Ch.1 : Hang out’s over

DEVIL INSIDE ME: HER EYES

“Are you kidding me?”

James laughed, a little bit looking down on Amber who sat right in front of him in the class. Eunjung also giggled as she shook her head and rested her chin on the palm of her hand. Nerd, still Amber had this nickname for her although she was living the new life but still only her who knew the truth behind these students. There was an aura, very sharp and big, she could feel it.

“Nope.” Amber fixed her glasses and looked at her two friends in front of her as she shook her head. These days, she should wear glasses because her eyes could see devils if she didn’t wear that stuff. The real form of Kris and his armies were scary for her, so, she decided to wear glasses to prevent her from seeing the darkness and just let it be. “I’m gonna study in my house after school. Furthermore, Eunjung, we just finished the basketball match. Don’t you wanna take a rest?”

“Oh, c’mon, Amber! We promise we’ll bring you home this afternoon.” The brunette smiled and she kind of shook James’s arm with her elbow. “Right, James?”

The guy glanced at Eunjung and then, he saw Amber again. “Of course! C’mon, this just needs a little time. You should have some fun sometimes.”

Amber heaved a long sigh seeing her friends really wanted to hang out with her, she didn’t know why she had this strange feeling inside of her. One thing she knew, she had to protect her close friends from Kris, the devil.   

“Okay, let’s go.”

~~()~~~~~()~~~~()~~~~()~~~()~~~~()~~

 

“See? This is amazing!!!” James spread his arms under the aquarium. He loved water, he loved sea, different kinds of fish, everything related to big blue ocean. Then, he d his bag to search for his camera inside of it, once he picked up the camera, he started to take as many as he could the picture of the fish.

“Hey, Eunjung, see the camera! One, two, three! Say cheese!!” He took Eunjung’s picture when many fish swimming to her position like they wanted to eat her alive.

“Gosh!!” Eunjung saw the picture that James took it for her then, she pouted because she was disappointed about it. 

“Anyway, where’s Amber?” Eunjung asked her friend and they both saw around them. Amber was right there, wondering about something as her eyes taped on the big old ship inside the aquarium.

“Am.” James poked Amber’s shoulder until she jolted because it did surprise her and snap her into reality.

“Guys! You shocked me!”

“What are you seeing?” James asked her

“Well, I’m kinda interested in that ship.” Amber pointed the ship inside with her index finger. “I wonder how they could bring that old ship to the aquarium full of sharks.”

“Are you crazy wondering that thing? Just ask the founder then, you’ll find the answer.” James logically said to Amber

“So, you don’t know the story, guys?” Eunjung’s eyes got widened when she was saying it to Amber and James

“What story?” James was wondering

“Yeah, what story?” Amber asked the same question to Eunjung

“I heard when this big ship was sailing 10 years ago, it sank because of wild storm and wave. All of people in this ship died because sharks ate them alive under the sea. Then, the employees brought the ship along with the sharks.” Eunjung told them both but it seemed James wasn’t really interested in the story and he just took pictures of the ship while Amber little bit doubted it but she was actually curious about the story

She looked at the ship again, weird feeling ghosted her and she could feel shiver flowing down her nape. Cold wind and strange voices came all of a sudden, it made her wanna take off her glasses and see what happened inside the big aquarium.

A young boy appeared right there, looking at her from the old ship inside the aquarium. She didn’t react at the first time but suddenly, the boy swam and swam and swam directing to her very fast until she could see his destroyed face and his red eyes trying to eat her. “KYAAAAAAAA!!!!” She fell down on the floor because of it, she was shocked so she wore her glasses again.

“Amber, what happened??” James and Eunjung came, they were surprised because Amber fell down after seeing the aquarium.

“I’m fine, nothing…” She was breathless answering James and Eunjung

“Really?” Eunjung asked her

“Yeah..” When Amber was helped out by James and Eunjung to stand up, she felt there was a pair of eyes looking at her from the distance. “Is that…. Kris?” As her eyes saw blurry scene, she saw Kris’s figure in vague

“Hmm?” James was wondering, his eyes directed to where Amber. “There’s no Kris.”

“Maybe, it was only my hallucination…” Amber held her head, she guessed Kris was really around her and he didn’t want to let her go. She had tried to send him back to the hell but she got no luck, he grew stronger and stronger even he had sent her an ultimatum to bring her back into his place, his kingdom in the hell.

“Hey, let’s go to the dark room.” Eunjung suggested

“Dark room? No, I’m afraid of the darkness.” Amber rejected Eunjung offer

“Why?” Then, the girl jutted her face to Amber’s, teasing her a lot. “Are you afraid if the ghosts from the ship came and brought you to their place?” Eunjung smiled as she poked Amber’s face with her index finger. “Oh, our Amber is so cute~”

“Stop it, Eunjung. It’s not funny!” Amber shoved off Eunjung’s hand then, she forcefully was dragged to the dark room. Eunjung promised her after this, they would go home and today’s hang out with Eunjung was over.

They all finally entered the room, at first they still could see the aquarium full of fish but when they were in the middle of the room, it was totally dark. They couldn’t see anything but only people’s footsteps.

