, and out of instinct Eric put his hand on hers as comfort.

It was like the world stopped around them at the contact, the warmness on Youn Hee's hand appeasing her so much that she managed to empty her mind and just focus on the man in front of her.

"I'm sorry about your father." He started lowly, his voice bouncing in her head and making her heart miss a beat. "I hope he'll be okay."

Such compassion coming from a man she had met only once and already showed so much weakness and tears to made her feel emotions too strong to hold back the salty drops filling her eyes. She did not want to cry of course, so she smiled with all her heart and intertwined her fingers' with Eric.

"Would you mind having lunch with me ?" She asked to his surprise, and taken aback for a second, he quickly snapped out of it to smile.

"I'll love to. You've a place in mind ?"

She bit her lip and lowered her head, something telling Eric she was uncomfortable by the question. He was not sure why, but he decided to just wait her answer.

"Well… You're going to think I'm weird…" She dared glance up at him. "But, there's a noodle restaurant outside of Seoul I'll like to go. It's nothing fancy and pretty small… but it's delicious."

She waited nervously his answer, fearing he would not like her choice and just decide to go to one of the luxurious restaurant all around Gangnam. She hated to go at these places, because she had no good memories about them and just wanted an enjoyable and simple moment with Eric.

She was not sure why she was so easily speaking her mind with him, but it was like after crying in front of him and telling him about her father she did not have anything to worry about anymore. Because if Eric was still there after that it meant she could be herself.

It felt good, and she prayed the man would not reject her offer.

"What are we waiting for, then ? Let's go."

She was a bit surprised when Eric so energetically stood up; with her hand still in his, and leaded her out of the coffee. It was nothing rough unlike what she knew; and for once she loved the gesture. It was full of care and carefulness, something she was not used to.

 

      As Youn Hee had said, the restaurant was small and modest. A couple in their forties were the owners, working in the kitchen and at the counter. They welcomed them warmly and seemed to recognize Youn Hee immediately.

There was no one in the restaurant when they arrived, and Eric felt quickly uncomfortable when the attention fell on him. Youn Hee introduced him like a friend, and even if the couple seemed to find him familiar, they did not know per say who he was.

Youn Hee said nothing more about him and walked him to a table by taking his hand gently.

Eric could not help smile at the gesture, and when they sat in a corner the leader was disappointed they had to break away from each other.

"You want something specific ?" Asked Youn Hee before he could even take the menu.

"Hum, I'll take whatever you take. I hope it's the good stuffs." He grinned and she smiled.

Calling out for the wife, Youn Hee comfortably ordered noodles, beer, side dishes and even soju for both of them before thanking the lady with a warm smile.

"You'll love it." She assured him when they were alone.

He only smiled back before waiting in a peaceful quietness for the food to arrive. The soju was first, and soon enough they ended up talking comfortably as if they were good friends.

Eric was happy to learn more about Youn Hee, and when he went home on this same night, his head was filled with adorable, cute and sometimes sad stories about her childhood and family. It was how he learnt Youn Hee's mother had died from a lung cancer when she was ten, and that since then her remaining family -meaning her father and older sister- had grew closer to the point they had became each other's priority.

Of course, Youn Hee's father still had his work, and her sister had married and moved out of the country; but it did not mean they had stopped caring about each other and were doing their possible to keep in touch as often as possible.

It was beautiful to hear, and Eric suddenly felt sad to be so far from his own family. Hence, when he had a moment the next day he jumped on the opportunity to call his mother.

 

      Youn Hee and Eric's relationship only became deeper and deeper as time kept passing. It was obvious the two were meant for each other, and miss Lee -Youn Hee's housekeeper- was missing no opportunity to state out loud how compatible they were.

Youn Hee's father was still at the hospital after two and a half month, and doctors still had no idea when he would wake up. Such difficult situation seemed to restrain Youn Hee in the evolution of her relationship with Eric.

She was enjoying their dates and moments together, but there was always a little something that seemed to hold her back. As if she was scared to go any further than a beautiful, innocent romance. Eric loved their passionate kisses and gentle touches; but something in Youn Hee's behavior felt off.

Eric could not say what, but sometimes she did not seem fully here; as if her mind could not completely let go in the new found love.

"I've a surprise for you." Whispered Eric before moving off the couch.

Youn Hee, comfortably sitting on the couch, watched him with a small smile on her lips before chuckling softly when he came back with a big white teddy bear.

"You couldn't be more obvious." She laughed before accepting the present. "But I like the ribbon around its neck… did you tie it yourself ?" Eric loved this playfulness in her voice, and sitting back beside her, he kissed her temple with an arm wrapped around her shoulders.

"What did you expect ? A big messy wrapping paper you would have rip apart in a second or the bright smile on my face when giving the teddy bear to you ?"

"Hum… both. I love ripping apart wrapping papers." She grinned back before balancing her head back to peck Eric's lips.

He rolled his eyes just for the matter before pulling her closer to him to wrap her in his arms; the big teddy bear in hers.

"I could stay like this forever." He said softly against her head before kissing it gently.

Youn Hee smiled warmly and leaned more against him before shutting her eyes to repose her head against his shoulder.

"It's warm." She breathed softly with the teddy bear hugged tightly against her.

Eric wondered for a second if she was talking about him or the teddy, but he quickly forgot about it to lean more comfortably in the couch with Youn Hee against him and the teddy bear now on both of their lap.

They smiled in amusement at the fact and lost themselves in the moment.



O~kay

So... how was it ?

I'm not confident at all about this two-shot, and I'll understand if it's lame or something.

Anyway, just tell me what you feel about it ^^

And Part II should come in the week, so just be a bit patient =)