Six days to fall in love

Of maps and cups of tea

I FINALLY UPDATED!!! I took a ridiculously long time to write a freaking oneshot jfc. And I don't know if anyone was waiting for it, but I'm warning you: it's nothing special. So I deeply apologize if it doesn't meet your expectations, but I did my best. And sorry for my grammar mistakes ^^" my english isn't as neat as I wish it were. I still haven't properly proofread it, but I'll do it as soon as I can. Thank you  for reading!!! o/

 


 

                Sunwoo was lost.

                He looked around, hand nervously messing his dark hair. It was a rather small town — buildings hardly had more than five or six floors, there was a pretty church here, a small shopping center there, a municipal school, a nice park and stuff like that. Still, Sunwoo had no idea whatsoever where that town was located at. He slept in the bus and missed his stop, so he had to get off at the first place the bus stopped next.

                As he looked at a cute couple walking on the sidewalk, Sunwoo wondered whether he should ask them or not. He chose not to. In his numerous trips, he already had had many wrong information given to him and ended up even more lost. He started walking away from the small station's door, having already searched the whole place for a map.

                His backpack was heavy under his shoulders, but he was so used to it he almost didn't feel the weigh. After some thinking, he decided to buy a map or something of the sorts. Maybe it would be useful for other trips as well.

                Since it wasn't a big town, it wasn't hard to find a bookstore. The place had the traditional look: big windows displayed lots of colorful books, neatly arranged next to one another, a kinda old architecture with blue-ish walls, and a small step leading to the door.

                As he opened the wooden blue door with a large glass panel in it, he had a brief thought he was starting to run short of money. Soon he would need to earn more. He was greeted by a light and pleasant smell of old and new books (mostly new) and furniture polish. There were  shelves full of books on the walls, sometimes with opened windows in between them; sofas, armchairs, desks and other tables with more books.

                Sunwoo started his search. He was looking for… Hm, what exactly…? Oh, maybe a tourist's guide! Yeah, that could work well.

                Fifteen minutes later he realized he was getting nowhere. It was a one-floor store and he still wasn't anywhere near finding what he wanted to find, even though there were indications of the sections hanging from the ceiling. He sighed in frustration.

                "Huh, excuse me, can I help you?"

                Sunwoo jumped when the voice suddenly reached him. He looked to the side. It was a young man around his early twenties, his blonde locks over his forehead and a nametag on his chest. He's good looking. Some more moments and Sunwoo realized he was yet to answer.

                "Actually I was just taking a look", he said and motioned around with his head. "I was wondering what kind of place this was."

                "Oh, I see." The man smiled. "I'll be over there if you need anything. I'm Jung Jinyoung, by the way." He pointed to his nametag. "It's not like there are many people working here but… yeah…" … "I'll leave you alone."

                Sunwoo was surprised by the sudden introduction, so, speechless, he only nodded. Jinyoung smiled again — a bit embarrassed this time — and  walked back to his spot behind the counter. Two more minutes and Sunwoo started to feel awkward standing there and got out of the store, waving shortly to the pretty blonde. He walked, walked, walked, then suddenly stopped.

                What the ? He felt his face warming up. What the freaking ? Why did I even…? Now, with no map and too embarrassed to go back to the store, the only thing he could do was stay one more day in the town. Did he have enough money for a hotel? He checked — yes, he had. Okay, so one night here, that is.

 

 

…            …            …

 

 

                When he woke up the next day, first thing he did after breakfast was go to the main part of the town. He needed money if he wanted not to starve and he did it by putting his specialties to use: his humor, his singing and rapping.

                He waited for the place to fill up a bit and started his show. It was slow at first — he started telling joked to a family, loud enough so that other people would listen and gather around. Little by little he added more things and soon he was making a full-on show. He felt proud of himself when everyone laughed at his improvised punch lines and lame lyrics.

                In the end he managed to gather an affordable quantity of money. 'Not bad', he thought as people went back to their routines, their expressions lighter than before.

                "That was really good", a comment came from his left.

                "Thank you." He turned around to properly thank the person, but his voice got stuck in his throat.

                "You're that guy from yesterday, right?", Jinyoung asked.

                "Huh… I mean yeah, yeah. Hi again."

                The blonde chuckled.

                "Sorry, I didn't get your name", he said.

                "Cha Sunwoo."

                Jinyoung let the name roll on his tongue for a moment and Sunwoo decided he liked to hear the other say it. Jinyoung opened his mouth as to say something else, but his phone rang and he had to get the call. The blonde muttered some 'yeah's, 'okay's and a 'I'm going back right now' before hanging up.

                "I gotta go, my lunch break is over", he said apologetically and waved goodbye, walking away.

                Sunwoo stayed there, unmoving, for some time until he snapped out of it and headed back to the hotel to gather his things and finally go back to the goddamn store to buy the thing he needed.

                He didn't buy it. He ended up sitting and talking to Jinyoung until it was time to close.

 

 

---           ---           ---

 

 

                One day turned into five and Sunwoo had no idea how it happened. He hadn't bought the bloody map yet and he knew — walking down a street, in a path so familiar to him for the past days — he wasn't going to buy it that afternoon either.