“Hey, hold my hand until we find the exit.” James told the girls but only Amber who reacted to James’s words. Amber held his hand very tightly even her breaths became heavier than before and the sweat started to drop from the side of her forehead.

“Oh, please… You should enjoy this, not holding hands like that..” Eunjung commented, didn’t wanna hold James’s hand and went together to find the door. She rolled her eyes and walked passing by them two, letting them alone and she tried to find the exit by herself.

“They think I can’t find the door by myself? Let’s see, I’ll bid a goodbye from the outside of aquarium for them.” Eunjung said it by herself, her confidence was way up too high until seventh heaven. She didn’t know what will wait for her from afar.

She kept walking and walking without direction, she was a bit scared right now. She regretted why she didn’t take James’s hand just like Amber did. It was getting cold and she didn’t bring jacket for herself. Eunjung started to feel tired of walking and didn’t know where to find the exit.

But somehow, she heard a voice. A crying voice, it sounded like a little boy, so, she walked directing to the voice.

“Hey, boy, I’m here. Don’t be scared..” Eunjung whispered

“Mommy!! Mommy!!!” His crying was getting louder and louder

From the way he cried, Eunjung could know this young boy was lost and he couldn’t find his mother. “Let’s find your mother together. You want me to piggyback you? C’mon.” Eunjung said to the young boy and then, the boy hop up to Eunjung’s back.

“Oh, you’re so heavy.” Eunjung felt like she was bringing an adult not a little boy but she tried to scratch her thoughts and started to walk again to find the exit door.

She was tired, she admitted it. But then, she found the light, she thought she had found the exit door. She felt relieved and heaved a sigh. “Oh, finally, that’s the door.”

But when, she reached the door, she found something strange. The boy was laughing in her ears, it sounded like a man’s laughing. She could see James and Amber, they were outside already but Amber’s expression looked worried and scared when she was looking at her.

Eunjung tried to open the door, but she couldn’t. The door was locked and she was trapped with someone who was behind her. “Let’s go to the ship with me.”

She was surprised and scared at the same time, her eyes tried to see who behind her was. It was no way a ghost, “KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OPEN THE DOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE I’M STILL HERE!!!!!!!!! AMBER!!! JAMES!!!!!” She hit the door but neither anyone could hear her nor opened the door for her

“Hang out is over.”

“AMBERRR!!! JAMEESSSS!!! HELP MEEE!!!!!”

 

Amber’s POV

“Where’s Eunjung? She’s still not around?” I tried to see everywhere around me and James. Eunjung hadn’t come out of the aquarium, it was already afternoon and it was almost locked. James and me were worried about her, was she safe? Could she find the way to the exit by herself? And many more, I was super scared because I could feel Kris’s aura very strong inside the aquarium.

“Look, she’s right there! She’s still inside!” James pointed out the building with his forefinger and I tried to follow his direction. “But, who’s with her?”

“Huh?” I narrowed my eyes to see who behind her was, but I couldn’t know about it all. I decided to take off my glasses and see what happened, Eunjung seemed shouting and knocking the door. I tried to gather all my guts and take off my glasses.

As I saw it with my own eyes, my eyes got widened and I couldn’t hold but shouted. “Noo!! Eunjung!!!!” I ran very fast to the building but I saw Kris smiled at me and dragged Eunjung away. I didn’t know where he would take her, it was nonsense, it was too much. He shouldn’t do this to get on my nerves. “Let go of her!! Open the door!!”

“Hey, hey, hey, Am!” James came after me. “Who did you see?”

“No, no, you don’t know. Let’s find the employees and tell them to open the building again.”

 

==

A death was something that I hated the most, I was tired of seeing death. One occurred and another one soon followed. Eunjung was my close friends, this was our last time hang out together.

Her body was finally found in the ship inside the big aquarium, nobody knew who did this to the poor girl but me. I knew who did this to Eunjung, I saw it with my own eyes that Kris dragged Eunjung away from the exit door.

I could feel Kris was smiling from far away, he looked at me from somewhere only he knew. James was shocked, friends were shocked when they knew Eunjung had died. I should find Kris as soon as possible, I should stop him before he was killing someone else again.

 

The funeral went very dark, rain didn’t stop from this morning until now. Everybody didn’t believe the cruel reality that Eunjung’s life had taken away from her. Her parents came to her funeral. Friends, teacher also came, even the King of devils came too.

“Gorgeous..” His hand wrapped my shoulders, we shared same umbrella. I didn’t look at him, being next to him was already making me scared. “Come back to me, my bride.”

“I will never go to your place. Just stop this, Kris.” I rejected him

“Is this what you want? You know you won’t be able to me to the hell.” Kris whispered to me with his husky and nice voice. “Let’s play game.”

“Kris, please..” I begged him, I looked at his handsome face. I admitted it that he was very interesting to see

“You see that nerd with glasses?” Kris pointed to the boy with his eyes, soon I followed his eyes’ direction. I saw Eric Nam, the transferred student from America. He was a new boy and I should admit that he was very freak in studying department

“Prepare yourself..” His lips were very close to my right cheek, he almost kissed me if I didn’t shove off my head away from him. “He’s next.”