We Got Happiness

We Got Future

"Yeobo what did you do this time?"

"Come and just follow me jagiya, and be careful with your step, there's a lot of rock here."

"Then why do I have to wear pink skirt and pink cardigan like when we first met?"

"What's wrong with that? You always look beautiful to me."

Naeun frowned and said,

"Seriously oppa! I'm 57 years old right now and my body is not as tight as before!"

"Oh yeah? Let me check on it tonight when it's just the two of us."

Naeun was blushing and pinch Taemin's hips while he was laughing out loud.

"Then why do I have to wear a black scarf on my eyes like this? And where are you taking me oppa?"

"Would you prefer to wear this black scarf when we're on bed? Like we usually do when we were still young?"

Naeun's face blushing harder and she got speechless while Taemin continues to laugh, this time even louder than before. With irritated feelings Naeun snatching the black scarf off of her head and throws it off. She instantly prepares herself to scold her ert husband, but what she saw melt her heart away.

They are on top of a hill, under a cherry blossom tree. She knows this place very well. They used to visited this hill for picnic with their children when they were young and it's been a very long time since they come here again.

Under the cherry blossom tree was a blanket and above the blanket there was a picnic basket, a snow globe, two teddy bears, two wine glasses, two plates of paella, two plates of songpyeon, cookies, and cupcakes followed by a chair and a guitar on it. Right next the chair is one of Naeun's painting on display. All those memorable things for both of them. As soon as she look it all, all the memories came back to her mind like it's just happened yesterday. But Naeun felt something was missing from all of it.

"I knew you'd ask where the champagne was."

Naeun turned and saw her husband appeared behind the tree as he opened the champagne. Naeun laughing out loud while clapping her hands and Taemin said with a big smile,

"SURPRISE!"

Naeun laughed and accepted the wine glass, but suddenly she remembered something and asked,

"Didn't the doctor forbid you from drinking alcohol yeobo?"

"Only this time."

Taemin said as he hurriedly drank it and pour another one. Naeun shook her head seeing her husband's behaviour.

"So what do I get for this surprise?"

Taemin purposefully stretches out his hands with a wide smile, Naeun laughed and hugged him tightly, but when she let him go from her hug she saw him frowned.

"Actually what I was going for was a kiss, and not just any but a hot and wet french kiss."

Naeun laughed out loud, seeing her husband who she has been married  to for more than 35 years and still acts like a young man in love. Actually her husband is never changed at all. They end up sitting together at the blanket and Taemin raise his glass,

"For our great life and the love of my life, my sunflower, the most beautiful woman who I get after so much difficulties and the best wife in the world, and a wonderful mother to my children and..."

"Okay that's enough, I'm thirsty."  and she drinking her champagne while Taemin scowled,

"Hey I haven't even finished my speech yet!"

 

 

 

"Can I ask what all this surprise for? And why did you use the same clothes as when we first met?"

Taemin looking at his white pant and green sweater. He smiled innocently to his wife,

"Maybe I want to make you fall in love with me again?"

Naeun snorted at her husband while Taemin laughed, then when he took a cupcake Naeun held his hand and said,

"Didn't the doctor also forbid you from eating too much sugar? Do you need me to remind you that you have diabetes?"

"Only this time."

Taemin replied while hurriedly eat his cupcake and Naeun sighed again.

"Yeobo seriously what is that we celebrate today?"

"You really don't remember what day it is?"

Taemin replied without turning his focus on the cupcake he was eating. Naeun become annoyed with all the suspense and asking herself what day is today? Naeun trying hard to remember important events in this date but nothing came up.

Their wedding date on 23 December. The date of birth of their twins 3 February. The date of their first meeting 17 May. The date they were officially dating 13 April. The date of her husband recovered from his cancer 12 January. Today is 14 January. What day is today?

"I give up, I really don't know what day is today yeobo."

Taemin smiled at his frowned wife and said calmly,

"Today, 14 January is the day when you accepted my proposal 35 years ago and made me the happiest man in the world."

Naeun looked at her husband and she remembered how Taemin propose her on the ferris wheel, under the fireworks. Naeun touched her husband's face, eventhought he has some wrinkles and white hair, it doesn't reduce his good looks at all. And forever Naeun will thought that Taemin is the most handsome man in the world. With her teary eyes she starring right at Taemin's eyes and found that his love to her was never changed at all, it's remain the same, and even stronger than before..

"I guess I can't help but to fall in love with you all over again."

Taemin smiled proudly and then lay his head in Naeun's lap. She gently his hair while the other hands plays his wedding ring. Taemin sighed and said,

"You have no idea how good it feels to wake up every morning knowing you are mine and I'm yours."

"Don't you think we're far too old for this kind of thing?"

Taemin snorted and stood up,

"Of course not, I'm still young, let me show you, I still can dancing Everybody by Shinoo."

When they were young sometimes they come to music concerts. On of their favorite musicians is Shinoo. Famous boyband consisting of five young handsome and talented men, Onold, Kay, Mingo, Jongbyun, and Taegong.

When the music started Taemin started to move his body as well but suddenly,

"AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRGGHHHHH!!! MY BACKPAIIIINNNNNN!!!"

 

 

 

An hour later Taemin still groaning in pain while his wife was massaging and rubbing his back patiently,

"I told you right, don't move or jump too quickly, our body is getting older yeobo, do you need me to remind you that your age is now 62 years?"

Naeun turned his back until her husband's head was lying on Naeun's lap again. She his hair gently and Taemin turned around so he was facing Naeun's belly as the other hand grabbing Naeun's . Naeun was pinching his husband's naughty hand and Taemin laughed. They both stared at the sky until Naeun broke the silence by saying,

"Do you remember when we first met on the Jeju Island yeobo?"

