Part I

The Reasons

Melbourne, Australia (2024)

10 Corso Como Cafe

A girl wearing black undone buttoned up flannel shirt with white v neck shirt underneath, black fitting pants and red and white kicks walks inside the cafe and order her usual before sitting down on one of the tables beside the glass wall.

The girl fished out her phone from her pocket and started typing while sipping from her cup every now and then.

"What am I supposed to do for half an hour?"She grumbled to no one after reading her lastest sms.

She kept grumbling until somebody cleared their throat.

"Yeah?"She asked looking up only to be shocked to see a familiar face. Although it was obvious that the woman's looks have matured, aging didn't really ruined the beauty of the blonde haired lady.

"Uhmm, hey."The blonde woman said that took the girl out of her reverie.

"Uh, sorry. I- you just look really familiar."The girl said while shaking her head as if to wake herself up from her own daze.

"I was wondering if I could sit here? I feel really more comfortable sitting near the windows."The woman explained since there were other vacant tables.

"Uh yeah, sure I guess."The girl said earning a sweet smile from the woman who took a seat opposite the still confused girl.

"Is there something on my face?"Tthe woman asked noticing the stare of the your lady opposite her.

"Huh? uh no, I'm sorry."The girl said before focusing back on her phone trying to avoid looking at the woman.

"I'm Jessica by the way."The woman introduced herself, extending her hand towards the girl for a handshake.

"I uh, I'm, just call me Sone."The girl said before taking the hand of the woman who gave a knowing smile. The girl marveled at the feeling of touching one of the hands she once dreamt of holding.

"It's been a while huh?"Jessica asked the girl in front of her with a mischievous smile.

"Yeah, I can't believe I finally got to meet one of you."The girl hiding behind the name Sone said with a face splitting grin.

"And I'm guessing there's something you want to ask me?"Jessica asked with a giggle.

"There's so many of them."The girl answered with a sarkle in her eyes.

"I'm willing to answer everything, since I'm still practically free for another hour."Jessica answered openly.

"As long as I don't tell anybody else right?"The girl said with a smile.

"It's actually okay if you will. They can't hurt me now can they?"Jessica said confidently making the girl smile while nodding excitedly. "So, what do you want to know?"She asked leaning her elbows on the table and putting her face on her hands.

"I'm sorry, there's just so many of them and and I still can't belive that I'm looking at one of Girls' Generation's members. I mean you really are Jessica Jung."The girl said trying to keep in a squeal.

"Finally sinking in huh?"Jessica asked with another giggle. Oh! And by the way, I'm actually Jessica Kwon now."She said while proudly showing the ring on her finger.

"So, you really did get married huh?"The girls said with a smile.

"Yeah, but it wasn't true that I got married at 2015, I actually got married in 2019."Jessica said to confirm things.

"Oh! so Tyler wasn't lying?"The girl asked before taking a sip of her coffee.

"Hmm? No, he didn't get married in 2015."Jessica answered with an amused giggle.

"So what are you doing now?"The girl asked.

"I'm still designing, but I kept hidden obviously. I needed a front man to take over while I do my business behind close doors."Jessica answered nonchalantly.

"If you want to stay hidden why are you telling me everything?"The girl asked with a bit of amusement in her voice.

"I don't know. You don't look like a bad person who would sell my words with a twist. Besides, I don't really mind the world finding out where I am now or what I am doing."Jessica answered confidently making the other girl smile.

"Are you still in contact with your other member?"The girl asked Jessica.

"Yeah, we have get togethers at least once a month."Jessica said shocking the girl.

"Even Sooyoung and Yoona? But they seem really busy!"The girl said knowing how both girls are still in the industry continuing with their acting careers.

"Yeah, those two are actually the ones who miss out at certian times but the others are always around."Jessica answered confidently.

"Wah, daebak."The girl said amazed.

"Wait, you speak Korean?"Jessica asked excitedly.

"Nah, just a bit. I only know how to from watching variety shows since I was young which was during your prime."The girl answered honestly.

"So are you an Australian? Because no offonse sweetheart but you look kind of different."Jessica asked cautiously.

"No, I'm half Filipina, half American."She answered.

"Ah, you know, Tiffany still visits Philippines frequently because her brother's family still lives there."Jessica said with a smile.

"Really? You know, her business is really doing well right?"The girl asked before taking a sip of her drink again.

"Yeah, and yes. She's actually my front man well, woman."Jessica answered making the girl choke on her drink. Jessica helped the girl by giving her a tissue from the dispenser on the table.

"You're the actual owner of White Gem? No wonder it didn't say pink."The girl grumbled the last art lowly.