                The sight when he walked in the bookstore was one he was becoming used to; Jinyoung sitting behind the counter doing whatever while waiting for Sunwoo to arrive. Since that day on the street, after Sunwoo's little show, the brunette had taken the habit of going to the bookstore and spending his entire day there, just chatting with the pretty employee.

 

 

                He told the blonde everything about himself, and in return got to know things about the latter.

                He found out Jinyoung was almost turning 23 years old and had started working in there in the beginning of the year. He had lived in this same town since forever and had never gone anywhere else. And he loved to write lyrics. Once Jinyoung even played in the guitar and sang one of his compositions.

 

                "This is awesome", Sunwoo praised once the blonde finished. "Have you ever thought of at least playing it to a public?"

                "I actually have", Jinyoung answered a bit shyly, putting his guitar to the side. "But it always seems like it's lacking something so I never managed to go anywhere and ask to play."

                The next hour was spent with Sunwoo trying to convince him to do it.

 

                And Jinyoung loved tea. Every day he would bring some that he himself made. It was weirdly delicious — he put something in there that made it taste really good, but never said what is was since it was a 'secret recipe'. Once the blonde said it was cute how Sunwoo's cheeks (baby cheeks as he started to call them) puffed up when he drank it.

                They were taking the habit of having lunch together as well, sometimes joined by the owner of the bookstore and Jinyoung's childhood friend, Dongwoo. He was a very gentle and handsome lad, with a slightly long hair and big glasses over his eyes.

 

 

                "Hello!", Dongwoo greeted from the other side of the store when Sunwoo walked in. At the moment he was organizing the shelves.

                "Good morning, hyung", Sunwoo answered in the same cheerful tone.

                Sunwoo sat down on the chair Jinyoung put right next to himself. The day went by smoothly. They talked, drank tea, went to have lunch together, Sunwoo watched when the blonde had to talk to the customers, and sometime after sunset they bid each other goodbye.

                On his way back, Sunwoo thought it was curious that everytime he looked at Jinyoung he found the latter more and more captivating.

 

 

…            …            …

 

 

                The following day Sunwoo's ball of happiness burst. He woke up with an unpleasant but true realization that downed on him as he looked around the hotel he's been in during that week. He took his time in gathering his things, getting the clean laundry and everything and put them in his backpack. He returned the room's key to the reception and then went to the bookstore.

                He gulped when he got neared the blue store, that at the moment even had a random bicycle next to the entrance. He stepped in.

                Jinyoung beamed when he saw Sunwoo. He started a "good morning", but quickly closed his mouth when he noticed the backpack. His eyes turned worried and he looked at the brunette, looking for an explanation. Sunwoo felt a lump in his throat, but swallowed it and said:

                "I'll go today. I'll take a bus and go somewhere else."

                "Today?" Jinyoung's voice was barely above a whisper. "But… do you need to go?"

                "I… I think so."

                "You think?"

                Sunwoo nodded.

                "But why?"

                Sunwoo sighed. He himself wasn't so sure if he wanted to leave.

                "It's been several years since I last stayed more than a week in a place", he tried to explain. "It's the exact opposite of being homesick, ya know. I just… I can't stay here anymore."

                The brunette knew he should have said something better, chosen better words, but for the moment that was the only thing his brain could process. Silence followed. Jinyoung bit his lower lip and lowered his head. He seemed to be in deep thought. Sunwoo shifted the weigh from one foot to another.

                His heart felt heavy. Was it about leaving the town? No, not really. Maybe it was about… leaving Jinyoung? His stomach sank once again at the thought. Yeah, that was it. He didn't want to leave the blonde behind. He had already met many, many people throughout his life, but that specific one he didn't want to be apart from. So… should he really?

                While Sunwoo pondered about it, Jinyoung had already hopped off the high seat behind the counter and walked up to him.

                "Do you need something in order to go?", the blonde asked.

                "A map." His throat felt dry when answering.

                I don't want to go.

                Jinyoung hesitated for a moment, then breathed in deep and said in a firmer tone:

                "You can't afford to buy one, right? You're going today, probably immediately, and you still need to buy your bus ticket."

                Sunwoo raised his eyebrow. He was confused as to where this was going.

                "I can give you a map or whatever you need", resumed Jinyoung, his foxy eyes meeting Sunwoo's puppy ones. "And I can give you my tea recipe as well. However I'll only trade them with a kiss."

              The brunette took a moment for it to sink. But when it did, he suddenly realized he indeed wanted to kiss Jinyoung. He noticed he had to answer quickly when he saw the blonde's mouth opening, nervously, about to dismiss what he just said.

                "I have a better idea", he said and Jinyoung stopped to listen. No, you don't.

                He searched his mind for the thing he really wanted to happen. He found it, then said it:

                "How about you come with me?"

                A second, and Jinyoung's mouth opened slightly in surprise.

                "I wanna drink the tea you make", proceeded the brunette, gathering his courage. "I wanna listen to your songs whenever you feel like singing them. I wanna hear you talking and see your face every day. And then I won't have to leave you."

                Jinyoung was still speechless, but little tears gathered in his eyes and he smiled. And nodded. Sunwoo added:

                "But I still want the kiss."