"Of course I remember, I asked you to meet me in a cafe, but because we didn't get to talk much and you just leave a sketch. At that time I didn't even ask for your number."

"I'm not leaving the sketch yeobo, it's left behind, you know that day I just finished my interview as a painter's assistant."

"Yeah my cinderella leaving a sketch instead a glass shoes, fortunately I still keep the sketch until now, and honestly I wasn't expecting to meet you again at the photo shoot."

Naeun smiled remembering her second meeting with Taemin. At that time Naeun who was still 18 years old was asked by her cousins, Lizzy, to be a model for wedding dress advertising. Both of them thinking that it was fate and since then they became close.

"If Jongin was not sick that day we probably would have never met yeobo."

"Who said that? Even we not met at that day, I still will found you."

Naeun giggled at his husband's cheesiness,

"Talked about Jongin, actually I never thought you could make up with Jongin, remembering how you two almost had to kill each other back then. Do you remember when the two of you pretended to be the student in my school to meet me but you were caught by my teacher?"

"It's his fault! He can't act like a high school student!"  Taemin snapped irritably.

At that time Taemin who was 23 years old, still a college student majoring in engineering, and he had to compete with Kim Jong In, Naeun's childhood friend who likes Naeun too. The worst thing was that Kim Jong In turned out to be in the same college with Taemin. One of the their crazy way to meet Naeun is when they are pretended as a high school student in Naeun's school, but both of them caught by one of the most killer teacher, Myria Songsaenim.

"And do you remember when you forced me to accompany you in bungee jumping yeobo? That's really scary!"

"Bungee jumping is nothing compared to when I met up with your horrible brothers."

Naeun giggled when Taemin frowned. Naeun's mother died after giving birth to Naeun. That's why her father, Son Dongwoon and her four older brothers were very protective with Naeun. She has four older brother, the first is Jinki, the second is Kibum, the third is Jonghyun, and the fourth is Minho.

When Naeun finally accepted Taemin as her boyfriend, her over-protective older brothers never stop bugging and disturbing Taemin. Everytime Taemin and Naeun will go dating, somehow they will 'accidently' met Naeun's four older brother and they end up following Taemin and Naeun. Even when Taemin and Naeun cooking together, ice skating events, watching movies at the cinema, Chuseok days, and even when Taemin and Naeun went to the theme park, the boys ALWAYS there too. But they always denied by saying, 'It's only a coincidence.'

The other case is when Taemin and Naeun talking and playing in Naeun's room and and Jonghyun peeking at them throught the window.

Once a time when Taemin went to Japan for working, he would send many gifts, food, and gogi to Naeun from Japan but all the food was eaten by Naeun's brothers, leaving Naeun a rosary bracelet only.

Worst thing ever is when all of Naeun's brother wanted to come with them too on their honeymoon to Spain, fortunately Son Dongwoon stopped his sons and put and end to their behaviour, and Taemin forever thankfully at his father in law.

Remembering all those memories make Taemin looked rather pale while Naeun laughing out loud.

"But I have two happiest moments and memories in my whole life." 

Taemin said that while holding hands with Naeun,

"The day of our wedding and the birth of Tae Sun and Sae Eun."

Naeun's answered and Taemin looked at her face shocked, Naeun smiled and said,

"Because it's my favorite moments of all too."

The elderly couple staring at each other face with smile and love on their face. It seems that they never been aging, they seemed to be young again, like their first meeting, like the first taste of love.

"Heaven maybe hidden in the clouds, but I see it everyday, just by being with you."

Taemin said it softly and kissed his wife's hand, with the same lips that are able to make Naeun flustered and shy with his adoration since they first met. The same eyes that always can make her heart beats faster than before. Like what she once read in a book, marriage is a mosaic you build with the one you love, when millions of tiny moments create your love story..

Naeun seeing the sky, as she want to say a millions of thank you to God for her life, with teary eyes she put her head on her husband's chest while Taemin leaned agains the trunk of the cherry blossom tree and kissed her head.

"Do you want me to sing? I've been carrying a guitar."

"Just shut up and let me enjoy this moment."

"Okay."

 

 

 

"What will we do with an elderly couple who act like a teenager and going for date like this?"

Tae Sun sighed while saw his parents sleeping soundly under the cherry blossom tree.

"Nothing, just let them be, and it's good that you finally found your car's key and the car too."

Sae Eun brother while put her jacket to their parents,

"Yeah, dad not only borrow my pant and my sweater but my guitar and car too, thanks to him I can't go work today and I'm sure my boss will kill me."

"Just relax and why don't we staying here for a while? It's been a long time we never went picnic to this hill again. I have to admit I kinda miss this place."

Sae Eun said that while sitting on the blanket and feel the breeze. Tae Sun sitting too and took a cupcake and cookies,

"Have you told dad and mom that uncle Jinki, uncle Kibum, uncle Jonghyun, and and uncle Minho wanted to stay at our house for a few days and they already on the way here?"

"No, let them rest for a while because after our uncles come our parents won't be able to rest easily, especially dad."

For the first time Tae Sun laughed at his twin sister's words. He took the wine glass and enjoying the wind and the scenery with his parents and sister like an old time..

 

 


 

 

Annyeong my dear readers, how are you all? ^^ So far do you like it? And special, special thanks for my designer and editor @Koreanlover300, you're the best! *\(^^)/*

And for some of my loyal readers and my dear friends, have you found my surprise? ^^

And for those who already waiting for this story, thank you, thank you, thank you, and many thank you for you :')

Don't hesitate to comment, subscribe, and upvote, and see you for the next update! ^^

 

 

ps : check the story feed, I have another surprise for my beloved readers ;D