"No, I'm her co-founder. We built that empire back in 2017 after the official disbandment."Jessica answered honestly. White Gem is a famous brand of fashion wear and accessories. From clothes to shoes , to perfume and even to jewelries. It's a well known fact that Tiffany Hwang owns the said company.

"Wow, this is so much to take in."The girl said.

"I know right? Aren't you curious about the other members?"Jessica asked giggling at the girl in front of her.

"How's leadernim?"The girl asked after recovering from her shock.

"Oh! Taengoo's doing just fine. She's actually having the time of her life with her own family."Jessica said smiling widely.

"Wah! I didn't know that she got married."The girl said nodding her head before abpruptly stopping and staring at Jessica with wide eyes. "She didn't marry baekhyun did she?"She asked Jessica in fear.

"What?"Jessica asked with a laugh. "No, of course not."She answered still laughing.

"Thank God. I didn't believe that of a rumor for one bit."The girl said with a laugh of her own.

"I know right? We didn't stop teasing Taeyeon about it for like a whole of two months. She hated it. And quite honestly, I think Baekyeon did too."Jessica answered saying the last part in a serious tone. 

"Wait, who did she marry then?"The girl asked.

"Oh she married T-"Jessica stopped when she saw the girl reaching for her drink. "Don't drink, you might spit on me once I'm telling you this, making the girl frown. "Taengoo's happily married to Tiffany. They live here in Melbourne with us."She said and the girl stared at her as if she just grew another fair of ears.

"Wha- NO WAY!"The girl said a little too loudly making the other patrons look at them. 

"Shh!" Jessica scolded. "Apologize, appologize."she said while also apologizing to other patrons.

"Sorry, I's just a little too shock with all this. I mean, I've always thought they were sweet but I thought everything was just for fan service."The girl still in shock said.

"No way, those two have always been so in love with each other."Jessica said confidently.

"Wait, you said they live with you guys here. I thought Tiffany lives in L.A."The girl said confused.

"No, she just go there from time to time to manage the company or sometimes I go."Jessica answered when her phone suddenly rang. "Excuse me."She said before answering the call.

"Hey babe."She greeted with a smile making the girl opposite her smile too. Happy to see that one of her idol is happily talking to her husband.

"It's okay, I meat a very special friend anyway."Jessica said giving the girl a knowing smile which was returned by another one.

"Oh really? Pali! I want you to meet her too."She said excitedly.

"Dae, I love you more. See you."She said before hanging up the phone.

"Hubby?"The girl asked.

"Yeah, my baby Kwon is coming."Jessica said.

"You must be happy?"

"Very happy."Jessica answered almost dreamily.

"Do you have kids?"She asked Jessica.

"We have two. Do you want to guess their names?"Jessica asked excitedly.

"Jesse and Jessie?"The girl answered unenthusiastically.

"Eish, you're no fun."Jessica pouted making the girl giggle.

"Well, I have no idea."The gril answered with a shrug.

"Fine, We had our twins back in 2021. We named them YeonRi and YoonJung."She asnwered still with a pout.

"Daebak! You have twins? Nice! But why the names though?"The girl continued with her questions.

"Just because, Yeonri's name was given by their appa and obviously I gave the name Yoonjung."Jessica answered.

"From Soojung?"The girl asked.

"Yes of course. Yah! Are you supporting her drama?"Jessica asked or more like demanded.

"Of course! She's amazing with her acting after all."The girl answered and the bell on the doors of the cafe was heard. The girl took a glance of the new comer behind Jessica before putting her attention back to the blonde only to do a double take. 

She stared at the familiar woman. She has auburn hair and still sporting the same y, cool and masculine fashion that she was well known for back in the days. 

Jessica looked behind her and saw what the girl was staring at and giggled. She watched as the woman head for the counter first.

"Hey, you okay kid?"Jessica asked snapping her fingers in front of the girl's face.

"You're child's name is YeonRI right?"The girl asked with a frown earning an innocent nod from Jessica. "You're not a Kwon because of Tyler, are you?"

"No of course not." Jessica answered proudly with a grin. "I only have one Kwon Seobang, and every Sone knows who that Kwon is."Jessica answered with a smirk.

"Wow, I can't believe this."The girl said with a huge smile on her face. "Yuri-ssi's, headed towards here."She continued when she saw that tanned woman walking over them with that familiar smirk like grin on her face.

"Still looks as y as ever right?"Jessica asked with a smirk of her own.

"You're the ice princess, can't agree with you. You might hurt me."The girl answered before Yuri got to their table.

"Hey babe."Yuri greeted leaning down to place a kiss on Jessica's awaiting lips before taking a seat on the the chair next to Jessica.

"Baby, meet soen, my new friend."Jessica introduced her.

"Oh wow."Was all Yuri said before giving the real smirk of the infamouse y black pearl.

*********

TBC